SGOTM 04 - Geezers

@ Jenarie : good to hear your headaches are gone. I hope everything comes back to normality soon.

I got it.

glad to hear about your headaches Jenarie, its a shame the other guy lied about his insurance though.

Should we go recruiting for SGOTM5? Right now Harbourboy and I are the only ones signed up....Htadus, no clue if you're interested in a vanilla one...mark's not sure if he's gonna sign up(losing our captain? :(), Sam's somewhere near Croatia right now, and Jenarie has no vanilla disc right now.

We would either recruit people onto our team, in which case we'd still be Geezers, or we'd have to merge with another team, in which case some combo of the names would happen, or we'd decide to go out as free agents, in which case we'd be whatever name the team that grabbed us was

IBT : not much

1) 1931AD : move some units to heal

IBT : Izzy moves a decent stack towards Bagacum

2) 1932AD : draft some infantries where possible and reinforce Bagacum. Don't think we will hold it, but we will fight to the end

IBT : we barely hold Bagacum
Hannibal completes the engine

3) 1933AD : kill a few of Gandhi's units

IBT : Bagacum is lost

4) 1934AD : I make peace with Izzy giving her Flight.

IBT : we get an engineer in Bibactre

5) 1935AD : kill another Indian cav at New Sarai

IBT : Gandhi lands 6 cavs at Los Angeles ?????

6) 1936AD : another Indian cav dies at New Sarai

IBT : silly me, there is an oil ressource which pillaged

7) 1937AD : clean up the mess there

IBT : we have made peace with Mehmed ? How did this happen ? I was not asked. Ah, he is now a vassal of Hannibal.

Gandhi is more serious now. He lands 9 cavs at New Sarai

8) 1938AD : Gandhi suicides some cavs on New Sarai

IBT : some Indian pillaging around New Sarai

9) 1939AD : kill all remaining Indian cavs around New Sarai

IBT : nothing

10) 1940AD : nothing

This should end during the next turnset. Hannibal has just one component left of his spaceship.

Just signed up for SGOTM5. Cannot leave after losing one, can I ?

I am pretty sure Sam will sign up after he comes back from his vacation.

Htadus, what about you for SGOTM5 ?

:blush: ah, well...it didn't sound like anyone but me and Harbourboy were coming back, so I've accepted an offer to join Gypsy Kings for SGOTM5:blush:

Sorry mark and everyone! I love playing on this team with all of you, and I think its a great team...but I've given my word now to Gypsy Kings, for at leas this next game. So I'm afraid you'll have to find a replacement for me.:sad: So sorry, and I wish Geezers luck playing with the barbs!

Good luck with the Gypsys, Thrallia. Sorry to see you leave. Quick decision BTW (no offense meant).

Roster :

Sam
Htadus
Mark - just played
Jenarie - UP
Harbourboy - on deck
Thrallia

Good luck with the Gypsys, Thrallia. Sorry to see you leave. Quick decision BTW (no offense meant).

well, they told me they had invites out to 4 or 5 players, and that the first player to respond back would get the spot. Since I know and like 3 of their players, and since it had appeared for about 5 or 6 days that no one else would sign up, you weren't sure, Htadus hasn't said a thing one way or the other, and Jenarie doesn't have her disc, I figured I'd rather join them than get stuck in limbo.

I've felt bad about the decision since I found out that it wasn't just me and Harbourboy signing up, but I'm not quite sure what to do now.

@Thrallia : As I said it was not meant offending. I fully understand your point, but there were still more than two weeks to go, so it seemed a little panicked. I do not want you to break your promise with the Gypsys, so I fully respect your decision. I think speaking for everybody you will always be welcome back.

As we have Thrallia leaving and Jenarie not finding her vanilla disc. I could recruit Andronicus to play SGOTM5 with us. I have played several Civ3 SGOTMs with him and although he claims to be a noob I am pretty sure he will learn fast and overtakes us soon.:lol:
I have another invitation out and I am still waiting for Htadus to state whether he wants to play, so currently we have

Harbourboy
Andronicus
Sam (on vacation, but I am pretty sure he will sign up)
Mark

I have another invitation out

I think that might have been me... ;) and I've signed up. So, as long as the other incumbent Geezers are OK with it, count me in.

My work situation is starting to get back under control, so I should be able to monitor the conversation on a daily basis and take a regular turn.

Looking forward to the newest version of the Geezers, especially if Htadus and Jenarie sign up.

IBT: Bibracte grows into unhappiness "Hell no, we won't go!"

1) Turn 551 - 1941 AD

Mehmed offers Hit Musicals for corn so I take it to fix unhappiness.

2) Turn 552 - 1942 AD

Nothing exciting happens.

IBT: Hannibal has won a space victory!

3) Turn 553 - 1943 AD

I wonder how to save this for upload...

Wow... well, at least we aren't Dan Qualye... we have the distinction of being "Ethelred the Unready."

Spoiler :
Game: C-IV SGOTM 04
Your team: Geezers
Your name: Jenarie
Date submitted: 2007-07-01
Software Version: WL 2.08
Game date: 1943 AD
Player race: Viking
Firaxis score: 2595
Session time played (hh:mm:ss): 00:20:09
Total time played (hh:mm:ss): 101:49:43
Game status: Spaceship Loss to Carthage
Submitted save: Geezers AD-1943.CivWarlordsSave

I went poking around as soon as upload was done. Haven't checked very many yet but it looks like at least two teams managed to get Gandhi to launch.

Whoops! Sorry to see the ship got launched, but with the wrong flag on board :(

Top Bottom