1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM 15 - Misfit Gypsy Nuts

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Sleepless

Sleepless Chieftain

Of course now we have settled on the bronze w can't build cheap warriors (in connected cities). I would favour in axe in Delhi (garrison for Bombay) before the Mids.

Still can't access the save atm so bit limited on the input.

2. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

@Oz...look at aj's post about Monument whip overflow and timing to try and get Theology from the Oracle build.

1 Axe for Bombay does seem reasonable, but could w build somewhere else? Maybe Vijay after it's monument?

3. Grifftavian

Grifftavian Chieftain

Now that we can build Axes & Spears, do we want to build a Barracks somewhere? If so, it may have to be Vijay if we're targeting Delhi for Pyramids and Bombay for The Oracle.

Vijay can't build an Axeman just yet, as it doesn't have access to the Copper. The road from Delhi to Vijay can be completed in one turn. That road would give Vijay access to the Copper, as well as Stone, Marble and Gold, and would give Delhi & Bombay access to Vijay's Gems. If the two Fast Workers near Delhi will be chopping trees into Delhi's Prymids build, then we could whip Vijay's Monument in two turns when Vijay grows to size two, and use that whip overflow to help finish Vijay's Fast Worker build, which is still in the build queue behind the Monument. That new FW could then complete the road.

I would also suggest that the Fast Worker who completes the road to Vijay be sent up to the City #4 site so that he can build City #4's Gold Mine ASAP to give us some more :commerce: for our research/treasury. After the new Gold Mine is completed, that FW could then build a road from City #4 back down to Vijay to connect City #4 to our trade network, and then build a Mine for Vijay, or the Pig Pasture if Vijay's borders have expanded.

@ Oz: you didn't mention City #4 in your PPP. I'll suggest initial build of Fast Worker for City #4, perhaps followed by a Monument if Hinduism hasn't spread there in order to get the border expansion and access to the Deer.

4. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I think aj talked about using the 2 workers at Delhi to pre-road to the city #4 site and then have them build the gold mine ASAP because commerce is the bottleneck to getting both Writing and Monotheism in time to get Theology from the Oracle.

This post details fairly well what needs to happen in order to meet our immediate goals.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11264579&postcount=434

5. adrianj

adrianj Chieftain

I agree with what Ron said ;). No sense fast chopping out the Oracle before we have all the prerequisite techs we want.
    An axe build in Delhi isn't a bad idea for a little peace of mind.

6. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

revised PPP: T57/1720 BC until completion of Monotheism maybe

RESEARCH
    finish Priesthood
    Monotheism

CITY BUILDS
    Delhi
    Finish settler
    Axe
    Pyramids???

Bombay
    monument (2t)
    switch to Oracle after Priesthood learnt

Vijay
    finish monument
    Fast Worker???

City #4
    Fast Worker

FAST WORKER ACTION PLAN
    ALL: Hook Vijay up to road network, mine gold in City #4, chop Pyramids

UNIT MOVES
    Injured warrior: Heal, only promote if needed (combat 1)
    Exploring warrior: Keep exploring

THE OTHER STUFF
    Change to OR when Mono researched
    Settle new city where injured warrior is

REASONS TO PAUSE
    Meeting a new AI Civ
    Pesky Barbarian encrochment
    Anything unusual happens

7. adrianj

adrianj Chieftain

Comments in Blue
    The rest all sounds good to me.

8. Grifftavian

Grifftavian Chieftain

Comments in Maroon.
    The rest all sound good to me.

9. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I would not 1 pop whip in Delhi or Bombay as both cities have good tiles to work. In Vijay it might make sense to 1 pop whip since the Gem mine is the only real solid tile at the moment.

As aj says, figure out the best way to get the city 4 gold mine started the turn the city is founded.

First build in City 4 use your judgement. I don't remember if it needs a border pop to access better tiles. If it does, then I would go Monument 1st or even granary(do we know pottery) and then 1 pop whip a monument at size 2.

The rest seems good!

10. Ozbenno

We don't know Pottery, which is a shame as there are some ripe cottage tiles out there. Should do this after Writing.

11. adrianj

adrianj Chieftain

City 4 needs border pop to claim the deer tile. Just to be clear - we want city #4 on the tile 1SW of the gold. Note that this is NOT the site shown by the dotmap, but is the tile that has "RIP Barb Archer".

Cottages are meh. We are Philo. But granaries sure are awesome so I'm sure Pottery is in our near future after Writing.

12. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Aj, can you please post a screen shot of the correct location for city 4?

13. adrianj

adrianj Chieftain

A small modification to Griff's screenshot from a few pages back.

Attached Files:

14. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

THX....any chance of having enough time to chop that forest before we settle on it? Is it worth the effort?

15. Sleepless

Sleepless Chieftain

Yep PPP sounds good to me. Should have access and spare time :) for the game from next week. Haven't even managed any GOTM's this/last month.. :(

Agree on most added points as well.

Adopt slavery and change gh to marble this turn.

Don't whip Bombay/Delhi but do Vijay at size 2 with overflow for the FW.

Important!!

How well are fogbusted up to the gold deer site. Just to make sure we don't lose our settler!!

Good Luck Ozbenno... :)

16. adrianj

adrianj Chieftain

The current position of the warrior is pretty good for fogbusting. I wouldn't move West, as that opens up the "Barb Archer T54" tile for barb spawn.

I don't think chopping the forest is worth it.

Good luck Oz!

17. Ozbenno

Can we chop outside our cultural borders? Even if we can, would be minimal return of hammers for the time spent.

Will be playing tomorrow night (about 36 hours from now) so still time for any further thoughts. I'll revolt to Slavery now and whip the monument in VJ at size 2.

18. Sleepless

Sleepless Chieftain

Can chop outside our cultural borders but as you say very few hammers and don't think we can afford the worker turns anyway. I will do it sometimes if it leads to settling a city one turn sooner or spare worker turns.

19. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

I do it all the time when I have spare worker turns, but usually not that far away as the yield decreases significantly. I just wasn't sure about timing on movement of the settler and workers and wanted to throw the idea out there.

20. Ozbenno

Forgot I had friends over last night so wasn't able to play, will be tonight now.