SGOTM 19 - Phoenix Rising

Don't forget we want to try and take Valencia in a peace deal after we take most/all of the northern cities and leave KK goth. We could take out HC during the peace treaty and save Goth as the last city on the map that's not ours. The culture from valencia may get the clams so we don't have to raze Madrid. But probably not as it will take a few turns even with culture+running artists to get the 2nd border pop.

With time frame left that is a big ask. 3 turns to war? 8-9 turns war? 10 turns peace? Sounds risky now? Might be easier to buy a galley and take city the old fashioned way.

8-9 turn war seems right, but I think we could do better. Remember we are going to attack from the south and the east. And his cities only have 2-3 units in them. If he's in CS, he's going to fall quick. If he falls as fast as nappy, with two stacks it could be as short as 5-6 turns. But he does have 13 cities. However, I think during the 10 turn peace treaty, we can take out HC during that time frame as well as spread the corp to the majority, if not all of the cities. We might have to wait a turn, maybe not. Maybe we could even split the southern stack and have 3 stacks. KK won't have his Fe for long, so we won't face too many pikes.

If we want to buy a galley we have to have a city on that lake. By then most of the northern cities would probably be gone.

It's a conversation for many turns time. Timing will be everything. It will be a close call.

See if the opportunity offers itself. 10 turns peace of a 25-30 or so left is a long time.

We'll have to see. Target date to finish could be T180 or sooner. T174 was my original hope.

looks like Lymo can continue some more i guess, nobody else wanted to play?

I just chalk it up to no one reads my posts, especially Gumbo :lol:

give me a coupla minutes - have to switch machines;)

back and ready to attack

Okay so we agree on ceasefire?
Only some moves before, imo..

destroying copper to avoid mace upgrade (but leaving road cos we can use that for HC routes soon)

capturing worker with Lalli or Jorah (can still be ready for Medina)

Treb with Owain?

Leaving worker and settler i think so he maybe moves an unit out?

Sounds good. I will do those things before Ceasefire. Anything else before ceasefire?

uploaded

I think definitely move Doc out to the stack on the plains hill (Gawain & Co.) for healing

Or Suntzu, depending on if Doc moves out of city for other healing somewhere.

For south we then have plains hill stack, geronimo, sleepy, blackfish..do we need more?

Some of the healthy guys could plunder road cottages and Spices while waiting too.

Stack in South heals fully this turn? Not sure Doc is need there

Tzu can heal Eowyn and Doc the big stack

Athos and Blackfish might as well head toward Medina to ensure we have the numbers. They can pillage on the way there. Sleepy and Lalli can pillage cottage and spice

Ah..didn't catch how bad off LR was. Maybe Doc should go there and Tzu move to big stack. Eowyn won't heal much but with big stack healed we should be more than fine for Basra next turn

Sounds good, do those moves i guess with plundering and getting guys ready and healed for Alex city :)
Cottage where Suntzu stands (and 1N) can be plundered too, do we keep the village for Dam?

Couple of really injured guys in big stack - Strider and Donald. Should we promote to C4 now?

Unless we want some knight (and jumbo) killers for Kublai, we are already promoting for him.
Since we only have 1 formation guy so far, might make sense getting 2 more?

Or we could use new ones for that.

Top Bottom