1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM 20 - Fifth Element

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Deckhand

Deckhand Procrastination at its finest GOTM Staff

:goodjob:
    You finished on time and met all the conditions.
    Yours was the most advanced civilization.

These are the checks I've done on all the final submissions:

Take control of the Religions! - Only you (or your vassals) may own a Holy City. - 4 owned, 3 Razed
    Bring them together! - Each of your cities has at least two religions. - Met
    There are at least seventy temples in your cities. Each Great Prophet settled in your cities counts as four temples. - Temples = 66 (in just two religions!), settled Great Prophets = 5
    Promote Equality! - You must adopt and stay in Free Religion upon learning Liberalism. - No Liberalism (yours was the only team that went deep into the tech tree)
    End the madness! - Each nation can only have one free leader. At least one leader of each nation has to be eliminated or be vassalized." - met, Free: 1 Russian, 1 English
    Prove that you are a worthy ruler! - You win the game in any way but conquest. – Diplomatic (Religious) turn 234 16200AD

2. LincolnOfRome

LincolnOfRome Glutton for Punishment

Congratulations on finishing and meeting all victory conditions, enKage!

3. BLubmuz

BLubmuz HoF Quattromaster

Good job, no1 hits enter like you :)

Well, this is my last game as a team captain, or at least until i have more interest for CIV.
    I'd like to see FE continue, with enKage as captain. He did very well in all the games he participated, improving quickly.

Other members contribution was good, mine less this time.

Now off to read the insults we gathered for have take this long.

4. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

When it's time for the vote the Resident is presented with a list of valid proposals and gets to choose which to put forward.

5. enKage

enKage Follower of Zoamelgustar

hEY GUYS

As for new SGOTM I know I am expected to be a leader for a game. But it looks like again I would have some flat issues at least at January, so probably the most important month. Let us try to join forces with other team, seek out for a team which can take us all unless there is another person who can take a full lead this time (Lincoln?).

For sure to be competitive there must be at least 3-4 people completely dedicated at each stage of a game. Can we fulfill this requirement?

At this moment there are 2 teams with 3 memmebrs too: CGU and Misfits. I have already got an unofficial invitation from CGU. If we are only 4 people, I see no reason to play. But it looks like if we all join one of these teams, we can get a lot of experience, meet other playing styles and can play bigger role then last games. Should I reply I want to take you all with me?

And where is LoR?

6. BLubmuz

I'd like to have another small team join FE, which is the only team playing this competition FROM its VERY BEGINNING.

CGU can be a good choice, even if i don't know its members.
    Misfit can be another one, i know Ronnie1 for being a long time player, but i doubt they won't be joined by other people.
    The 2 unassigned people can be invited, they're both experienced players.

About the Captain... let's see how it moves. In case i can take it in charge if you can't. Lincoln wasn't much active last game and he did not signed yet. Let's wait and see, i'll check daily.

7. pigswill

pigswill fly (one day)

Joining up with CGU sounds a fine idea to me.

Fifth Element has been around for quite a while, it would be nice to keep the name going. Maybe CGU would join with us?

8. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I can't speak for the rest of the team and Shulec hasn't committed yet but joining forces and keeping the FE name going seems like a good idea. I suspect there would be a few things to be ironed out but none major, 1 strong team rather than two small ones makes sense.

9. BLubmuz

Let's try to find a way, i for me do not have any problem. If you have already a team leader, see that enKage can't take the baton, he will be welcome. The recent 2 SGs we played without any rule, but i think we must have some, see their results.

10. Noble Zarkon

I've been in touch with my team but I know at least one is away for the New Year, so probably the weekend before we can confirm. We can sort out leaders in due course, Shulec was ours and is a strong player, would have no issues with enkage and I know you want to take a step back Blubmuz. I think we have a couple of players who could step up if needed.

11. BSPollux

BSPollux Deity

Flexibility is a nice trait to have.

12. enKage

deadline for signups is Jan 5th, still some time.

Will be glad if CGU join the team and take the lead :D

13. BSPollux

BSPollux Deity

I'm quite sure will see some more activity from Jan 2nd onwards. There are still some people away or busy.

14. Noble Zarkon

:)
    Been looking over your thread today, looks like you have some good players, a lot of history but maybe have let things get a bit slack in terms of PPP etc?? I know participation was an issue at times - we were lucky with only 4 regulars but we all stayed engaged until the end.

15. BLubmuz

We used to post fairly detailed PPPs, but the 2 last games we have a lot of problems and i was (as i am at present) more interested in the TW series than in CIV.

Actually 3. I think that the last game where we played like a team was #17. Unfortunately we did not even thought to the teleportation trick, so our placement was pitiful. I complained with the mapmaker at the time, who admitted to have overlooked that possibility. I think it was a good game, at least in terms of team relations.
    But our last really good game was the #16, no matter the placement.

And yes, we slacked things. Participation, interest, a vicious circle. Maybe i can regain interest if this team takes over.

Another thing i don't like in the latter SGs is the lack of a pre-determined VC. The mapmakers thought to any way to force the teams to tech past Astro, but the simplest: UN diplo or - better, far better - SPACE.
    I think it's over 10 SGs we don't have it... i must verify. A shame!

At this point a normal map, with some forced objectives and Space would be very welcome.

Then, i don't know if the low number of participants is due to this aspect and to a drop of interest for a game which is over 10 years old or both, but surely this competition needs a refresh

16. astre

astre Emperor

ok for me for fusion.

17. Noble Zarkon

Great - just waiting for zbg then we can make it official.

18. Noble Zarkon

I now have confirmation from zbg so will post in the official thread.

19. enKage

No digns from Lincoln yet, so maybe we should invite at least one from unassigned too?

20. shulec

shulec Grrrrr... I AM the force! Hall of Fame Staff

CGU/FE fusion gives us 7. It may be best if we get the unallocated going to MGN. I'd hate to see MGN/Suspects fuse for a total of 4 teams.