SGOTM 19 - Phoenix Rising

We can only resettle right on the ruins themselves I believe to build WB.

Not sure on ceasefire, but maybe it will help save some units. We can't attack Basra for another turn anyway I think.

I think we have apprx. 20-22 turns to Medicine, depending on the Golden Age results, maybe less. I assume we will switch to US at some point during or at the end of the GA. We can, ofc, turn off science after Med. Other than GA, I don't expect our research rate to get much higher.

Ceasefire looks good to me. We need healing.

I doubt Eowyn and Sun will land on the same tile as the big stack when we ceasefire. Leave Sun with Eowyn and move Super Doc to other stack? The guys in Dam should heal even without medic help.

Do we leave the settler and worker so that he can move someone out to protect them?

Worker south of Geronimo should be taken. We could even leave him where he is to fogbust so that barbs don't settle there. If barbs settle soon enough for the city to grow to size 2, then it is of course nice for us, but I think it's just as likely that they settle a city that we have to raze.

Soon we need to start planning our attack on KK. I assume we will want to continue the war against him as soon as Alex has been made our faithful worker. He's a bit more tricky as we have so much more border and he can counterattack in several spots... We can quickly strip him of iron and ivory, which will make it all a lot easier.

I'm a little worried that when units pop out N of Medina they would not be able to reach an attack position next turn. However, we may have enough units in the south to take Medina.

Doc can move S to tundra hill to heal those units.

I think we ignore worker there for now as that would take moving a healed units that would not be able to move in position on Medina next turn. Worker does have anywhere to go so we can take him. Plus, we will get a couple of workers in and around Medina.

I think most units around Bul and Edirne should just stay there. We should take Astrurias asap while just Knights now.

The good thing is that some N of Medina units can reach attack position on Basra next turn. I don't think we even need Athos up there. Just position some units near Asturias to attack that asap

We will probably need to keep Madrid or some city there to build galleys. Unfortunately we have to wait for revolt. It might be a good idea to resettle Barcelona and use forest to chop a galley. Madrid might have some value with it' s wonders, but revolt might make that not so important

We have to keep either or resettle either Madrid or Barc

We could keep Zaragoza for Galleys also. We get it sooner than either Barca or Madrid, it's faster out of revolt, it would have quite a few forests and it is closer to Secret HQ for lower maintenance. We will need to keep or resettle Barca or Madrid for the clams though. But keeping Madrid for only those would not be that bad. The wonders should compensate it's cost, at least part of it. And it won't cost us anything while in revolt, for a very long time...

Possibly, depends on timing of the war and how fast we want galleys. Resettle may be quicker if we go with Zara spot. But we need to keep/resettle Madrid/Barc anyway

Would you be okay with a pause today?

That is fine ;)

I'm watching the Masters anyway, and then GOT

We could use a good nights sleep as well

Sundays are almost always bad for me. Usually family day and work around the house day.

Sweet Dreams ;)

17 turns to Medicine might actually be an overestimate. What I'm thinking (assuming no unlucky GSpy from Nople) is:

We are about 5 turns away from finishing Communism.
Bio+Medicine is about 13,000 beakers; subtract the 20% pre-req bonus and its more like 10,500. We could probably average 1050 BPT in the GA easily, maybe 100-200 more. This assumes we could maintain 100% slider, but State Property and capture gold probably take care of that.

For civics I would think trigger the GA and switch to SP as soon as we get Comm, and switch to US+Slavery+FM at either the last turn of the GA or the completion of Medicine, which ever comes first. Or maybe US would be 6-7 turns before the GA ends, since we could only rush-buy one galley per turn? It depends on what the hidden barb city looks like in terms of defenses and nearby Sushi resources.

We could be looking at 13-15 turns of research maybe at best? Then 7-10 turns to spread Corps. Right now the biggest thing slowing us down is probably the war.
We have
14 Kk cities,
7 HC,
1 toku
2 Alex cities left to grab.
Plus at least 2 barb cities.

kk and Toku can be removed in 1-2 turns. We might need to use OB with HC to reach some of KK cities quicker. Overall 21 cities in 22 turns is a big ask. Some of Kk cities are weakly defended. No silly formation pikes either and one Iron resource to easily pillage. I just hope KK in caste makes that war quicker.

Plus we don't know what resources we may need for the barb city? If that has rifles we could need 10-12 cuirs. If it is just LB's it could be easier. My testing suggested a rifle at least. Of course it could be baited out of the city if below size 6? Plus the other barb cities left or that pop up.

Of course the best teams will finish war and resources on or around the same turn.

I kind of thought we would take Sunday off. I was in bed for 10pm last night. I have an interview today. Fingers crossed.

I think razing and re-settling Madrid (if too long revolt) for both sea resources there would be much better than keeping Zaragoza or so. We then only need a galley, should be easy in US and slavery.

Ceasefire seems good cos we have more units coming south, should easily be enuf for Medina.
Our biggest advantage here would be that our units north get thrown out of his borders, and they could now move much quicker to a better spot for healing and getting ready for Kublai.

I'm liking the ceasefire a lot now. Makes sense really to fight with healthier units. We still need a turn or 3 to get Curs in position for KK anyway, so no hurry on Alex

I suspect we will be toasted on GPs after the Nople one, but it'd be nice to get a Great Artist later to use to pacify Madrid. However, in that time frame a GM or GS would probably be more valuable. So raze resettle Madrid or thereabouts would be best. Hate to raze some decent wonders, but it is all about the timings now.

We can see how it goes though with the timing of the revolt. The initial thing is the galley to take Valencia, but that city is no threat/problem. We could just leave it there and take it a bit later as we fight HC.

Oh..not sure how many turns I've play this past week, but it was about 2 a day with some missed days - so 8 to 10 turns. Pretty long turns now - at least while at war.

I could pass on for now if anyone wants to put some turns in. Not saying I can't play but rather opening up for someone else to play if they are willing.

We actually need to be really careful in regards to keeping/razing cities with important sushi resources. At some point we, probably very soon, will not be able to get these cities out of revolt in time to get the seafood online and corp spread, so we may need to raze and resettle all of them. Madrid is a great example because revolt time there would be extremely long.

I think razing and re-settling Madrid (if too long revolt) for both sea resources there would be much better than keeping Zaragoza or so.
What do you mean about both sea resources? I only see clams near Madrid. Razing Madrid is probably the right call, but it depends on how soon we capture it. SH+Colossus are both pretty good for us though assuming we don't tech Astro. Zaragoza is too far to send an exec to Madrid in 1 turn, so keeping it would only make sense to me if we re-settle Madrid farther north.

Ceasefire is a good idea, I agree. Also Thess should replace a scientist with a farm for now so it won't starve.

I think we are 15-17 turns from Medicine, but more likely closer to 17. We are at 840 BPT, which is higher than I remembered, and we are about to get Corp which helps, but maintaining 100% research may not be so easy even with SP.

2 resources if we count the fish from his island city, aka ex-madrid for clams + galley and city used for 2 res. so :)

Wonders..only SH does something good for us imo, glh already obsolete and we are not really using sea tiles for Colossus. We could use some i guess, but minimal gain.

Don't forget we want to try and take Valencia in a peace deal after we take most/all of the northern cities and leave KK goth. We could take out HC during the peace treaty and save Goth as the last city on the map that's not ours. The culture from valencia may get the clams so we don't have to raze Madrid. But probably not as it will take a few turns even with culture+running artists to get the 2nd border pop.

Top Bottom