SGOTM 19 - Phoenix Rising

Nice game, PR. You guys had a really strong start from what I can tell. The hardest part of this game for me is balancing expansion, warfare and economy/research. I think we could all learn a thing or two from PD's amazingly fast finish.

New game is up. Do we have the numbers for a team this game?

Looks like an interesting game! I'd love to join, but I will be traveling a lot until mid-late July, meaning I would not be able to be very involved the first few weeks of the game. Knowing how this team works, it would be a LOT to read up if I don't follow at all for a few weeks, so I would probably try to check in every now and then to stay somewhat up to date. August-September I should hopefully have more time and be able to play some turns also.

My main issue was large map size. Perhaps if they have a reduced land count it may be okay. The issue will be number of units later on. Expect a few unit spammers.

No harm signing up Elite. You always come up with good points when others lose their heads. If you only read 5% of posts this will keep KCD happy. ;)

We still a few more players to really form a team. Where is everyone???

TBH i was expecting a longer break between games. This isn't a great time for me so i may sit this one out.

Actually I'll probably sign up just in case i can play.

TBH i was expecting a longer break between games. This isn't a great time for me so i may sit this one out.

Actually I'll probably sign up just in case i can play.

I start my new job on 7th July so I may have less time in the evenings.

We need a few more new faces here. I have some ideas but would like someone to PM me on them.

I'm hoping the map size fears are slightly overblown. I just rolled 10 large pangaea maps using the following settings:

Map size - large
Sea level - medium
Shoreline - random

The average number of land tiles was 1310. The largest map was 1551 and the smallest was 1113. Most maps were in the 1200-1300 range. I assume the variance is largely due to the random shoreline setting.

Now if you recall the map used in the last SGOTM was a lakes map which has land from corner to corner and actually has 1430 land tiles. I don't know how heavily this pangaea map was modified by the map creator, but it seems like # of land tiles should be fairly comparable to last game. The only difference will be the large number of ocean tiles.

Let's make this one a fun game, no waiting for everybody being around until play resumes and so on. Last one was very heavy on that, and instead of sitting out we can play a very relaxed team game ;)
Fits summer time anyways, i would have no energy for a game like last one.

Hopefully less micro discussion will make the game much more fun. Of course the players will still be expected to make the right micro decisions.

We should play the game top down this game. Do you want me to invite 1-2 players??

It would of been better with Lymond as he normally backs up the game when we are short. This still needs to be a team game.

Top Bottom