1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sexy girls have it easy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LucyDuke, May 30, 2011.

1. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

Not my title, that's the title from the article.

The bar part isn't the least bit surprising, it's not unusual for a pretty girl to drink free. But the rest! I wouldn't've expected free cake and taxi rides just for being nice-looking.

Men: have you been "a sucker for a pretty woman"?
    Women: have men given you stuff for free just 'cause you looked good?
    (Assume strangers.)

2. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

The cake is a lie!

3. Trajan12

Trajan12 Deity

I think I have sort of a backlash effect. I tend to assume, rightly or wrongly that attractive women are trying to get one over or that they often have and thus adjust my favour towards them a little lower to compensate. Social justice and all.

I've frankly never understood the phenomenon. Guys have to know that giving preferential treatment to a woman doesn't make you any more attractive to her and therefore doesn't make you anymore likely to benefit. It's like playing the lottery only without the comforting knowledge that some of the money you throw away goes to schoolchildren.

4. Yeekim

Yeekim Moderator Moderator

Another fine example of how women are marginalized and repressed in our chauvinistic society. /irony

5. Whiskey_Lord

Whiskey_Lord Deity

Um, where can I find some of these forward women?

6. Trajan12

Trajan12 Deity

Because the majority of women are that attractive? Because even the attractive ones get a leg up in work settings?

If anything, this would demonstrate how women are marginalized and their worth is reduced to their appearance, not the inverse.

7. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

This isn't in any way shape or form news or surprising.

The good news though is that even mildly attractive women (Caroline is no hotty) still get their way when they put themselves out more so to speak.

8. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

I'm surprised by how much stuff she got for free!

9. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I'm not. I know girls who work at a small coffee shop and while they are attractive they aren't super models or very busty and they get loads of free stuff. Its amazing what stuff some guys have that they don't need and will just give away (or sell really cheaply) to a pretty girl who serves them coffee and nothing more. Golf clubs, car repairs, video games, an almost brand new LCD TV and of course lots of tips.

10. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

£3 is such a trivial sum of money. I mean, what's the trade-off here? £3.00 for the chance of spreading my seed? It's a no brainer -- literally.

11. Grisu

Grisu Draghetto Retired Moderator

I'm not surprised at the free drink or cake, but I have to admit the bus/cab ride surprised me.

in my foolish youth I signed up for an Amnesty International donation, because the girl that talked me up was really nice and very pretty, so I guess I have ;) But then I might have donated anyway, there's no telling.

12. Boundless

Boundless Deity

If you're confident and exude any sign that you may sleep with someone, then you're going to get stuff for free, as Mise says, it's a no-brainer. And 'plain' her didn't exude any sexual signs at all, so there was no indication that she would.

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Men are stupid and think with their *censored* Nothing new here.

As for myself, I like to think I'm not that stupid. But I am. I haven't seen the video, so I'm not sure how nice she is in it. But I don't care how hot the woman is, if she acts like a *censored*, she ain't getting anything from me. I hate these women that think they can act all snotty and still get men to do stuff for them. I simply refuse. But if a woman is nice and sweet to me, I'm butter in her hands. The one exception would be giving out money. I'm cheap with my money, and save a lot. I don't just give away cash to random strangers no matter how nice they are. But I'd probably give away a piece of cake.

Sometimes I think of the stuff I've done for pretty girls (changing tires and whatnot), and I feel bad. Because I'm not sure if I would have done the same for a fat woman. I feel like a bad person for this.

I haven't seen the video, but if what you say is true, that is telling and showing the test wasn't very scientific. Even if an average looking and conservatively dressed women was flirty with me, I'd do stuff for her, and I would do her. Most men's standards are not that high. Unless someone is physically repulsive, (excessive weight, deformities, etc.) they are going to get something.

14. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

if you wanna stand out of the crowd and have fun with her, ya gotta be the ONE GUY not willing to give her anything for free.

15. Ekolite

Ekolite Deity

I think I treat good looking women preferentially and I'm gay. I think it goes deeper then just the fairly biological ''I want to have sex with you so I'll give you free stuff''.

16. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

There was a news special (one one of those news shows like 60 minutes) I remember watching around 15 years ago addressing a similar theme. But the results were more surprising. Basically the results showed smooth talking is the most effective. They put up several different types of people. And the average looking male lawyer (who was good with words of course) did the best. It's worth noting that good looking men have advantages too, but still not as much as being smooth with your words. As I said in my above post, unless you are physically repulsive, you should be able to get something if you use the right words.

17. Silurian

Silurian Deity

I have drunk in two of the bars in the video and I would have bought her a drink as plain or sexy before I got married.

18. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Not sure if it means much since it is the same girl. She did sound a bit more defensive while she was plainly-dressed.
    Also, it is England, of course even a half-decent looking girl is a rare sight there :mischief:

19. Silurian

Silurian Deity

Yes the best girls are from Macedonia especially Skopje

20. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Haven't seen one. Which is rather strange given that they say that Thessalonike has 25% fyromian population :crazyeye: