SGOTM 11 - Gypsy Kings

ok moved warrior 1SW and it revealed...

It is a fresh water lake, so I think we definitely move the settler onto the plains hills

I agree!

ok moved warrior 1SW and it revealed...

It is a fresh water lake, so I think we definitely move the settler onto the plains hills
I'll vote for moving onto the hill and seeing what we can see.

I'd suggest we keep moving the Warrior to the west, either 1W + 1W or 1NW + 1SW; looks like either coastline or more fresh water lakes in that direction. Maybe we'll get lucky and find some tasty seafood. :yumyum: If so, those two grassland tiles we can see and the one 2W of the Warrior are just the right distance for City #2 without having BFC overlap.

As it looks now, I would probably settle on the hill. I would move the warrior NW first, and see if there was a GREAT reason to move the settler back in that direction, but I'm not totally sure what that would be(multiple riverside gems maybe!). Assuming no pile of gems, I would settle in place.

Make sure you select Agriculture THIS turn. I believe it is only 1 beaker....but it is 1 beaker.

We are definitely near the south pole...where are the furs?

I am not even that worried about overlap. I can totally see moving the capitol later. This location is surely going to be near the edge of the empire, not a great location from that stand point. It will be good for the beginning of the game, we chop out our early expansion, and then let it run some scientists working the corns and silver. The biggest thing we need to do IMO is REX like crazy in a northerly direction. That is surely the direction where we will find our friends and neighbors!

EDIT: And starting about T6...try to keep to the forests..we need this warrior to survive, He is more important than normal given the unique conditions.

Wouldn't moving the Warrior 1NW just put him back where he started? :confused: Which way is up? :blush:

Settling on the hill looks good. Silver, two corn, looks like 7 riverside grasslands tiles for chopping cottages, a riverside grasslands hill we could mine or Windmill later. Tundra hill and what looks like Ice just south of it are downers, but otherwise looks like good site for capitol. Silver mine with Bureaucratic Capitol will be nice!

moved the warrior NW as suggested, didn't reveal much.

I will still wait for others to give their options. The two tundra and 1 ice will hurt the eventual capital output, but the early extra hammer and immediate access to silver will really help us I think.

I see no reason to NOT settle the plains hill. So whenever there is enough consensus, start on the fast worker! Play to worker completion should be about T18-19 I think.

Only other thing to discuss is how to explore. I would try to go N across the open ground for the few turns when there are no animals and look for forests to dive into by T6-T7.

+1 for settling on PH, build worker, tech Agri, scout northwards in a clockwise circle.
Maybe stop after Agri to consult team on next tech?
Blue circle on silver might mean seafood on antarctic sea, but that's for another city. Don't mind a few tundra/ice tiles, we want to win the game before the time to work these tiles arrive. :)

Ok looks like the plain hill it is.

I will research and select agriculture immediately. And I will stop when agriculture is finished just in case revealed tiles suggest a better tech than bronze working.

I will carefully move the warrior starting about turn 7 (ending in forest/hill even if it wastes a turn or two) to scout a bit west then north and then looping around to the east.

I can't imagine what would be a better tech than BW... there is plenty of work for the worker around the start. And BW will directly speed up our expansion by letting us chop the forests into settlers.

Oh, also, screenshot of the city screen once you've settled it?

Edit: I'm an MM freak - I'm so curious to see what tiles the city has to play with :)

sorry aj, I didn't get a screen shot of the city immediately.

here are the revealed tiles, agriculture is finished

warrior has a scar or two from a fight with a lion, but he survived due to the defensive bonuses of the forest.

warrior is healed now, will begin to move east (he currently is 1 E of the stone)

met Ethopian empire

hinduism and buddhism both founded in distant lands

ZY/Ethiopian Empire; Favorite Civic = Theocracy.

I see nothing to the east of Delhi that would preclude researching Bronze Working next.

Should we mine the Silver before we build the second Corn Farm?

met a bear who then lost a lot of strength (killing an ethopian scout?). I decided to kill the bear to get the experience for a promotion. Unfortunately no more tiles scouted. I thought the promotion (mostly likely woodsman I) would be better in the long run for successful scouting.

Top Bottom