1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM 01 - Xteam

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, May 8, 2006.

1. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Post a link and I'll be there!! :thumbsup:

Will it be a random game or do we have any idea who we might be in SGOTM02?? :mischief:

Alan or Gyathaar, any hints?? :p

2. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

All ... well, some of it ... will be revealed in the next few days when we open the sign up thread.

3. leif erikson

Excellent, I'll be watching. :thanx:

4. leif erikson

By the way, for all you out there. :mischief:

I went to Amazon.com to check on my Warlords order and found they had lowered the price. Sent them an email and they honored the new price, as long as it hasn't shipped yet. So, go check!! :p

5. DJMGator13

DJMGator13 Wondering why Builders can't build Roads

Let's wait until some details emerge about the next game before starting a practice round.

6. leif erikson

I have been reading some of the other threads. I think Peanut's thread exhibits what Redbad has been talking about concerning city builds versus other things. I'm still early on in it, but I downloaded their final save and had a peek. It was enlightening to look in their cities and see what was build, even more important, what was not!! :eek:

We have to become more efficient at how we use our hammers!! :p

And waiting until the info pops out is fine by me. Reading this stuff helps to see what decisions teams are making and how to improve what we do. :mischief:

7. Capt Buttkick

Capt Buttkick Emperor

I was wondering about something we did in this game: why do we turn off growth if we've got enough food to grow the city without it starving again?
    I'm used to just letting the city grow and save up people for pop rushes. Do the cities become less efficient if they've got unhappy people?

8. DJMGator13

Unfortunately I don't have the time to read or play much right now so take good notes. You may have to beat me over the head to keep me inline.

9. Redbad

Redbad should have shaved

@Capt Buttkick

Reading back I noticed switching on "avoid growth" because we had +2 food before growth and growing over the happy and health limit would cost us +3 food and therefor we only would empty our foodbin.

Growing over the happy limit isn't often advangeous. Poprushing the citizen beyond the happy limit worsens the happy limit, which was problematic in the first place. Also does it seriously effect the speed by which workers and settlers can be build. It is advantageous when one isn't planning on building workers/settlers and still can grow after the penalty (so a +3 food (no health issue) or +4 food (with health issue)).

10. DJMGator13

Redbad - you up for another go with the Xteam?

Brad still hasn't been back to the forums and Romeo hasn't been around for awhile either so I think we need 1 or 2 players. I know my limited playing time situation will continue into early September so having 6 or 7 shouldn't be a problem. I'll try to see if I can get in touch with Brad prior to this starting. We could definately use 1 more plus Redbad for now.

Currently signed up are:
    Gator
    Bede
    Leif
    Capt.

11. DJMGator13

I setup a practice game for us in the SG thread. Here's a link.

We could still use 1 more experienced player for it.

12. Capt Buttkick

Capt Buttkick Emperor

I've got 2 weeks left of my vac, which probably will coincide with the next game starting up (starting next monday) so the more we are the less pressure on those who can play imhso (up to a point of course).