1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM 19 - Phoenix Rising

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

We need a road between bbq and Gyro to help execs move. We should not delay this.

2. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

Gifting murmansk should work. it has never reached size 2 so would be razed?? KK will accept any city on the map as he has 1 left.

3. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Slow down..Damascus is okay cos works as Hub for resettled Mainz, 1 turn whipped exec.
    And gems were very valuable for us.

Home cities cannot be razed cos the game assumes you keep them again after losing them.

4. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

I would spread corps to all the cities that need 2 turn execs as the final batch of 5 execs. There is no point delaying the other cities using up 2 turn execs early on.

Murmansk may be a home city but would face the auto raze rule as still size 1.

5. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

yep should work with Murmansk, tested

But it's not working with anything that reached size 2.

It's better shipping enuf units over before (3 Cuirs 2 Trebs total), so we are sure on Jail.
    Other barb city on main land can be destroyed by any Cuirs that should be free before we finish.

6. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

I wouldn't gift/ raze before jail is razed. I would like to know how raze function works. Could we return Damacus to Hynac then raze???

Your new city locations seem to work well.

7. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Not sure why you dislike Damascus so much, gave us happy and created some nice gold.
    From there 1 turn for Mainz exec, which would be otherwise those 2 turns.
    We also used this for units to heal before Salamanca.

It's easy, raze only works if you did not own cities before. Then you get them returned automatically and without revolt.
    Size 1 works cos there the never reached size 2 = auto raze rule takes over.

8. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Gifting Murm is a good idea if we can kill gtj indeed. Then probably just delete any units stuck over there

Dam was a necessity really and works ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

So what decisions do we have to make now?

10. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

Need to fogbust the area or we could get screwed over. So we will need to leave 1-2 units there. We can pillage the resources too.

Can you not remove the iphone taptalk comment??

11. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Well it's not about playing now, but we need detailed plans.

An exact exec chain, roads for that.
    City builds and size needs. Settler amount.
    Probably in that order cos one leads to another.

If we i.e. use Gondar and Dye first, adding forges there would give us 2 hard whip execs and forges in both cities would be doable still.

So that means we do not care much about gold amounts calculated now or any other musing that cannot be fully planed.
    We need details, tested where possible, everything else does not get us further.

12. chessplaya

chessplaya Prince

I think the way raze works is that if you previously chose to keep a city, you can't later choose to raze it. This would explain why we could raze the cities we gifted to Toku and Nappy (which we had settled ourselves), but not Yeha (which we captured). It would also mean we cannot raze Damascus.

13. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

On the contrary, there is no point rushing the corp to as many cities as possible as soon as possible. Corpspread only means more maintenance. The first 3 turns should not include any 2 movers, that way we can reach the limit of 5 execs as fast as possible. But once we have 5 execs it's actually better to do the 2 movers earlier. For the win date it doesn't matter when they are done, but doing them earlier means we pay less maintenance.

Maintenance is based on city size, so ideally we should leave large cities that won't need to spread the corp further until the last turn (in practice this probably means Sugar&Sheep). If we count founding the corp as T1, then a 10 turn spread is definitely possible (assuming we do indeed get rid of Murmansk). I've done some sketches, will upload soon once I've done some more optimizing.

14. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

So here is how I would do it.

T0 - Secret 1
    T1 Dye 2
    T2 BBQ/Gondar 4
    T3 Thess/ lali/ Yeha/ Ank 8
    T4 Nople/Golden/Edirne/Oasis/madrid (On way) 12
    T5 Madrid reaches, /Cowtown/Istanbul/trump/Santand 17
    T6 Horse/New Aus from madrid/Gyro/sugar/sheep 22
    T7 Dam (from new aus) clams ice (from madrid) North wheat/ Sheep/ South crabs from istanbul. 24
    T8 Dam reaches(from new aus)/ clams ice reach (from madrid)/ South crabs reaches from istanbul / ice fish (from north wheat) Ice crabs from Gyro 27
    T9 New fish (below madrid) Ice Fish reaches, ice crabs reaches. 30

This assumes we have enough gold to buy/whip units. In theory possible in 9 turns. No wastage here. We would need new roads to all the top 3 ice cities. New roads to the new crabs from istanbul. Plus a new road to Damascus from the new Aus city.

Lots to do really.

15. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

My T0-T3 exactly the same, I think there's really no better alternative for that.

How do you get to Oasis on T4?

16. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Your list shows why Gondar first should be better than Dye, east side seems easier and faster.
    I will try that.

17. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

Doh!! Rethink!

18. Izuul

Izuul Level 86

I want to sit down and look at this in detail when i get home from work today too. The final ~10T of corp spread is going to go pretty fast once we get the plan in the place, so i think we are safe to delay 1 more day to get this worked out as best as possible.

19. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

Gumby, where's the Mainz clam on your list?

20. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

No Dye is better as the east side has a lot of cities where Gondar leads to 4 cities. Better to open up more city options sooner. Only delay via Gondar is istanbul for the south crabs. Dye is the only route to the east.

I need to rethink Oasis.