Sexual Assault Allegations as Political Weaponry

Status
Not open for further replies.

civver_764

Deity
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...sconduct-before-election-day-report-says.html

One of Hillary Clinton’s wealthy pals paid $500,000 in an unsuccessful effort to fund women willing to accuse President Trump of sexual misconduct before the 2016 election, The New York Times reported Sunday.

Susie Tompkins Buell, the founder of Esprit Clothing and a major Clinton campaign donor for many years, gave the money to celebrity lawyer Lisa Bloom who was working with a number of Trump accusers at the time, according to the paper’s bombshell report.

Bloom solicited donors by saying she was working with women who might “find the courage to speak out” against Trump if the donors would provide funds for security, relocation and possibly a “safe house,” the paper reported.

Former Clinton nemesis turned Clinton operative David Brock also donated $200,000 to the effort through a nonprofit group he founded, the paper reported in an article entitled, “Partisans, Wielding Money, Begin Seeking to Exploit Harassment Claims.”

Bloom told the Times that the effort was unproductive. One woman requested $2 million then decided not to come forward. Nor did any other women.

Bloom said she refunded most of the cash, keeping only some funds for out-of-pocket expenses accrued while working to vet and prepare cases.

In one case Bloom reportedly arranged for a donor to pay off one Trump accuser’s mortgage and attempted to score a six-figure payout for another woman.

The woman with the mortgage ultimately declined to come forward after being offiered $750,000, The Hill reported.

The paper reported reviewing one email exchange between one woman and Bloom that suggested political action committees supporting Hillary Clinton were solicited, without naming which ones.

Bloom, who is the daughter of famous attorney Gloria Allred and, like her mother, specializes in representing women in sexual harassment cases, worked for four women who were considering accusing Trump. Two went public, and two declined.
Wow.

So here we have a report showing that pro-Clinton operatives bribed women hundreds of thousands of dollars to accuse Trump of sexual assault. Imagine my shock.

Note that Bloom's mother Gloria Allred was also involved in the accusations against Roy Moore. In other words, false accusations are the new Democrat MO. They figured out that accusations of racism/xenophobia don't work any more, so now they have switched to accusations of sexual assault. And unfortunately, they now have proof in Alabama that it works. And there are virtually no consequences for the women making these false accusations. Expect to see a lot more of these going forward.

Where's your evidence that any of the allegations are false?
He saw it on Fox and Friends.

I don't think anyone doubts that false harrassment allegations are a thing. What's stupid to believe is that somehow because they exist that it must invalidate all claims made against GOP lawmakers and that this is the Democrat's new MO.

Is it just me or do conservatives tend to have simplistic and childish views of the world?

That's not a vieled swipe at the OP, that's a direct accusation.

Where's your evidence that any of the allegations are false?
Oh, I dunno:
  • the hundreds of thousands of dollars of bribes
  • the fact that they came out right before the election
  • the fact that they were from long in the past, some even decades ago, and miraculously appeared just in time for the election
  • the fact that the same people (Allred, Bloom) are involved in "organizing" these accusations, and are Democrat partisans
  • the fact that in both cases after the election we suddenly stopped hearing about these allegations
These are obvious political hit jobs.

did Lisa Bloom forge Roy Moore's signature on one victim's yearbook?
That was Allred, and yes her client basically admitted that it was a forgery.

Democrats are really the worst.
Thank God for Trump.

I don't think anyone doubts that false harrassment allegations are a thing.

Most feminists do.
That's one of the major talking points:
False accuisation of rape or harrassment are so infinitessimaly, astronomically rare that the most useful perspective is that they don't exist at all.

In fact in having said what you just said you have outed yourself as all manner of unspeakable things.
Don't worry, the local pro-feminist deputies will figure you're harmless and put practical tactics over theory.

So, half a million wasted when all they had to do was dig up old footage of him. Grab 'em by the....
Then there's Moore who has been banned from every shopping mall in Alabama....

She "admitted" she added the date and place after Moore's blurb, which has now been authenticated by a handwriting expert. It's the spin doctors at Fox News that call this a "forgery."

Oh, I dunno:
  • the hundreds of thousands of dollars of bribes
  • the fact that they came out right before the election
  • the fact that they were from long in the past, some even decades ago, and miraculously appeared just in time for the election
  • the fact that the same people (Allred, Bloom) are involved in "organizing" these accusations, and are Democrat partisans
  • the fact that in both cases after the election we suddenly stopped hearing about these allegations
These are obvious political hit jobs.

So any allegation, no matter how idiotic, against a Democrat are obviously true. But any allegation against a Republican, no matter what evidence is presented, is obviously faked.

We know what antiamerican country you're working for.

So any allegation, no matter how idiotic, against a Democrat are obviously true. But any allegation against a Republican, no matter what evidence is presented, is obviously faked.
I don't think I've ever seen such a bold-faced strawman in my entire life.

We know what antiamerican country you're working for.
:lol:

Trump's an ageing billionaire playboy who lived his entire life shielded from any kind of consequence. To think that he never committed sexual assault is like saying that Playboy Mansion is a bastion of modesty and abstinence.
Only open the spoiler if you don't mind going blind...
Spoiler :

:lmao: I've now read the article. What I see is money being used to pay the expenses of victims, not money bribing the victims. Do you think lawyers like Allred work for free?
Yeah...that's totally believable. TIL it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to accuse someone of sexual misconduct. Obviously they're not to come out and literally say "yes we were trying to bribe women, please take us to jail now".

Trump's an ageing billionaire playboy. To think that he never commited sexual assault is like saying that Playboy Mansion is a bastion of modesty and abstinence.
Only open the spoiler if you don't mind going blind...
Spoiler :

I mean he only admitted it in a taped conversation with a personal friend.

Of course all this was considered normal until what, 25-35 years ago?

Handwriting analysis is highly unreliable.

Nelson did not 'basically admit' it was a forgery, she said the message and signature were Moore's (written in cursive) and she added (printed) the date and location so she'd remember him. He wasn't gonna let her forget him that easily, 2-3 weeks later and he 'basically' tried to force her into oral sex... Happy New Year, Honey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom