SGOTM 03 - Peanut

I am still here, just posted at SGOTM4. (played it last night)
I can probably play in 36 hours. So this is a got it (unless ainwood steps in)
Since I last looked at the game about a month ago, I didn't have anything wise to say.

I took us to the first vote:
we got 676 out of needed 785 of 1267.
see picture for the actual votes.

Other point of intrest.
- we lost a city in the first IBT. nothing I could have done about it.
- I user the GG to create another medic3
- we got GE. I used him to get broadway.
- I gifted copper to England. we have olny 1 for "you gave us resources" with her

THE SAVE

Turn 304 (1484 AD)
Moscow begins: Cossack
Novgorod begins: The Eiffel Tower
Novgorod begins: Hollywood
Novgorod begins: Broadway
Ivan the Terrible (Cossack) promoted: Lead by Warlord
Ivan the Terrible (Cossack) promoted: Combat I
Ivan the Terrible (Cossack) promoted: Medic I
Ivan the Terrible (Cossack) promoted: Medic II
Ivan the Terrible (Cossack) promoted: Medic III
Cossack defeats (11.40/15): Spanish Catapult
Athens begins: Work Boat
Calixtlahuaca begins: Lighthouse
Atzcapotzalco begins: Lighthouse
Novgorod finishes: Broadway
Knossos grows: 10
Beijing grows: 11
Shanghai grows: 18
Ecbatana finishes: Theatre
Calixtlahuaca's borders expand
Teotihuacan's borders expand

Turn 305 (1490 AD)
Moscow finishes: Cossack
Rostov grows: 13
Yaroslavl' grows: 14
Argos grows: 10
Sparta grows: 11
Corinth grows: 13
Shanghai's borders expand
Xian grows: 8
Tarsus grows: 10
Ecbatana grows: 6
Yekaterinburg grows: 2
Confucianism has spread: Smolensk
Taoism has spread: Arpinum (Roman Empire)

Turn 306 (1496 AD)
Moscow begins: Cossack

Well, we should be able to get Vicky back in line.
Gift technologies to her. We have still physics, electricity, radio and mass media, but can only gift one every turn.
That hopefully gives a "shared technology" point.

Revolt to representation for a "wisely chosen civic" point. We lose 2 points with Gandhi, but as Gandhi also likes Mansa that shouldn't be a problem.

I would say accept Isa's capitulation, to get her votes w/o further military action, to free troops for Huayna.

Get Huayna, either by conquest, or capitulation.

That should give enough votes, maybe not doable for the next vote, but for the vote after that.

If we pick up a second vassal point there comes the tricky point ;), we have to disband military then to lower our power :eek:. So that option should not be pulled before we are sure we don't need further conquest. :)

A little bit more digging in the SDK got another quirk.
Q: Why we cannot bribe Vicky to war though she's pleased as well with us as with Mansa?
A: The attitude relevant to trades (in contrast to the attitude_val relevant for diplo vote) is the average of the attitude towards the team (Mansa and us = pleased) and all the vassals. Every vassal counting as much as the whole team. So Vicky is annoyed to us wrt to trade, because she is annoyed with our vassals. Even one cautious towards a vassal would cause cautious, because of integer truncation arithmetic.
Well done Firaxis :p.

For diplo vote only the attitude_val towards us and Mansa is relevant. This is currently 10-3=7 for us and 4+x for Mansa. x= 0..3 depending on random at game start.
We need x=3 to get her short term :(. We need 16 sum to get the 8 average needed for diplo vote. We can get an immediate +1 for civic and probably a +1 for shared tech. Every other point for civic needs 10 turns. The only other fast thing is shared war (8 turns per 2 points) and we cannot bribe her to war, because of the quirk mentioned above :(.
We messed up some things long ago (that includes me :)). We still import furs from Mansa, though we have our own. Mansa could export otherwise to Vicky (he has no bonus trade with her). And we export crabs to Vicky, which could also be delivered by Mansa. But it's too late now to make a difference.

OK, long write up, what's the point.
We can probably get up to enough gains from Huayna shortly (maybe even in the 4 turns to the next vote), if Vicky votes for us. But that works only with 2 points more for us (civic and shared tech) and the most favorable RNG in the beginning.
We can further gain another 2 points 1 every 10 turns by keeping the civics, which still might not be enough. Or we can try to win w/o Vicky.

So my amended suggestion is: do the above mentioned things to please Vicky, but also declare on Saladin as next target. Currently, declaring on Saladin doesn't come with a diplo penalty with our friends. And maybe Mansa does something (one can hope).

Here's the last roster posted:

DaviddesJ
ainwood - up but not available
civ_steve - played recently
malekithe - played recently
klarius - played recently
MailMan <-- Just played 3 turns
Phabuk - on deck

So ... MailMan should play at least to another UN vote (IMO), or pass it if he wants. Please post what you'd like to do.

ainwood could claim it next, but it sounds like he has no time available; we'll assume we're skipping ainwood unless he posts a strong got-it.

Phabuk is next in line.

Let's give MailMan another 12 hours or so to respond if he'd like to play some more. If not, Phabuk can post a got-it.

OK, that should be enough time for MailMan to respond.

Phabuk - you can post a 'got-it' now if you like. After 24 hours, DaviddesJ is turned on to post a 'got-it' (and I sense he'd like to close it out :) ). And if ainwood or MailMan can play, they can still post 'got-it' as well. So first to post claims it.

I think klarius has explained the things we can do to gain the last 100+ or so votes we need to win. Good Luck to the next player!

Please continue with the roster. I could barley find free time to play those 3 turns.

Ok, it looks like ainwood can play this Saturday, but the save is open until then. If malekithe or klarius (or Phabuk, DaviddesJ or MailMan) wish to claim it, please do so. Just post a 'got-it' here first.

Top Bottom