SGOTM 18 - Xteam

I wonder if it is worth some worker turns to clear some of the jungle off of tiles near our choke point? Maybe not, guess it depends if we expect future visits from Evil. If we do attack GK, we will need to be prepared for his stacks returning from the west.
Excellent point. :eek:

Just poked around the save and had some questions:
- What do you think the chances are of a follow-up stack from Evil heading for us?
- How does this affect our goal to go after GK? Timing?
- Can we hold with what we have in place?
- Is it smart to create another stack to head up the railway to attack Karakorum from the east? It splits out forces?
- What is our eventual goal with GK, leave him one city or dustbin of history?
- What should the composition of a stack going up the railway look like for Karakorum?

It is difficulty to see what worker turns we need because the yields and citizen status is not evident due to the anarchy. Suggestion for work needing to be done are welcome.

It is difficulty to see what worker turns we need because the yields and citizen status is not evident due to the anarchy. Suggestion for work needing to be done are welcome.

I suggest you hit enter and upload again. :)

Excellent point. :eek:

- What do you think the chances are of a follow-up stack from Evil heading for us? He had a solo HA who was killed.
- How does this affect our goal to go after GK? Timing? I think we should go after GK right after all are healed and with other units we are building.

Skip Old Sarai, go get our NE city first and then his capital. Send a 2 spears and an axe and maybe a chariot along the RR. There is nothing there but will mess with GK's AI logic: 2 fronts.

But all this should be dependent on what the chariot and axe find near Lisbon.

- Can we hold with what we have in place? We can have new units replacing and act accordingly based on what the forward scouts tell us.
- Is it smart to create another stack to head up the railway to attack Karakorum from the east? It splits out forces? Not a stack, just a diversion.
- What is our eventual goal with GK, leave him one city or dustbin of history?Leave him with 1 city. I think we should keep the possibility of a UN Victory.
- What should the composition of a stack going up the railway look like for Karakorum?
Oops, I jumped the gun. Just a blocking force.

I would chop the riverside jungle 2NW of Pig city. This should be our ambush point. No other road should be built in that area during this war.

- What do you think the chances are of a follow-up stack from Evil heading for us?

The AI often has a trailing stack. Not to say Dr Evil definitely has this time, but I've seen it quite often. There might be another stack. Also, in attacking GK, his units to the west might come back. We absolutely need some recon in the west to give us a few turns warning of danger coming from the west. If nothing comes it's only one unit not in battle wandering around to the west to give us peace of mind.

- How does this affect our goal to go after GK? Timing?

The clock is ticking. We need to get hammering some people, and real soon. No pussyfooting around now. We're in a hurry.

- What is our eventual goal with GK, leave him one city or dustbin of history?

I agree with Htadus. Leaving him with one city keeps more options open.

I'll have a look at the save later today and make any other comments that occur to me.

Looked at save and noted that, despite being at war with Goldmember, GK will now declare on everyone but Joao, including Evil, which we can get him to do for Alpha and Aesthetics. We ought to consider offering that bribe.

After one turn, suggest we move a citizen off the Fish City copper and onto the fish to grow city (and put the new citizen on the copper).

Hi guys, sorry for my lack of input, but I'm having some serious hardware malfunctions. I hope to get everything fixed by the end of this week.

Looked at save and noted that, despite being at war with Goldmember, GK will now declare on everyone but Joao, including Evil, which we can get him to do for Alpha and Aesthetics. We ought to consider offering that bribe.

Yes - you're right. Goldmember's status as a minor civ ("kinda like barbarians") seems to mean that being at war with him doesn't count as "too much on our hands". GK can indeed be bribed. Doing so would probably stop his stack turning around and coming at us when we declare (as long as we let it engage with Dr E) and more importantly it might reduce the new traffic coming at us from Dr E himself for a little while. If we only have to fend off the occasional units from Dr E for a while that is not going to be stressful, and it's not going to slow down our crunching of GK much either.

Conversely, the fact that Joao DOES have too much on his hands means he is lining up someone OTHER than Goldmember. Maybe us, maybe Gandhi? He's been that way since the middle of my turn set.

Either way, to war, to war, to war!! :ar15:

Like bribing and backstabbing GK! :woohoo:

Bribe him now and then let some of his units go west before attacking. Get Htadus' deception force up and running and go after GK soon thereafter. :thumbsup:

Hi guys, sorry for my lack of input, but I'm having some serious hardware malfunctions. I hope to get everything fixed by the end of this week.
Hope it isn't too painful. I've got one that is goofing up too, guess it is time to build a new one. :mischief:

Don't tell my wife... :hide:

I am not too keen on Bribing GK to go after Evil. He is going to go Unit build mode even more. Right now he is still in expansion mode and lets just get him during this phase.

One we take his 3-4 mature cities his production is shot. I am all for him going after Joao but Evil is another story.

He can't be bribed into going after Joao.

If we don't bribe GK now, we risk Evil doing so. Again I ask: Will we be able to make peace with Evil after 10 turns of war? (Not sure how this works in BtS.) If not, we could have real problems if Evil does bribe. If so, then perhaps we do take a chance and bribe GK just as we are ready to declare on him and just before we make peace with Evil.

If we don't bribe GK now, we risk Evil doing so. Again I ask: Will we be able to make peace with Evil after 10 turns of war? (Not sure how this works in BtS.) If not, we could have real problems if Evil does bribe. If so, then perhaps we do take a chance and bribe GK just as we are ready to declare on him and just before we make peace with Evil.

Usually after loosing his second stack, most AI agree to peace.

As for GK, when do you guys think we need to go attack GK?

I think in about 8-9 turns maximum and 4-5 minimum. Why would we want to give a heads up to start building units right now?

What is the advantage of paying GK to DoW Evil just before we DoW GK? Does that make it easy to get peace with Evil? If that is the case, then lets do it now. Other than that, lets not.

The advantage is that both GK and Evil would have to fight each other in addition to us, and, if we can get peace with Evil, then we will only have to fight GK. Hadn't thought about it making it easier to get peace with Evil, but perhaps that is true too.

You have already explained the reason not to do it now -- GK would start maxing units immediately.

Been reading but haven't written much, especially now as I am confused on the best course regarding DoW on GK. I thought that if he declared, he would move his attack units towards Evil and then we could back stab from behind, perhaps force peace from Evil? No?

Also, yesterday was our 25th wedding anniversary, so I was a bit busy. :mischief:
Will try to refocus today and get this moving. :please:

Rough outline of PPP:

Beshbalik is on a hill, how many Cats should I bring along?

Cities:
Washington - change to a Spear for the force going up the railway, then Cat.
Fish City - complete the Axe and build a Spear, both for the RR force, then Axe.
Pig City – complete Sword, then Cat.
Boston (Iron City) – complete Sword, then Cat.
New York (Fur City) – complete Sword, then Axe.

Workers:
Worker1 (near NY) – completes mine and then moves to chop forest hill directly north of NY.
Worker2 (near Boston) – move to grass hill and mine it.
Worker3 (near Pig City) – complete farm and then move to forest hill and chop it, then mine it.
Worker4 (east of mountains) – head up the railroad and road to complete line near GK territory.
Worker5 – stop the cottage and move to jungle tile3xNE of Pig City and chop it down, then forested grass hill NNE of Pig City, chop and mine.

Units – a lot of healing needed. We need a medic, but no one can promote to that.
Move wounded units to Boston tiles for healing and prepare them to attack GK.
Fill in with units from our core in case of follow-up from Evil.

Tech – change research to HBR for Horse Archers, then back to Paper.

Trades – none currently available, except to bribe GK into war. Open issue is whether to do that and when.

Congratulations to you and your wife, leif.

I think we can get HBR from GK fairly soon and We are not missing it right now. Lets learn Paper and Education (Bulb) and if Liberalism is available bulb most of that with a GS.

Consider whipping Fish, Pig, NY often. Every other unit. So about every 5 turns. Cats and swords mainly.

As far as I'm concerned our main objective for a while is kicking butts, hard and often, and this plan looks like it's going in the right direction. :mischief:

I think we have a fair chance of getting to liberalism first if we prioritize it. With enough scientist bulbs I think we can do it.

Congratulations on the 25 years leif. Well done. May they be the first 25 of many more! :goodjob:

Not in a position to look at the save, but the plan looks good from what I see. In general, I agree with Htadus... emphasis on cats and swords.

Top Bottom