SGOTM 04 - Geezers

I would let Gandhi be as it is. In the Civ3 competition in the end the team won that got Gandhi building Apollo fastest. Maybe this will happen again.

Yes, for more military techs and going for Izzy.:hammer:

I'm with mark...leave Gandhi as is and I vote for #2...more military, wipe out Izzy.

I think with enough Gunships, we could handle Izzy, Mehmed, or Hannibal...Gunships are the perfect tool for countering Tanks :D

0) Turn 510 - 1900 AD

Hannibal has 15 gpt available to trade so cancel Spices for 6 gpt and renegotiate for 12 gpt.

I'm flipping through all the cities to see what is going on and noticed that Birka is completely worthless... maybe we should go ahead and give it to Izzy for peace while we build our troops and then raze it when we get ready to go to war again?

Stopping here for you guys to tell me I'm insane...

Uh oh don't kill me but I meant to stop there and accidently clicked the wrong thing and she took it... I know in HoF games we can't go back for misclick but it honestly was a mislick - I meant to save and check with you. If you guys don't want to do this will see if allowed to go back to start of turn (I'll I've touched on save so far was the one renegotiate deal) on it because it was a misclick not a decision. :(

If I had done it on purpose I'd at least have walked all our troops out of there first. :(

I feel sick about this I'm really sorry. Been scouring the rules and can't find anything. In HoF you can't sumbit if you've even crashed but I know I read somewhere that they are slightly more lenient here for crashes but I can't find it and I'm sorta doubting misclicks are included in crash leniency. It's an obvious mistake - I wouldn't have left troops in there - but still dunno can't find a rule posted and I've checked everywhere I can think of.

Jenarie, just send a PM to Alan and/or Ainwood and if they point to a rule then we live with it. No big deal. We are trying to loose this game after all.

:lol: Maybe this will speed up the process and put us out of our missary.:p

Sorry. I did not get enough sleep last night. I was painting the living room and the dining room until wee hours. But seriously, contact the authorities.

@Jenarie - It's unfortunate but I think we need to let this stand. :( The SGOTM effectively runs under the GOTM rules. I found this in the summary of the rules:

Do Not Reload A Save To Change Any Move, Outcome Or Decision.

I think this hiccup really falls under either move or outcome and hence reloading is against the rules. A crash would have been another matter. By all means PM Alan but I suspect he'll say that we have to live with the consequences.

Don't beat yourself around the head about it. These things happen to the best of us.

Yeah, I think we have to live with it. But, seeing as our well-thought out decisions aren't working out so well, maybe our accidental ones will be guided by a benevolent cosmic force that will lead a miraculous result. :holy:

I need to skip. I should have asked Friday but I thought I could do this but obviously I can't. Just waiting now to find out if I have to upload and you have to play from my mess or if we can just pretend I'd asked when I should have and go from there.

Friday on the way to work I was stopped at a light and got hit. Apparently a lady was in a hurry and was trying to pass a truck and didn't notice we were stopped. I wasn't looking in the rear view mirror so I'm not really a witness to my own accident but she hit a man who hit me. I am pretty much ok with just some minor neck pain but I think my car is probably a gonner. It was pretty old and the rear is totally crumpled.

I thought I could play anyway since I seemed to be able to sit at the computer but now my head is pounding so bad I can barely see what I'm typing... I'll keep checking back to see if I should upload or not.

Really sorry.

I'm afraid you'll have to continue from the current state. As Sam said, please can Jenarie save and upload the current situation and then, as she wants to skip (and I don't blame her after having been rear-ended!), the next player should continue from there.

I'm sure your game will survive the misclick, and I hope you feel better soon, Jenarie.

Thank you, Alan, for taking the time to look into it. :)

Uploading now... Really sorry everyone for the mess. :(

Turnlog:
Turn 510, 1900 AD: Deal Canceled: Spices to Hannibal for Gold Per Turn (6)
Turn 510, 1900 AD: You have made peace with Isabella!

Since it was same turn it actually listed all of previous set but I just took the two lines that applied to me off the end.

Oh well I'm sure we can rely on Izzy to declare against us again to save us getting the demerit with Mehmed. At least it gives us time to build some more gunships. :evil:

Btw I'm off to the airport in a hour so best of luck for the next couple of weeks.

Sorry to hear this Jenarie.

Misclicks happen. Don't worry.

