SGOTM 16 - Plastic Ducks

We're creeping closer to Domination limit...
Spoiler :

0.6261*1142 = 715 tiles

Cahokia pops the first ring this turn, this adds 6 tiles. There are also 9 tiles that might eventually flip to us... of these, 4 should probably flip next turn.

715+6+4 = 725
725/1142 = 63.485% getting close :)

I have a feeling we might be quite tight due to culture flips next turn, it's time to liberate the Rouen-Aryan-Avignon island I guess.

Meet Julius.
Spoiler :

I've given him some happy and health so hopefully he doesn't starve too much.

Good news! (no I haven't finished)

Babylon yields the preferred GM, the mission is worth 2,900 gold in Mecca!
Spoiler :

Humbaba is gone.
Spoiler :

I'll finish this turn's micro and hit enter then I have to run (sorry). I'll upload screenshots tomorrow unless the team would prefer I put the save. Everything is according to plan so far, I'll give some more room for starvation just in case the AI goes stupid on us.

Gotta run.

GM cashed in.
Spoiler :

This one's just for you, Duckweed :p
Spoiler :

Nippur still has to be liberated to Hammy, I'll starve a few more cities this turn just in case... there's about 15~20 that can grow as required.
Spoiler :

After liberating Nippur:
Spoiler :

All of our colonies were sent into extensive civic revolt so that I don't expect them to actually starve much or not at all. That being said, they provide 81 votes which gives us a big cushion. The only thing that can go wrong at this time is if QSH+Saladin decide to starve all of their cities (both are in Caste).

I'll re-test the culture bomb trick in BUFFY to make sure it works here as well, otherwise I'd have to gift Paris+Orleans next turn.

Research won't be a problem at all... we would have been able to finish 1 turn earlier with earlier testing but it's too late now. I'll go back into a religious civic next turn so that we get the extra discount on EPP missions on the last turn.

EDIT: no problems detected in BUFFY, works the same way as previously tested. Once SB is down to 1 city, he'll accept any city, regardless of culture pressure :lol:

You said you were 99% sure T233 was impossible. That means you lost again at great odds. :D

Impossible starting from our position on T214 yes, not from earlier.

Actually, I think we could probably shave even more turns if we beelined Medicine earlier instead of Steel. There's a point of diminishing returns on acquiring more cities, especially with vassals on another continent.

The Decathlon objectives are as follows:
  • Humbaba --an advanced era barbarian unit -- must be dead (Thanks Leif). He is a real monster just like in BOTM 41, but now lives in a fairly secluded place.
    Dead, T232.
  • You own at least 2 Legendary culture cities.
    Should be done on T235.
  • You are EITHER the United Nations Secretary General OR the Apostolic Palace Resident.
    Currently UN Secretary, since T228.
  • You have learned Future Tech 1.
    Planned for T235.
  • At least one AI opponent has been eliminated (conquered) by your team.
    Done: Brennus and Ramesses.
  • You own at least three Holy Shrines
    Done: Christianity, Buddhism, Confucianism.
  • You own at least three Corporate Headquarters
    We're 100% getting a Corporation GM from Orleans on T234, also 2 Artists are available for Creative Constructions.
  • You have stolen EITHER Iron Working, OR Astronomy, OR Physics using espionage.
    Done: Iron Working.
  • You fulfill the requirements for TWO victory conditions, at least one of which is NOT Conquest or Domination. (For example, your spaceship arrives on Alpha Centauri the same turn you get Domination, that’s two. If you achieve domination on the same turn as conquest victory, then you need one more victory condition to fulfil this condition. Understood? ).
    Diplo planned for T235, Domination pop achieved, a few cities will be settled T235 to cross domination land.
  • Blazing: You must submit a save covering at least your first 100 turns – or victory or defeat - not later than 2 months after game start. **
    Done: T102 submitted November 11th.

Updated.

The Palace will be moved to Lyons this turn (T233) so that Paris and Orleans can be gifted away.

Impossible starting from our position on T214 yes, not from earlier.

Actually, I think we could probably shave even more turns if we beelined Medicine earlier instead of Steel. There's a point of diminishing returns on acquiring more cities, especially with vassals on another continent.

Self research Guild and Banking?

OTOH, we can get Medicine 1 turn earlier if started right after getting Banking.

Our tech path in the entire game was perfect in my view, again our opening (until CS) was close to optimal.

BTW, PR finished.

Talk about weird odds... 3%. I'll found Cereals
Spoiler :

Everything should be fine by next turn...
Spoiler :

BTW, we have enough research overflow to complete Future Tech :lol:

just saw that AlanH posted in their thread. Their culture graph indicated a close ending. So does US, they should be close to finishing as well. US has done pretty good in this game.

Lol, excellent work. :)
So Sunday will be Kaku thread reading day. :)

I am pretty confident we got ourselves a gold and that Kaku went for peaceful victory combo. AP+Culture.

Did SGOTM favor non-militaristic victory ever? Except last game but Kaku somehow blew it away.

Lol, excellent work. :)
So Sunday will be Kaku thread reading day. :)

I am pretty confident we got ourselves a gold and that Kaku went for peaceful victory combo. AP+Culture.

Did SGOTM favor non-militaristic victory ever? Except last game but Kaku somehow blew it away.

Kaku have several players accustomed to HoF-style games, I'll be the first surprised if that's the path they chose. My guess is a small but strong empire to research up fast (especially if they spent hammers on Pyramids... They did have more culture early on from infra...) to Sushi and Mining. Although their culture graph doesn't indicate a super-early Sushi... The key is not how early you can get techs 1/turn but to maximize early beakers, late beakers will always grow.

Vassaling a few civs on other continent is probably easy to do late game for Domination (look at late score and power peak). Anyway, we'll know soon enough, within 12 hours I should finally be able to complete the game.

Top Bottom