SG - May be best suitor win!

Roster ...
Ruff_Hi - 1st drop
Strauss - 2nd drop
GreyFox - 3rd drop
knupp715 - back in the pavilion
Culdeus - at the crease!

Nice job guys. I really like your city names - and to think that I started with the silly name 'Cricklewood' - BTW, extra valentine's day present for anyone who tells me where that name comes from!

Turn 0 - Lots of unworked tiles being worked where worked tiles are vacant. Sigh. Fixed that. Traded for calendar with Catherine for some stuff.

Turn 1 - Dropped sci rate to 80%. +1. Barracks done in LoveMachine. Started Axe.

Turn 2 - Why does this happen to me? Catherine asks me to cancel deals with Lizzie. I refuse. Sigh. How do you take a screenshot of this. Kept giving me "screenshot failed"

Turn 3 - zzzzz

Turn 4 - Worker done in crickle. Start Axe.

Turn 5 - Isabella changes to Police State :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Turn 6, 7 - zzzz sigh. I sort of lost track of where I'm at turn wise. Nothing is going on. As soon as the dye is hooked up a two man road crew will head off to the NE.

Turn 8 - Library done in lizwatch and she converts to confuc. We should have Tokyo in revolt before long. It's shrinking and is losing land by the turn. If it does flip raze it. Crappy city spot.

Turn 9 - Japan plops another crappy city down near our border. Thank goodness we got love machine up before they took that site. Started the hanging gardens in Crickle. I know it will put happy pressure on us, but the GE points are needed for future wonders.

Turn 10 - Noticed Izzy is moving a medium size stack without a settler south towards US!!!!

Some screenies next and the save. Sorry if I went over.

Got it - just have to find my pads, bat and batting gloves. Hope to post some time this week end.

There is a bug (or similar) with screen shots when the diplomatic screen is up. I press screen print and then flip across to paint and manually paste it.

Roster ...
Ruff_Hi - at the crease
Strauss - 1st drop
GreyFox - 2nd drop
knupp715 - 3rd drop
Culdeus - back in the pavilion - enjoying a beer

Turn 132 (425 AD)
Tommy has some resources that I want but he and Kathy are friendly - we cannot afford a 'you declared war on our friend' from Kathy. :( I'm going to hook up some trade routes between us and Bella, Hatty.

Turn 132 (425 AD)
Liz-Watch finishes: Axeman
Love Machine finishes: Axeman
A bandit axe appears from the fog to the south. I move the LM Axe to intercept.

IBT:
Confucianism has spread: Canterbury (English Empire)

Turn 133 (450 AD)
Liz-Watch begins: Courthouse
Love Machine begins: Worker
Tech learned: Philosophy
Taoism founded in Hatty My Love
Taoism has spread: Hatty My Love

IBT:
Confucianism has spread: Hastings (English Empire) - wow, 2 cities in two turns - is this one of our religions?

Turn 134 (475 AD)
Research begun: Civil Service - maceman - yum
Liz-Watch grows: 7

Turn 135 (500 AD)
Axeman promoted: Combat II
Promoted as bandit battle is expected next round.

IBT:
While defending, Axeman defeats (1.60/5): Barbarian Axeman

Turn 136 (520 AD)

Turn 137 (540 AD)
Research begun: Monarchy
I checked our relationships with the girls and we aren't that hot. But Monarchy is a few people's preferred civic so I am going to research and convert! Also, us hooking up our trading network!!

Turn 138 (560 AD)
Axeman promoted: Shock
Taoism has spread: Love Machine
This was our free Taoism missionary. I put him here to increase the culture pressure on tommy.

Turn 139 (580 AD)

Turn 140 (600 AD)
Tech learned: Monarchy
Cricklewood finishes: The Hanging Gardens
Love Shack finishes: Keshik
Hatty My Love finishes: Barracks

Turn 141 (620 AD)
Research resumed: Civil Service
Cricklewood begins: Scout - planning to send him looking around the country - see what is what
Love Shack begins: Swordsman
Hatty My Love begins: Swordsman
building up our army - I am itching to hit someone and bandits aren't good enough.