To the situation. We should take back Birka as soon as possible. There is an oil source and if she sells it to Mehmed he will have tanks soonish. We do not want this.

Roster :

Sam
Htadus
Mark
Jenarie - skipped
Harbourboy - UP
Thrallia - on deck

Sorry Jenarie! :sad: I've been in a couple of minor bumper accidents this past year...luckily no damage to either car or passengers, but its still nerve-wracking...and head pain is never a good thing. I'm not a doctor, but I'd recommend some excedrin to deal with it. Just don't develop a :twitch: from it. ;)

I actually would have voted to go ahead and give her Birka anyway ;)
Better to build up our Gunships without any war weariness from her...then we :hammer: her good :)

As for me, I'll be away again for a wedding from Thursday evening till Sunday night...so as long as Harbourboy gets his turnset done by Wednesday, I should be able to get mine in without needing a skip :)

Enjoy your trip Sam!

Not much to add. As we are at peace with Izzy for the next 10 turns we obviously cannot expect you to take her out. :joke:

That will be the task of Thrallia then.:lol:

I wish we could take Gandhi out......

IBT: Nothing

1901 AD : Mehmed is building the Space Elevator in Bursa. Remember the good old days when we had grand plans to build that ourselves? Gandhi lands 6 cavalry outside New Karakorum, which only has 2 units guarding it. I recalled that we had too many units in the old country, but now I can’t find any of them. This doesn’t look that good. Oh, there’s an Indian Caval;ry and cannon outside New Sarai as well. Managed to kill all but 3 cavalry, so expect some pillaging next turn.

IBT: Gandhi destroys a farm and pasture. Washington builds SS Thrusters.

1902 AD: Vienne: Gunship => Grocer. Kill remaining 3 Indian cavalry

1903 AD: Nothing

IBT: Gandhi is at it again, landing 5 cavalry and a cannon outside New Karakorum and 2 cavalry and a cannon outside Old Sarai.

1904 AD: Mehmed has a huge army and is building spaceship parts like there is no tomorrow. Manage to kill all but 1 cavalry and 2 cannons in old world. If Gandhi lands any more, we might be stretched a bit thin there.

IBT: Hannibal has completed 3 Gorges Dam and SS Life Support. Not long to go now. Gandhi tries to evacuate his unprotected cannons. That is smarter than AI combat can sometimes be.

1905 AD: Kill Gandhi’s cavalry and cannons.

1906 AD: Nothing

IBT: Another Indian cavalry turns up.

1907 AD: Kill Indian cavalry.

IBT: More Indian cavalry and cannons arrive near Old Sarai.

1908 AD: Vienne: Grocer => Artillery. Kill Indian invasion force (again). Hannibal has lots of stealth bombers. Gandhi has cavalry.

IBT: Hannibal completes SS Cockpit. 5-4-3-2… Gandhi lands MORE forces outside New Karakorum and steals a worker. Why doesn’t he make one big stack? He’d kill us for sure if he did that.

1909 AD: Industrialism => Radio. Aluminium discovered in new country but needs a mine. Killed Gandi’s forces again, but lost a precious artillery this time. Also killed one of his boats with our destroyer. How did we end up so much more advanced than India?

IBT: More Indians flood into country. Washington builds SS Thrusters.

1910: Ning-Hsia: Forbidden Palace => Barracks. Bibracte: Transport => Tank. Kill more Indians. Gunships are cool.

http://gotm.civfanatics.net/saves/civ4sgotm4/Geezers_SG004_AD1910_01.CivWarlordsSave

wow...Gandhi invaded every single turn of your turnset lol

I don't think there's anything to go over right now, so I'll see if I can get my turns done within the next 16 hours...only question I have is whether I should war Izzy once we are able again.

The spoiler I should post up here after my trip to my sister-in-law's wedding...Centrino laptop and 5 hour plane rides mean I'll have plenty of time to refine it and finish it. :)

Good luck. We still don't seem to have an army any larger than we had 10 turns ago (other than a couple of cavalry upgraded to gunships) so not sure what you would be warring with exactly.

Mehmed and Hannibal are so far ahead on everything, it's not funny.

Well, at least it will be over soon and we will fulfill the task losing a spacerace. :)

Unfortunately to the wrong one, though.

I hope it ends soon. I am quite curious to read how the other teams did.

We have tanks and Gunships now...Bombard Tanks can easily destroy Izzy's military, as long as she doesn't have tanks now also.

Top Bottom