SGOTM 16 - Plastic Ducks

For future reference:
Firaxis>Civ4>BTS>Assets>XML>CIV4VoteInfo.xml

Code:
<VoteInfo>
			<Type>VOTE_VICTORY</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_VOTE_VICTORY</Description>
			<iPopulationThreshold>[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]62[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]</iPopulationThreshold>
			<bCityVoting>0</bCityVoting>
			<bCivVoting>0</bCivVoting>
			<iMinVoters>3</iMinVoters>
			<iStateReligionVotePercent>0</iStateReligionVotePercent>
			<iTradeRoutes>0</iTradeRoutes>
			<bSecretaryGeneral>0</bSecretaryGeneral>
			<bVictory>1</bVictory>
			<bFreeTrade>0</bFreeTrade>
			<bNoNukes>0</bNoNukes>
			<bDefensivePact>0</bDefensivePact>
			<bOpenBorders>0</bOpenBorders>
			<bForcePeace>0</bForcePeace>
			<bForceNoTrade>0</bForceNoTrade>
			<bForceWar>0</bForceWar>
			<bAssignCity>0</bAssignCity>
			<ForceCivics/>
			<DiploVotes>
				<DiploVote>
					<DiploVoteType>DIPLOVOTE_UN</DiploVoteType>
					<bValid>1</bValid>
				</DiploVote>
			</DiploVotes>
		</VoteInfo>

As much as TMIT has done a lot to promote Civ4, a lot of his information is from experience rather than from the source directly, so he's bound to be wrong a few times here and there ;)

EDIT:
This means your own civilization cannot have any more than 61.99....% of the votes or the vote is void. You must get at least 1 exterior vote to put you over the threshold...
This exterior vote may come from:
-befriended AIs at +8 or more (note: once you've selected the vote option, you can do whatever you want about diplo, even DoW and they'll still vote for you)
-vassals
-colonies

Overall you need 62% of the vote to win UN?

So it is saying you must be under 62% to win for vote to take place? There must be 3 civ alive? So setting up colonies would solve this.

I am guessing that 62% does not include your vassels? I am guessing there is more code too?

Okay looks like I understand it now.
How do you read the xtml code? note pad?

I used Notepad++ (freeware), which is much more readable visually than regular Notepad.

Yes to all other questions. The code is a bit everywhere, but the threshold limit is over in that file.

Oh you can just click on the xtml and it loads. Found the UN vote tucked away. That would of saved us a lot of time and effort.

Is there a reason why some vassels won't vote for you?

I note the force war option also has min 3 voters too. Which might explain some interesting results on the previous game with the team bug.

Well, Maple Sporks stole it turn 107, 200 BC. Hence the logical conclusion must be that the sooner you stole IW, the later you finished the game. :mischief:

I don't think so... a few people (including myself) had a few thoughts about stealing Physics but it just didn't make much sense in the end.

Delaying Iron Working wasn't so bad given the amount of island cities to settle, however it would have been useful for early Astro bulb or to acquire :)resources.

Congratulations on a game well played, Plastic Ducks! You had a horrible starting location and still pulled off an easy victory!

Now that I've seen the culture espionage trick you used, I'm wondering why didn't you just go for Domination + Cultural?

Basic answer: we didn't set up a 3rd culture city.

Long answer: for a while the espionage-culture option was discarded as we thought Sushi would be strong enough to pull it off with a few GArtists and some cathedrals... it was "fully incorporated" in the plan 21 turns from the end, at which point bringing in a 3rd city to 50,000 culture was too difficult. (in terms of :espionage: and the amount of spies required more than anything else).

Mass Media really only added 1 turn to the victory date so it's not that atrocious; however pulling off a culture victory would have been a tour-de-force using espionage, which is a bit of a shame in the end. Live and learn!

~~~

The PH start was really powerful, especially using early Alphabet to backfill. You had us all guessing wildly what you were doing :scan:

Congratulations on an another gold medal.

I guess you had fastest sushi. The culture graph was suggesting it, so it looked you were ahead of all teams at that time.

now off to lurk the thread a bit.

cheers

We founded Sushi on T198 - 1380AD; only 1 turn ahead of Kakumeika.

The big difference is our chosen location: you picked Orleans (which has low production) and we picked Bibracte (which already had the Ironworks)... this really sped up the spreading.

We founded Sushi on T198 - 1380AD; only 1 turn ahead of Kakumeika.

The big difference is our chosen location: you picked Orleans (which has low production) and we picked Bibracte (which already had the Ironworks)... this really sped up the spreading.

We we a bit timid with spreading. Did you whip execs at 0 hammers? did you whip at all?

No 0-hammer whips. Some 1-pop (mostly, this usually yielded 2 execs in 3 turns or 3 in 4 depending on base hammers) and 2-pop whips (small city with a lot of food).

Congrats on the gold guys. Truly deserved.

Great game Plastics Ducks!

I especially like your Espionage fueled push to achieve Legendary Culture in two cities in the last possible turn. I'm kicking myself for not even considering this use of the Spread Culture mission.

Sun Tzu Wu

Congrats on an impressive game and the golden laurel :goodjob:

Looking forward to reading the thread and comparing it with our game (TSR)

Top Bottom