SGFN-09: Constantinople stands alone!

Why all the SG's be dying? :(

'cause it's mostly a bunch of us old(and young) diehards playing Civ 3.

I've got it. I'll try to play on Monday. In the meantime, what should I plan to do during my set? (I haven't been paying enough attention to this thread :blush:) I presume that I should continue to wage war against our foes (should I try for peace with any of them?) and that we're going towards Shakes Theater at full throttle. What should the captured cities produce? Units? Workers?

Wars: do what you want IMO. If you feel like you're winning, feel free to press the advantage; if you're not, go ahead and make peace (but, remember, we're getting war happiness from them I think, so for the most part, default should be war).

Cities: make slaves from captured cities if possible. Once that's done, I think more units (w/ barracks first?) is fine, I'd treat them like you would a normal city of ours. IMO we should make a few regular workers from cities close to the capital, to merge as soon as we get Shakes.

Research: Finish Democracy, then Free Artistry as fast as possible. Capital should swap to Shakespeare's as soon as possible.

Monarch AIs are generally dumb and poor, so other than gifting SCI tribes for their free tech, war happiness is their main value. If the Zulu get uppity, squash them. Spain needs destroyed, so pursue them to their island and take those towns too. This game is won, now we're hunting a decent score.

All right, I played 5 but stopped here to make sure that I'm not messing anything up.

Spoiler :
Turn 0 (600 AD)- Look around. Everything looks fine, so I press enter.
IBT- Zulu move around.
Turn 1 (610 AD)- Move some workers around. Finish a few worker jobs.
IBT- Mongols demand wines, we refuse. They back down.
Madrid: Worker=> Worker (5)
Salamanca: Caravel=> Caravel (5)
Turn 2 (620 AD)- Zzzzz...
IBT- Toledo: Worker=> Worker (10)
Turn 3 (630 AD)- Zzzzz...
IBT- One Zulu Settler Pair goes into Greece.
Barbaropolis: University=> Courthouse (Plan on Changing)
Santiago: Worker=> Worker (5)
Turn 4 (640 AD)- Zzzzz...
IBT- Get a AC from Zeus. Thanks Zeus.
Greeks Begin Leonardo's Workshop.
Turn 5 (650 AD)- Move some workers. Stop here for Advice.

What do you guys think so far? Is there anything I should change?

Attachments

• Sparthage Set 3 SGFN09.SAV
    192.4 KB · Views: 48
Where are we on research? You might want to raise the slider just short of bankruptcy to ensure that we get Free Artistry before our prebuild finishes.

Edit: Checked the save, we can actually lower the slider and get a nice over-run. Madrid will need MM'ed to prevent growth. Toledo can grow now.

Alright, sounds good. I haven't been doing anything with the military, I'm moving the caravel to Madrid. I haven't woken up any army troops so far, is there any military moves that I should be making?

I will play in about 3 hours.

Military goals are a side issue, if you want to further punish Spain, go for it. If not, no worries, they are no threat

Personal bump to get updates enabled. It's been a while.

Turn Set Continued...
Spoiler :
Turn 5 Continued (650 AD)- MM Madrid to slow growth.
IBT- Intombe: Caravel=> Same (14)
Turn 6 (660 AD)- Turn Science down to 10%, Democracy in 1 at +176 gpt.
IBT- Democracy in, Begin Free Artistry (6)
Isandhlwana: Caravel=> Same (10)
Salamanca: Caravel=> Caravel (5)
Turn 7 (670 AD)- Nada
IBT- Toledo and Madrid Finish Workers
Murcia: Harbor=> Caravel (14)
Turn 8 (680 AD)- Nada
IBT- Mongol and Ottoman Galleys in Sight.
Santiago finishes Worker
Lose Silk.
Turn 9 (690 AD)- Get Silks, Gems, and 385 Gold from Mongols for Astronomy
Land Knight and 2 ACs on Spanish Isle.
IBT- Another AC from Zeus
Barcelona: Library=> Market (20)
Turn 10 (700 AD)- Nada

Notes:
Leo's Workshop in 9
Free Artistry in 3 at -51 gpt
We have 2 Caravels and 2 ACs heading towards Madrid for loading.

Attachments

• Sparthage Set 3 SGFN09.SAV
    193.9 KB · Views: 37
OK, I got it

Any progress, DW?

I think DW has went missing. I will see who is up next and we will declare a skip.

1: Overseer => Wondering where the heck the team went
2: Sparthage => Just played
3: DWetzel => MIA, skipped
4: Bowsling => Up
5: Elephantium => ?
6: GamezRule => ?
7: Charlemagne =>?

Sparthage was the last save, AFAIK

Once again, I ask: Why all the SG's be dying? :(

I am just as guilty of it too, mainly because I have lost interest in Civ at the moment.

I believe that the group of people that might like this game are dwindling in number, just as many of those who have played it lose interest. There are very few like me, that are singularly obsessed with this game.

Top Bottom