SGOTM 11 - Plastic Ducks

Oh come on! You know you want to play today, kossin ;)

Indeed, I do want to play today but I'm stuck at the train station with a trip ahead, groceries and might be attending a concert tonight.

Lastly, I have to install Civ on the laptop I've gotten this morning!

No sweat :)

Take your time .. I'm just a bit excited to see the end :)

@kossin:

Having a nice laptop on the road ensures no dull moments, so it's a good investment :)

Should have time to play in about 12 hours.

I need to study the plan a little bit (printed it down) and take some extra notes on it for timing issues.

I've played up to t228 (820AD) and uploaded.

Report is coming up but I am glad to inform you that:

the war is over
everything went according to plan
we are 10 turns from victory (still a few units to move to the fur and some galleons to move in 2 turns to ship the GPs).
Hindu is spread everywhere.

You should be pleased with the score :D

Excellent :goodjob:

Looks very good :)

Good job!
I think all the other teams will be thinking the Plastic Ducks are cheating when seeing the graph :)

With Economy and Communism on the horizon, it seems that we can send 6GP instead of 4 on the Fur :)

For the next play:
1) Ask Saladin to research Gunpowder, Meh to DR;
2) Maximise growth in every city except Madras and Delhi;
3) Verify all the victory conditions at the turn before UN vote (T236 iirc);
4) Ask all the AIs to revolt at the turn before UN vote, if possible (in order that they will still have a SR at T238);
5) Verify that we can liberate Meh's two cities at T236, give them back at T237;
6) Make 4GP to 6 :) (At the same time, make 4 warriors to 6 would be interesting)

@dingding

4 GP and Warrior -> 6 would be interesting, indeed. Should be doable. Looks like we're sure to get the Economics GM. If we're "just" sending 4 GP, it'd be more efficient to send the one from Dehli and let Madras off starvation.

We probably also have time to get out a few HMs and send them to the newly captured Meh cities if we don't feel like giving them back. Dehli can produce a couple, and/or we can whip a couple in former spain to get them there on time to at least try to keep the cities on turn of victory.

Rather than do better than the necessary coniditions, I think we should just stick to 4/4. I'm not even sure the Communism guy can make it in time but I'll try.

Saving Madras from starving is fine with me.

We can't easily spread Hinduism now because I just revolted (no OR) for 5 turns.

Anyway, I'll finish this tonight, there's barely annything left to do.

Doubt any AI is going out of a religion here but you never know I guess so I'll check to see what I can do for revolts.

Hehe.. 7/7. eh? Can Pata cough one up in time, you say? :)

Although, frankly... maybe we should just stick to making it quick and safe and running 4/4, knowing we could do 6/6 or even 7/7 if we had to ... Too much "fancy play" may not be a good thing either ;)

If you're 110% sure everything works out, go for whatever, if not, just make it quick'n easy, so we can end this thing sooner rather than later :)

I guess I'd rather have the Meh cities than 100/100, reallly. And yes, I know.. we have just revolted ... but in 5 turns, we're out. Delhi can cough up 1 or 2 HMs to go on our galley, and I'm sure Barcelona/Madrid (and possibly Cordoba) can cough up HMs in 5 turns .. now I haven't checked, but with propoer roading, we should be able to spread Hindu up there (with any luck on the actual spreading)

Make it as you wish, kossin. Important is to finish it tonight :)

I would prefer save 3 pops in Madras (and waste 1200GPP) and leave Delhi to produce the last GP required.

Better to keep Meh's cities, but it can't be sure. Try to keep at least one (The coastal one, spread Hindu by Galleon chain)

7/7... not sure what I was smoking!

I'll look in the possibility of sending HMs to Mehmed cities. Shouldn't be too hard with chopping/whipping. Worst case, I liberate the cities 1 turn before. [I haven't checked the pop/land of Mehmed for him to break free].

Let's stick to 4/4 on the Fur, no point exceeding that, Eldine might think us over-reaching.

I have played the remaining turns and uploaded. It hadn't recorded on the submission page when I wrote this but maybe it did later (I ticked the 'final save' box).

UN win, game ended t238 as expected, 930AD.

Short report.
Spoiler :

After 1 turn when UN was built... just enough votes.

Successful spread of Hinduism to both Mehmed cities.

A look on the welcoming party...

UN vote comes up... vote for Gandhi of course.

The expected results are:

And the result.

Interestingly, there was one more island to be found (couldn't with Airships).

Victory shot

One last peek at Eldine...

Good play, kossin! I think the save will be checked by the GOTM team and then be displayed.

Congratulations everyone! I prepare a Champagne for this victory! :goodjob:
We have a decent chance to win this SGOTM :king:

The only thing we failed is that we didn't discover the island in the north. I'd really like to what is in it :)
And finally the votes are quite close despite our efforts :) I can imagine the difficulty the other teams might have.

I'm also happy that I can check other teams' thread. :p I'll analyse this game this weekend.

Aye, good job everyone!
It was a pleasure to play with everyone of ya, hope we can see some time together again in another SGOTM - I learned quite a bit in this one!
[party]:band::dance::beer::salute::banana:

?:trophy:?

EDIT: I suppose we can look at other threads now but for myself I'll wait until the last entry shows up on the Progress Page [or a Mod tells that it's fine now ;)]

Very nice! Good job, kossin!

Congrats everyone, it was nice playing this game with you :)

I also learned a lot in this game, so it was definately a good experience!

Maybe we should've sent a scout into the ocean up north at some point, but there was really no need. Do you have a pic of the lost Island, kossin? :)

It'd be nice if someone posts here once it's clear we can peek at the other threads!

Congratulations on finishing. :goodjob:

Your final save doesn't show on the results page until the game is over. It's a deliberate attempt to hide your precise finish date from the opposition - check out the text at the top of that page.

You can visit the other threads now, but please don't post in any that are still playing - that's most of them!

Ok, thanks Alan!

@Bugg
No pictures of remaining island, sorry!
I guess we can always check it with a boat at some point later on when the results are in.

Top Bottom