... and our capital is happy and healthy for the first time in ages ...

Roster ...
Ruff_Hi - back in the pavilion
Strauss - at the crease
GreyFox - 1st drop
knupp715 - 2nd drop
Culdeus - 3rd drop (beer finished)

We ar capable of getting Divine's Right to grab Islam (fifth and final religion). Might want to consider that. Religion situation is not very good. Hatty founded her own religion (judaism), Bella founded her own (Buddhism) and managed to get Alex hooked to it. Only Liz joined our religion. Cathy has yet have any religion.

We are in control of 4 religions currently (surprising for mongolians, eh?), looking at #5. Assuming we don't get Islam, we must do the following:

(A) Break Nappy and Lizzy by
(A.1) Attempt to convert Liz Cathy to Confucian, and convert Nappy to something else (say chirstianity);
OR
(A.2) Convert Liz and Cathy to Christainity, and let Nappy remain confused.

(B) Isolate Tonku with Hinduism

(C) Break Alex and Bella by converting ALex to Taoism

... and I thought it was 3 of the same religion.

I think you can have 3 missionaries of the same religion at one time. I just got out of a game in which I had 3 confucian missionaries but was still able to build taoist missionaries.

BTW, this is also my 'got it' post

ruff_hi said:
... and I thought it was 3 of the same religion.

Actually, I just checked the manual to make see who was correct, but it doesn't specify. I think though that you guys might be right and I was under the wrong understanding. We will have to wait for somebody to clear this up....

Edit: Struass posted right before me... You learn something new everyday :)

Inherited turn (620 AD): I am left with a civilization in anarchy. I change production of swordsmen to keshiks.

Turn 1 (640 AD): Worker starts cottage near Liz-Watch.

Turn 2 (660 AD):
Iron pops on a plains hill near Love Shack. Cricklewood finishes scout and starts on a Swordsman. Love Machine starts on Christian Monastery, I think we should try to convert Napoleon to Christianity, and Lizzy and Cathy to confucianism. Worker at Hatty My Love starts mining hill.

Turn 3 (680 AD):
Worker starts hooking up extra iron and another one builds a farm near Love Machine.

IBT 4: Cathy converts to Buddhism! We'll have to convert her to Confucianism eventually, but this way her "friendship" with Tommy will begin to show cracks.

Turn 4 (700 AD): zzzzzzzz

Turn 5 (720 AD):
Liz-Watch completes Courthouse and starts on a Keshik. Cricklewood finishes Swordsman and starts building a Confucian Monastery. I start mining a hill near Love Shack.

Turn 6 (740 AD):
Worker near Hatty My Love starts building a camp on the deer.

Turn 7 (760 AD): We discover Civil Service and start researching currency to keep our economy healthy. It's a cheap tech for us now. Love Shack finishes Keshik and starts building an aqueduct to allow more growth. Research is reduced to 70% at same turn amount. The Mongol Kingdom changes its legal form to a bureaucracy stationed in the capital.

Turn 8 (780 AD):
We have changed our legal form to bureaucracy.

Turn 9 (800 AD):
Cricklewood finishes the Confucian Monastery and now starts training a Confucian Missionary. Workers at Cricklewood start mining the plains hill. The Workers at Love Shack start building a cottage on grass. Research is sped up to 80% at -2 gpt, which we can sustain for a little while.

Turn 10 (820 AD):
As I end my reign over the Mongol Bureaucratic Kingdom, we are the most advanced civilization (not really a surprise...).

Afterthoughts/notes:

Because Cathy has converted to Buddhism, her relation with Tommy is starting to worsen. She is still at pleased though, so we'll have to wait before we kill off Tommy (which will be very easy I think, he has a horrible starting position (well, his starting position will be quite good because of the mapscript, but the land surrounding him is crap)
Our relation with Cathy on the other hand has improved, as we get an extra +2 for Hereditary Rule.

