SGOTM 19 - Phoenix Rising

Nople can't whip twice. It would need to be S12 because it has no forge.

I really need everyone to familiarize themselves with these mechanics before it leads to a mistake.

Nople is currently running 6 scientists. It has a lot of food around it, so it should be able to grow fairly quickly when we switch out of CS. And it only needs size 11 because if it grows to another size the following turn its going to be size 8 when its whipped again. If Nople needs too, it can steal the corn as well for faster growth. I know the 3 with forge/4 without it rule, but we can factor in growth into the 2nd whip. There's some loop holes in that rule.

With that in mind, Nople can grow and only run 3 scientists without slowing Medicine down. 3 turns growth, so it will be at the size in which it can be whipped twice.

We should be able to get several out there with only that and whips, no rush buy.

that we be good. Rush buy saved mainly for cities that we absolutely need to produce an exec out of to chain but can't otherwise do so in 1 turn. We may simply not need as much gold as we think, despite the hits on our economy. Ofc, we always need it to spread.

However, in the first few turns of Corp spread is where we can really start amassing lots of gold that should hopefully suffice for what we need (and WB rush buys)

I don't think we need to whip an Exec more than once in Nople.

Medicine in 5 should never be in danger, it's more a question how much gold we can hoard cos we can always add some research building. Not many cities are doing that currently, i think only 2.

I tested it and edited my post. Nople only needs 3 scientists for Medicine in 5, so it can start to grow to size 12.

I don't think we need to whip an Exec more than once in Nople.

Well, it is over 6 tiles from Dye to thess, so the exe could continue to Nople instead of Thess and spread it when could have spread it to thess. Then Nople could feed Cow the next turn, and then Thess after that. I think that would be more efficient than Thess feeding Nople.

Thess could feed golden fleece instead, leaving BBQ to feed Gyro.

I dunno, Nople needs 57F just to hit S11 so we would need to drop several specs there to do it. Cow would be a lot easier i think unless we need both of those cities to build two.

Well I'm only convinced of one thing, this needs a lot more planning.

@pack true..however, we are gonna lose a turn one way or another on this chain..maybe 2 out West, so if we lose 1 turn moving somewhere in the East not so bad as long as it all evens out to the short possible time given our configuration of cities. Important thing is that we can produce all available Execs each turn based on the number of cities that have a corp, i.e, once we have 5 cities with Corp we are producing 5 execs per turn

This shows why early Lib for MT was great btw..

5 turns medicine for most expensive tech, teching MT ourselves in how much was that..7 turns more? .. would have been a terrible decision.

Not even mentioning Free Reli beakers and happy.

I dunno, Nople needs 57F just to hit S11 so we would need to drop several specs there to do it. Cow would be a lot easier i think unless we need both of those cities to build two.

Running 3 scientist would have Nople grow in 3 turns, so it should be doable to get to size 11 or 12 in 8 turns or so when it gets the exe. I'm just trying to get a versatile path going.

Nople doesn't have to whip twice, but once we get the path worked out, it may be more efficient for it to be whipped twice.

Proud of everyone already, for Sushi we played this close to perfect.
There's no doubt any significantly faster way of doing this, we can only be really beaten if somebody makes great use of Alu Corp.

With a big fat hats off to you ;)

Anyway, let's call it here. I'm actually pretty much toast right now and I'm sure you are

Med in 5.. nice! Well done everybody!

That AP election was odd. Is there some requirement that a certain amount of civilizations has to be in the game for the peace vote to come up? Otherwise the re-election would have been because KK lost so much power since the last one, but I've never heard of that. Would be nice to know how this works for future reference.

Thinking a bit about the executive spread... If a city is to produce 2 execs, there is nothing that demands that they have to be done on consecutive turns. If we have the capacity to produce 5 execs elsewhere, a city can wait a turn between execs which gives it time to grow. With Sushi, every city should grow back a pop quite fast.

Not had a chance to look at save but it looks like we have 13-15 turns left and about 14 cities left to take.

The barb cities should fall quickly. I really doubt the gotojail barbs are defensive. I think those trebs were not needed. It was more a hassle than anything else.

Sub T180 looks on the cards. T174 was my earlier target.

Med in 5.. nice! Well done everybody!

That AP election was odd. Is there some requirement that a certain amount of civilizations has to be in the game for the peace vote to come up? Otherwise the re-election would have been because KK lost so much power since the last one, but I've never heard of that. Would be nice to know how this works for future reference.

Thinking a bit about the executive spread... If a city is to produce 2 execs, there is nothing that demands that they have to be done on consecutive turns. If we have the capacity to produce 5 execs elsewhere, a city can wait a turn between execs which gives it time to grow. With Sushi, every city should grow back a pop quite fast.

Yeah, we can use that to grow maybe 2 sizes in cities with high +food so we could potentially do something like 10 > 6 whip (or 7 > 4 with forge) regrow a couple sizes fast and then whip again. That's provided everything works out though. We might not be able to afford that turn in certain areas.

Another thing, we aren't going to have access to merchants OR strong workshops once we switch out of Caste for Slavery so our gold generation is going to take a significant hit. We are also going to have to deal with distance maintenance again when we drop SP and also the loss of golden age hammers and commerce.

The good news is that we will only have 8 or 9 of the 17 resources connected so that will bring corp maint down quite a bit. I think we still have one unfarmed rice and 7 seafood resources that won't have WBs. We may also be able to delay border pop to time with final turn in Valencia or our replacement city for that fish.

Corp Maintenance with 8 resources:

Pop Maint
1 -12.60
2 -13.30
3 -14.00
4 -14.70
5 -15.40
6 -16.10
7 -16.80
8 -17.50
9 -18.20
10 -18.90
11 -19.60
12 -20.30

Since we will be whipping most cities on the turn they get the corp we shouldn't have any cities larger than about S10 except possibly Horse for like 1T, and most will probably be in the 3-8 range with the newest cities just S1. Also, in the early turns where we only have 1, 2, 4, etc cities with the corp it really won't be too bad.

We still also need that 1900+ gold to spread the corp plus several hundred per exec if we have to rush buy any. Hopefully we can avoid that though.

plus several thouand to cover the cost of running the 31 corps.

I think several thousand is a bit of an exaggeration. Total corp maintenance cost should stay well under 2000. We will not pay for 31 cities until the very final turn. Early on we pay for much fewer and most of the early corp cities have a courthouse. With CHs our total maintenance costs for all turns could even stay under 1000.

Top Bottom