SGOTM 14 - Plastic Ducks

Indeed, the settings of this game are rather surprising, and not particularly exciting on paper.
But again, we said the same thing before SGOTM 14 started, and I think it's fair to say that the map was pretty interesting in the end.

AP victory is usually disabled for good reasons, but knowing that, I'm sure neilmeister imagined something to spice things up a little. The mandatory religion will prevent AP cheese, that's one thing...

Who knows. I'm just not too enticed this time around, which is why I might take a backseat somewhere as I said. Let's see if we can get a team first.

3 consecutive military attempts have been too much in my taste, I'm more interested in this game.

I'm happy to take credit, but that would be all bcool. ;)

The original gpp spreadsheet was Mitchum's work. I changed it only slightly in sgotm12. It looks like Bebekija made one from scratch.

Of course I did update it and sketch out the gpp plan for sgotm12 that worked very well. :)

My impression was that bbp proposed the 5 GA plan, that sounded very hard in my mind at that time and it was truly impressive that you guys made it work. bcool's work on scheduling the spaceship build also gave me deep impression.

There are mainly 2 types of work mostly impressed me when I read through the thread.

1. The original thought of strategies.
2. The optimization of the plan to achieve the goal, which is where the teamwork is shining.

:hatsoff: Greetings Plastic Ducks.

This is my respectful application for a spot in your team if you are up to SGOTM 15.

I am Soundjata, an emperor / immortal player with quite an appetite for learning. Been lurking the forums for the last 6 months, posting little but reading lots.

I am a big fan of yours. Recruit me and I will make myself available in the hardest of times.:thanx:

Skills on Emperor/Immortal is the mostly needed in SGOTMs. The most suitable is the best!

I like how you introduced yourself, that's all I'd expect.:) Wish you will enjoy the game!

Well it's nice to hear you're into this game more than in the previous one.

Hopefully you will convince some of the past members of the Ducks to join again, cause right now I believe only you and soundjata are ready for action...:(

As for myself, the situation has not changed : it's not that I don't WANT to play this one, it's just that I can't.
Up until the end of February, I will hardly be at home, let alone be able to open the game. So I can't reasonably sign up as an active player.

If push comes to shove, and the Plastic Ducks can't form a team this time, you can always sign up as an unassigned player, then watch the PMs coming.....:D

^It's a four month game, you still have 2 and half months to come into action, and that's enough for an active player. :) I'm looking for new members though.

So be it then, I'll sign up as well.
I should be able to make myself available for the second part of the game, if you guys haven't finished already that is.... :mischief:

@soundjata

Since Duckweed has accepted your "application", I guess you should post in the sign-up thread to let AlanH know that you've found a team.

I was lurking :scan:. I've already put soundjata's name into the 'Ducks' roster now that it has gained critical mass.

:lol: If I joined, even the inside knowledge I have about the map could not compensate for my total ignorance of the techniques and strategies required for playing Civ4.

Been trying to get Alan to play for some time. As you can see, less than successfully. :mischief:

We really should keep working on him though. :)

Thank you guys :D
Will be looking forward to playing with you.

Greetings from Vietnam :)

Top Bottom