1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sexy girls have it easy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LucyDuke, May 30, 2011.

1. Brighteye

Brighteye intuitively Bayesian

Not at all! We have lots of visiting foreigners.
    I've had that. When a girl asks for a drink I am genuinely shocked. I've bought some friends drinks, but never strangers.

2. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

Its not sexism, its the truth.

And a word of advice, women stopped going for the overly sensitive line a long time ago, so there is no need for you to try so hard.

3. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

Kinda reminds me of this party I went to Saturday.

Me and some friends were hanging out, quiet part of our conversation, not much going on, it was dark and we were getting some smokes in before the next band. Silhouette approaches, saying "Do I know anyone over here?"

She strikes a lighter, and scans our faces. Immediately, every guy in the group was talking to her at once, except for me :lol:

4. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

If you ever begin to attract the attention of females that think you look like you might be able to afford a token gesture, then you might see what a burden us marginally-not-creepy-and-apparently-not-broke guys face.

5. SS-18 ICBM

SS-18 ICBM Oscillator

Need a larger sample size.

6. LucyDuke

LucyDuke staring at the clock

I'll not argue whether it was scientific, but the flirtiness is part of the "sexiness".

:huh:

More in free stuff than she spent on makeup, and didn't screw anyone. Seems smart enough.

7. NickyJ

NickyJ Retired Narrator

Unless someone look's like they could use some help, I'm not going to waste my time or money. I mean, if they were short on money, I would probably help them, but if they can afford makeup, expensive clothes, etc., I don't think they need help. If I thought I had a chance of getting in a long term relationship with said person, then I would probably help out. But a total stranger who needs no help? Nope.

8. Mr. Dictator

Mr. Dictator A Chain-Smoking Fox

Wow, shallow much?

9. metatron

metatron unperson

She herself referred to the look as "dolled up".
    If she was going for that, she succeeded.
    I feel it looks silly. The plain look looks nice to me and absolutely not "unsexy". *shrug*

What else can i say?

But yeah, this is one of the situations where you can't possibly have an opinion either way without being called sexist. :)

10. downtown

downtown Crafternoon Delight

If you're a decent looking and confident enough dude, you can get free stuff or preferential treatment from chicks too!

11. _random_

_random_ Jewel Runner

And you do realize that this is antithetical not only to Catholicism, but to Christianity as a whole?

12. JollyRoger

What if someone looks like they normally have money, but claim not to have any (or enough) on them by mistake and could perhaps use a bit of cash for the bus or train? Panhandling in a suit is a lot easier than I thought.

13. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

I am reminded of this poster.

This been a fact since time began. Women had to look good to attract men who would then protect her and give her a place to stay. It will probably take a few centuries before that conditioning leaves people. i.e. Humans being around for 10,000+ years and Feminists only a few.

Yes, we all know that we should know better, but attractiveness is a fact whatever the sex.

14. Flying Pig

Flying Pig Utrinque Paratus Retired Moderator

Certainly if I saw a man in a suit asking for a bit of money to get a train home I'd be far more inclined to believe his story than if he were wearing old clothes and a beard.

15. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

What about this guy?

16. Boundless

Boundless Deity

He definitely wouldn't have my money - simply because he looks like he doesn't need it.

Edit: actually...now I'm confused, maybe I would, because I don't think he'd be conning me...

17. JollyRoger

The only time I have been dishonest about needing money was when wearing a suit. I gave it to the old clothes and beard guy that had just been shot down.

18. J-man

J-man Deity

It's an unfair world.

19. NickyJ

NickyJ Retired Narrator

That's why I said that if they're poor or need help, I'd help them, but if they're up to their necks in money, I see no need to help the rich get richer. Someone who actually needs help comes first. But I'm not inclined to help someone who's obviously sitting on a pile of money avoid paying for their cappuccino and Twinkies.

Isn't it common for people to pick up the tab at a restaurant if you're dating that person?

20. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

I'd offer him £25 for his mobile phone.