Overview:

Roster ...
Ruff_Hi - 3rd drop
Strauss - back in the pavilion
GreyFox - at the crease
knupp715 - 1st drop
Culdeus - 2nd drop

Got it ... (well not literally, since I will donwload it when I'm back at home). Hopefully will play tonight.

Too bad Cathy did not join one of our faith, but at least she and bella are now good galfriends with each other. The downside is Alex. :hmm:

Well, see what I can do to out-compete Alex wrt to Cathy and Bella.

Inherited turn

looked around, everything seems to be in order.

In-Game

I tried building the Chichen Izta (always thought of it as a chicken temple ... :crazyeye:). but someone beat us to it. :aargh: On the plus side, it gies us some gold to pump up our research a bit.

Have been building some missionary plus keshiks. Managed to converted one of Cathy's city.

Traded Codes of Law + Priesthood for Construction + 160 gold from Alex. Now we can build catapults.

Near my end-turn, Nappie come demanding some tech ... his threat was so laughable that didn't even bother to see what he demanded before telling him:
"Go do some rope-skipping, nappie, and grow an inch before threatening me!" :lol:.

Cat-Fights

First Cathy asked us to stop trading with Hatty.
"No, can do, sweetie. Try to play nice with Hatty, would you?"
For this, she slapped us with a "-4 Refuse to stop trading", from the previous -2. Uh-oh.

Then, another catfight: Bella asked us to cancel deals with Liz.
"No can do, pretty. Ladies, stop being so petty!"
For this, our relationship went down by 1 point.

Hmm... we realy have to do somethign about this!!!!

For those who prefer the turn-log, here goes:
Spoiler :

Turn 151 (820 AD)
Cricklewood finishes: Confucian Missionary
Liz-Watch finishes: Keshik

Turn 152 (840 AD)
Cricklewood begins: Chichen Itza
Liz-Watch begins: Keshik
Tech learned: Currency

Turn 153 (860 AD)
Research begun: Feudalism
Research begun: Divine Right
Love Machine finishes: Christian Monastery
Hatty My Love grows: 4

Turn 154 (880 AD)
Love Machine begins: Christian Missionary
Hatty My Love finishes: Keshik

Turn 155 (900 AD)
Hatty My Love begins: Lighthouse
Tech learned: Construction
Cricklewood grows: 11
Liz-Watch grows: 10

Turn 156 (920 AD)

Turn 157 (940 AD)
Liz-Watch finishes: Keshik

Turn 158 (960 AD)
Liz-Watch begins: Colosseum
Confucianism has spread: Yekaterinburg (Russian Empire)
Love Shack finishes: Aqueduct
Love Machine finishes: Christian Missionary

Turn 159 (980 AD)
Love Shack begins: Catapult
Love Machine begins: Christian Missionary

Turn 160 (1000 AD)
Cricklewood begins: Confucian Temple

I think I did one turn less ... anyway, we are back to a good year.

The save: (knupp715 is UP)

The Relationship Before My Turn

The Relationship At the end

The world

Some Notes

- We have construction, so if next player wish to :hammer: toku, build some catapults.

- There is a christian missionary in Liz's land. Idea is not to convert Liz, but to send him to Alex.

- I did a test to see what is the effect of converting to Confuscian ... not too good. Bella immediately slapped us with a cancellation of Open Borders. :sad:

Without state religion, I don't know how long we can catch up without beefits of associated increase in hammers and happiness.

This is no good - it looks like Alex is in a nice little 3-way group. Him, Cathy and Bella. Trying to stay in with Hatty is hurting us with the other girls. Suggestions anyone?

What are the chances we have of getting isabella to go to confuc? This may be our only chance here. Things aren't looking good. Still alot of time and we can maybe get some + points for killing off tok in the meantime.

Top Bottom