Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
- Jan 9, 2003
BtS SGOTM 09 - Back to the Future
Welcome to your BtS SGOTM 9 Team Thread. Please use it for all internal team communication, turn logs and discussions. Subscribe to it to receive notifications, and do not visit the other team threads for this game until you have finished. Please also subscribe to the Maintenance Thread for this game, where teams and staff may post non-spoiler information of general interest.
This is the second Beyond the Sword SGOTM. Thanks, Gyathaar
You are Pericles of Greece. You have travelled back to 4000 BC, but you took with you a knowledge of several modern technologies. Your task is now to return to the modern era as fast as possible, and to reach for the stars.
This is a Quick speed, Monarch difficulty game on a Standard sized mystery map. There are no goody huts, no events and no city razing.
Pericles is Philosophical and Creative. The Phalanx is your unique unit, replacing the Axeman; and the Odeon unique building replaces the Colosseum. As well as your usual starting techs, Hunting and Fishing, you brought with you a comprehensive library of text books.
All victory conditions are enabled, but laurels will be awarded to teams with the quickest Space victories.
This game will be played in Civilization IV Beyond the Sword, version 3.17, using HoF Mod 3.17.001.
If a later BtS patch is released during this game you will NOT be able to use it to play. You will need to complete this game in version 3.17 before updating your copy of BtS, or create and update a separate copy.
As there is no Mac version of BtS, Mac players can only join in if they are able to run the Windows version on their system.
- The Team threads will open shortly.
- The start files will be published here on Friday, March 27.
- The latest Save for your team will be linked on the Progress and Results Page throughout the game.
- Please plan to complete the game within three months of the start date.
- NOTE: Barring unforeseen disasters there will be a four month final deadline.
I shall declare winners and losers from those teams that have finished on July 27, 2009.
Here's the starting position - click the image below to see a larger version.
- Playable Leader/Civ - Pericles of the Greek Empire.
- Characteristics - Philosophical and Creative, starts with Hunting and Fishing
- You and all the AI also know Fascism, Scientific Method, Physics, Medicine, Flight, Machinery, Replaceable Parts and Superconductors
- Unique Unit - Phalanx (Axeman)
- Unique Building - Odeon (Colosseum)
- Difficulty - Monarch
- Game Speed - Quick (330 turns)
- World size - Standard
- Rivals - Probably
- Landform - Mystery
- Environment - Not saying
- Other settings - No city razing, No goodie huts, No events
- Please visit the [URL="http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168439]Civ4 SGOTM reference thread[/URL] to check out the rules and procedures to ensure that you are adequately prepared for this game.
- Teams will compete for up to four awards - the Gold, Silver and Bronze Laurels for the teams with the fastest Spaceship victories, and the Wooden Spoons for the finishing team with the lowest final score.
- All saved game files uploaded to the server are parsed through software that extracts and archives data about your save, including reload count for each turn set.