SGOTM 09 - Misfits

I started up a game just to see what the settings were like.

We know all techs up to Edu, Nat, P/P, GP and Astro.

Religions I got 2 after a couple of turns so there will be some religious differences early on. Do we or don't we adopt an early religion? More thoughts about this when the thread opens.

Buildings. My first 2 cities had a gran, aqua, forge and where applicable a lighthouse. All subsequent cities had the same.

Also the possibilty to change civics straight away. More thoughts on this later in the new thread.

P.S I wouldn't say my last computer was old but I didn't realise the animals moved around. :)

Thanks for the info, Sleepless. :thumbsup:

I started up a game just to see what the settings were like.

We know all techs up to Edu, Nat, P/P, GP and Astro.

Liberalism still available? If so, should be quite a rush for that.

Interesting techs to start. Lots of choices to make.

Religions I got 2 after a couple of turns so there will be some religious differences early on. Do we or don't we adopt an early religion? More thoughts about this when the thread opens.

This will definitely be interesting, and may create significant differences among the teams. I believe the distribution is mostly random -- I am assuming you got one in each city? There will definitely be some religious diplo impact, and with aggressive AIs to start with.... More once the threads open, but warfare is highly likely.

Buildings. My first 2 cities had a gran, aqua, forge and where applicable a lighthouse. All subsequent cities had the same.

Interesting. No library, I note. :( Getting our research up to speed is going to be a high priority. We are certainly going to be "light" on buildings compared to an ancient era start.

Also the possibilty to change civics straight away. More thoughts on this later in the new thread.

Yes, something to consider. I will need to start a couple games with these settings and think about it. Also want to look at a few Big and Small maps to refresh my memory.

P.S I wouldn't say my last computer was old but I didn't realise the animals moved around. :)

Heh. :lol: I know the feeling. My machine is pretty old and strains mightily on big maps. Have to keep the graphics and bells-n-whistles settings low.

Looking forward to this one. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless
Interesting. No library, I note. Getting our research up to speed is going to be a high priority. We are certainly going to be "light" on buildings compared to an ancient era start.

Not much of anything and early game any teching is going to be interesting to say the least. :)

Top Bottom