SGOTM 15 - Misfit Gypsy Nuts

How we doin Oz?

T57 (inherited turn) - I don't switch to slavery as it will cost us 1 gold and I don't want to whip anything YET, will leave this for a turn or two. Move Delhi assignments from plains hill to marble.

T58 - zzzzzz

T59 - Priesthood in, switch research to 0%, Mono selected, will take 7 turns I think. Delhi settler -> axe, Vijay grows to 2 and Bombay switches to Oracle. Can go slavery here and whip monument in VJ but it will take 3 turns to build organically and I want a worker next, so better to build worker in 3 turns with 2 tiles to work.

T60 - Get message that Tokogawa has no worst enemy, does this mean he isn't thinking of wiping us.

T61 - Pataliputra founded by us. Confucianism founded by someone else. Axe finished in Delhi, send to new city. Pyramids started.

T62/63/64 - Oracle will be later than Writing I think so started a chop for this. Have pre-chopped 2 forests (and signed) near Delhi, maybe wait for Maths to chop for Pyramids.

T65 - Mono comes in, go OR and slavery. Hinduism spreads in VJ. Research dialled down to 0 again. Writing selected, will take 5 or so turns. Oracle currently 7 but with one chop should work out OK.

LOG

Spoiler :
Turn 57, 1720 BC: Gandhi's Warrior 5 (Delhi) (2.00) vs Barbarian's Archer (1.53)
Turn 57, 1720 BC: Combat Odds: 82.6%
Turn 57, 1720 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 57, 1720 BC: Gandhi's Warrior 5 (Delhi) is hit for 24 (76/100HP)
Turn 57, 1720 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 16 (18/100HP)
Turn 57, 1720 BC: Gandhi's Warrior 5 (Delhi) is hit for 24 (52/100HP)
Turn 57, 1720 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 16 (2/100HP)
Turn 57, 1720 BC: Gandhi's Warrior 5 (Delhi) is hit for 24 (28/100HP)
Turn 57, 1720 BC: Gandhi's Warrior 5 (Delhi) is hit for 24 (4/100HP)
Turn 57, 1720 BC: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 16 (0/100HP)
Turn 57, 1720 BC: Gandhi's Warrior 5 (Delhi) has defeated Barbarian's Archer!

Turn 58, 1680 BC: You have discovered Priesthood!

Turn 61, 1560 BC: You have trained a Axeman in Delhi. Work has now begun on The Pyramids.
Turn 61, 1560 BC: You have constructed a Monument in Vijayanagara. Work has now begun on a Fast Worker.
Turn 61, 1560 BC: Confucianism has been founded in a distant land!

Turn 62, 1520 BC: Pataliputra has been founded.

Turn 63, 1480 BC: Delhi will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 63, 1480 BC: Bombay will grow to size 3 on the next turn.
Turn 63, 1480 BC: A Forest has grown near Delhi!

Turn 64, 1440 BC: Delhi has grown to size 5.
Turn 64, 1440 BC: Bombay has grown to size 3.
Turn 64, 1440 BC: You have discovered Monotheism!
Turn 64, 1440 BC: Hinduism has spread in Vijayanagara.

Turn 65, 1400 BC: Gandhi adopts Slavery!
Turn 65, 1400 BC: Gandhi adopts Organized Religion!

Well done Oz.

The roster order on 02/24

Conquistador63 = UP NOW
Ronnie1 = on deck
sleepless = in the hole
McArine = waiting
adrianj = waiting
Grifftavian = just played
mc-red = skipped no response
Ozbenno = just played
da_Vinci = AWOL...no posts for almost a month

:goodjob: Ozbenno

I assume with Confu being founded an AI has finally teched Med. With someone else founding Judaism hopefully gives a bit more religious discord around the world.

One big question?? Are we still aiming for a cultural victory? From that depends on what route we go from here. Aiming for Music/Philo or iw/construction?

Just another quick thought are vassals turned on?

NO Vassals

After looking at the save...

Still away from the game, should be back tomorrow. Is Bombay hindu? If not I'd build/whip a missionary in Delhi now and send it to Bombay to benefit from OR bonus.

I don't think it is Hindu yet, but I'm not sure it will make a difference at this point.

We are 3 turns to writing and 3 turns to the Oracle with a forest chop.

One big question?? Are we still aiming for a cultural victory? From that depends on what route we go from here. Aiming for Music/Philo or iw/construction?

Can we go cultural and leave Toko to his own devices. I still think we're going to have to take him down to win this. We need at least 9 cities hopefully for culture as well :mischief:

Is whipping Bombay's monument still in the plan? Don't forget to do this for a bunch of overflow and get the timing of it right.

I def think we'll need to war with Toku before we go full on culture. Our current plans have been as much about securing AP to prevent diplo loss as it has been about culture. We should think about where to build AP.

aj said:
We should think about where to build AP.
If we're sucessful in building The Oracle in Bombay, then there would be some synergy in building The AP there as well, since both give GProphet Points. We would need Bombay to have Hinduism before building the AP, so if it hasn't auot-spread there by the time Vijay's Fast Worker is completed, we may want/need to have Vijay build a Hindu Missionary.

I just took a closer look at the save.

Bombay can still whip the Monument and the overflow would have us finish the Oracle the following turn I believe(might have to juggle tile use a bit). Bombay is NOT Hindu yet.

We are 4 turns to Writing, 1 @ 0% Science and 3 @ 100%.

I think the new city needs to switch to Monument now so it can get to the Deer tile ASAP. I think we have enough workers that the one building there can wait the 8 turns for the monument to build.

Bombay does make sense for the AP, it will have 4 forests to chop if we wish, but it does need a missionary to get Hindu there. This will probably need to come from Delhi, as waiting for Vijay will be quite a delay.

Yep def need to get hindu into Bombay asap especially for the AP build. Plus it will be the Christian holy city (I think) so possibility of missionary failing to spread hinduism.

If we are aiming to go cultural would it be an idea to build a city in the North and give it to HammyToku for the +4 you liberated our city and hopefully get some open borders + a sort of friend?

I don't think we can build missionaries since we don't have Medi- and we won't have it before Oracle build. Just cross fingers it auto spreads.

We are in Organized Religion, so we can build missionaries! The question is do we interrupt the Pyramids in Delhi and build one now. It is a 3 turn build IIRC.

Hi all,

I definitely need to skip this round. We have a big piece of legislation in the State Assembly that my office is lead on that has kept us crazy busy this month. I think we will be done with that by end of first week of March when I hope to get caught back up.

dV

We are in Organized Religion, so we can build missionaries! The question is do we interrupt the Pyramids in Delhi and build one now. It is a 3 turn build IIRC.
Oh neat, I hadn't realised that. I thought OrgRel enabled missionaries without monasteries, but I didn't realise we didn't even need meditation.

Yes, I think interrupting the Pyramids build for a missionary is a good idea. Maybe it would be even better to take the opportunity for a two-pop whip to generate overflow? 40:hammers: missionaries are pretty good for this sort of thing. Question is if that is more or less efficient than keeping those two pop working tiles like mines/quarries. What size is Delhi? Note, if we do go the whipping route, perhaps working the floodplain is a better choice than gmine

Can we get some screenshots of the current state of affairs?

Screens coming....

Here they are,

Thanks Ron. Looking at Delhi, I don't think uber-cleverness with 2pop whipping the missionary will help us much. The city already has great tiles to work.

I agree that switching the worker build in Patal to a monument is a smart move. I presume Vijay will whip the worker next turn and then get started on barracks->axe builds?

Have the two Tokus met eachother yet? We need to make contact with another AI that each of them know in order to get an idea of their WHEOOHRN status.

Top Bottom