SGOTM 14 - Team Roadkill

I think we need to plan smaller steps here, basically we need more info so we need to scout now. The wheel is needed for pretty much everything so that we can tech, make next decision after that

So the proposal is to play another ten turns or so and getting out a settler and a scout?

Warrior 1 (1/15), City (5/22), Worker 1 moves to Cows, The Wheel (20/93)
Warrior 1 (2/15), City (10/22), Worker 1 moves to Cows, The Wheel (32/93)
Warrior 1 (3/15), City (15/22), Worker 1 - Cows Pasture (1/4), The Wheel (44/93)
Warrior 1 (4/15), City (20/22), Worker 1 - Cows Pasture (2/4), The Wheel (56/93)
Warrior 1 (5/15), City (25/22), Worker 1 - Cows Pasture (3/4), The Wheel (68/93)
Warrior 1 (9/15), City (9/24), Worker 1 - Cows Pasture (4/4), The Wheel (80/93)
Warrior 1 (13/15), City (15/24), Worker 1 moves to Corm, The Wheel (92/93)
Warrior 1 (17/15), City (21/24), Worker 1 - Corn Farm (1/5), The Wheel (104/93)
Worker 2 (33/60), City (21/24), Worker 1 - Corn Farm (2/5), 11:science: overflow

Gets us a warrior out earlier so we can complete scouting and hopefully find a good spawn busting spot :)

We need the info so probably the best plan now, if Toto hadn't of died I don't think this would be used but we need a warrior now so I think this is best way to go till we know more.

Sounds like a plan to me. Get the warrior to the stone spot then asap. I suggest even playing a few more turns to get the corn farm up and the warrior in place for the next discussion.

habitus is right-we should only make the decision that we need to make right now-Tech the Wheel, Build a unit.

I really like how both the Stone and Marble can be founded with Food and the quarries in the first ring! Very Tempting.

BTW my life is going to be hectic for me for a bit. I think I will be able to check in to the forum and comment but I may not be able to play for the next 2 weeks. Im moving to prosser to Intern at a winery for the harvest!

My Civ IV PC (which is the PC in the place I live), after over 10 years of activity, yesterday eventually died. I'll buy a new one (no worth it to fix that one), but not for right now.

No problems with checking the discussion thread, I can access internet from many places, but atm I can't play or provide too deep analysis in my posts.
Sorry about that.

Habitus concept to just discover wheel for now makes sense to me.
I believe it is the best option atm, we'll discuss all the rest later.

Cheers.

- yatta

So I guess Habitus can play the next turnset without problems then. Tech the wheel, scout stone area and improve tiles.

Good luck and have fun with the new comp Yatta.

BTW, do we need any mods installed for this game (BUG, buffy, etc)???

Pretty ill at moment, hopefully by weekend I'll be well enough to play abit

Get well soon Habitus.

Might get chance to play in next few hours, if not all play till we need to pick a new tech in the morning :)

I'm just confirming that I'm following the thread.
Sorry about the lack of participation in those days.
I'm not giving up on this, so please, you others go ahead and do the best!
I'm confident you'll chose for the best possible options.

I hope I'll have a PC in the place where I live asap.
Cheers all! :)

- yatta

Turn 27, 2920 BC: You have discovered The Wheel!
Turn 27, 2920 BC: You have trained a Warrior in Washington. Work has now begun on a Worker.
Turn 27, 2920 BC: Judaism has been founded in a distant land!

Now we need to decide on whats next, I prefer BW to get us chops + whip to speed up te development of cities.

I took a look at the Victory Screen and we have 1.44% of Land with 19 tiles. So the total number of land tiles is 1311 - 1319.

I named our Warrior 'Toto's Revenge' :)

I am with Habitus. BW first for chops. Lets hope Toto's revenge lives a bit longer to scout around. We also need to decide which city we want as the second one. I still prefer gem/deer/wheat city as it can be our settler pump while our capital goes for the mids and stone city can go for the oracle?

I'm fine with Habitus plan.

In a hurry atm, just wanted to drop two lines to say that I still following this! :)

Cheers all!

- yatta.

I guess build another unit, tech BW, road toward stone?

after that a settler and masonry?

Habitus, feeling better now? Can we get a screenshot from what is done right now? As in which tiles are improved and what is the worker doing? My proposal is:

1) Tech BW
2) Scout the stone area
3) Build settler - warrior -(worker?) - settler to get gemdeercity (first) and stone city (second) up.
4) Gemdeercity starts on a worker. Worker (capital) improves deer first to speed up production.
5) Worker then follows settler (roading) to stonecity and starts improving there. Workboat first followed by oracle?
6) Capital starts on mid after this.

At moment we are finishing building Worker 2 at Pop2

I'll play a short session tonight (or maybe in morning) teching BW (doubt all of it) so we can see the Stone area and then make a decision on first settle site. I'll post SS once I'm done too, if anything interesting happens i'll stop then.

Screenshots would be great to keep us in the loop. I'm getting a bit less hectic at work now, (yay!). Hopefully it'll stay this way.

Well It ended up being a really short Turnset

I sent the warrior to the stone area, finished the 2nd worker, started another warrior as it timed right with hitting pop4. We are 3 turns from finishing it and getting to pop for the settler.

Worker 1 is mining the plains hill while Worker 2 roads to the stone site.

About 2 turns in and i meet our first Team

I spent another few turns to see whats at the stone site and I'm thinking it may be the best site

So do we road to the plains hill and settle on there to grab the Rice, Gold, Seafood, + Stone?

*edit*

Remember Random Personalities are on so Ragnar may play like Gandhi while Asoka plays like Monty :)

Top Bottom