SGOTM 21 - The Shawshank Redemption

Cathy likes (or liked) us somewhat before the DoW. Are we expecting to just get OB naturally? and avoid the DoW on Mansa? Seems like another extra layer of safety, not relying on Mansa. That would mean DoP Cathy T168 at the latest, right?

If we have a spare galleon, should we send one to Rhiems? for the tank option we have there? Or is it too late to get one there? That would give Orenburg the option of a settler.
Or is that too many backup plans?

If you do that, it changes where your whole Lyons boat chain goes.

III.e. Don't expect to be guaranteed to get 100% culture slider for 2 turns. We might be out of money, so don't cut it too close in critical cities.
On 2nd thought, I suppose we can build wealth in cities that don't need culture expansion, so we probably can guarantee 100% culture.
The 1125g we have stored in Kremlin is close to 2 turns. :crazyeye: We probably had T168 in the bag with Pollina's idea for a GE.

II. Parade.
You mentioned the 4 air and GG in the title, but didn't list out details. I guess it's a simple rebase after OB and the GG gets there when he gets there....safely.
Right.

Cathy likes (or liked) us somewhat before the DoW. Are we expecting to just get OB naturally? and avoid the DoW on Mansa? Seems like another extra layer of safety, not relying on Mansa. That would mean DoP Cathy T168 at the latest, right?
Good idea. I'll do my best.

If we have a spare galleon, should we send one to Rhiems? for the tank option we have there? Or is it too late to get one there? That would give Orenburg the option of a settler.
Or is that too many backup plans?

If you do that, it changes where your whole Lyons boat chain goes.
We definitely don't need another settler. IF we settle the three scheduled cities T169 we could trip domination T170. We're going to go rocketing over the limit on T171.

BSP: On this task "Rename the proudest ship ever to sail the oceans after her and gift it to her (needs at least 50xp to be worthy)," how exactly do you define "after her." Does ti have to be exactly "Elizabeth"?

Sreenshot of Lizzie's gift before:
Spoiler :

Sreenshot of Lizzie's gift after:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Liz gift before.JPG
    Liz gift before.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 274
  • Liz gift after.JPG
    Liz gift after.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 279
T165
At 38.3% odds and right before our settler's eyes, Shaka's Northfish Wimpi punctures our knight till he's spongy. Calls for drafting a rifle. If that doesn't work, next turn we'll draft a infantry. :mwaha: Our settler can board the galley, so no probs there.

Shaka doesn't lay down. Ulundi sends out a mini-SoD of 3HAs+1chariot+9 city raider catapults. :lol: When the mouse is away, the cats will play.

We vote for ourselves as AP resident.

We draft three rifles and build another in Utrecht.

More crapola. In addition the barb galley that's pillaging our Mao seafood, there's a bar axe up by New Badoing. Our chariots will give him an axxwhoopin.

IT
Shaka completes Engineering. Pissmobile. I should have put eps on him to slow him down, but didn't think of it till now.
ShakaStack thinks its going to sneak through our horse pasture and go to Rotterdam. Maybe I'll just kill his mounties and let his siege do as they please. :rotfl:

T166
Assembly Line in and Utrecht completes an infantry. :D Bring it on, Shakazz.

We're having a damn hard time using up our cash. Madrid provides 125.4 raw bpt and 31.25gpt, along with 2eppt.

Airship lights up the ULundi skies. Shaka has 6 triremes patrolling Ulundi's waters. In Ulundi are 6 triremes, 12 galleys, a mace, 2 axes, and a cat. Who needs any GGs for Lizard? :crazyeye:

T167

We are done with our Cathy warring. Shaka still holds Ulundi (and his island city).

Uploaded. Take a look. We are getting close to the domination limit and cities are coming out of resistance. I haven't been razing cities because I didn't want to make Cathy or Shaka angrier with us, in case we need them at a certain attitude. We'll have to be careful, maybe give up some Izzy cities temporarily. I have galleons on both sides that could have units to re-capture cities we gift to Liz or Mansa. See what you think. I can finish tomorrow.

T165
At 38.3% odds and right before our settler's eyes, Shaka's Northfish Wimpi punctures our knight till he's spongy. Calls for drafting a rifle. If that doesn't work, next turn we'll draft a infantry. :mwaha: Our settler can board the galley, so no probs there.

Shaka doesn't lay down. Ulundi sends out a mini-SoD of 3HAs+1chariot+9 city raider catapults. :lol: When the mouse is away, the cats will play.

Good thing we're not in bureaucracy! No drafting.

Are you going to finish the Kremlin? :eek:
Hague is so angry it can't finish it without that chop. And we can barely get a worker there.
Get on it! Don't cut it so close.
edit: I guess if we CF Cathy this turn, it will be happy enough to finish it, but still...chop that forest.

Looks like we miscalculated our gold. We have way too much :(
I thought we'd be at -900 or -1000gpt by now.

We are still more than 8% short of Domination. Are we really in any danger of tripping it early? Are you sure you counted right?

r u going to DoP or CF Cathy? We've been saying DoP, but I think we want CF. What if we need to take Novgorod cus our tile count is off?

Domination: I think the dangerous turns are the 100% culture when borders are popping everywhere. Take that slowly. Maybe upload each turn so everyone can count tiles.

Uploaded. Take a look. We are getting close to the domination limit and cities are coming out of resistance. I haven't been razing cities because I didn't want to make Cathy or Shaka angrier with us, in case we need them at a certain attitude. We'll have to be careful, maybe give up some Izzy cities temporarily. I have galleons on both sides that could have units to re-capture cities we gift to Liz or Mansa. See what you think. I can finish tomorrow.

We'd overshoot the domination limit by ~85 tiles, if we settle New Moscow, New Baoding and NorthFish, capture Ulundi and run FS with 100% culture for 2 turns.

We can't run our culture slider until t170. That should will ensure we don't trip domination too early. Maybe CF with Shaka and stack some more units in uMgung to keep it from revolting. We'd probably have to give away a city, if we take Ulundi. We'll easily get the ~100 remaining tiles from (2nd ring) border expansions and settling 3 cities. I doubt we'll even have to run the culture slider.

Are you going to finish the Kremlin? :eek:
Hague is so angry it can't finish it without that chop. And we can barely get a worker there.
Get on it! Don't cut it so close.
edit: I guess if we CF Cathy this turn, it will be happy enough to finish it, but still...chop that forest.
Thanks for reminding me. I hadn't made a note of having a worker around, although with railroads, it's hard to not reach anywhere...

Top Bottom