[BTS] SGOTM 24 Turbo Ants

Mitchum, pls note the barb animals you see in your report. Their numbers may be our best early indicator of how large our landmass is.

TW-AH Testing

So far as I can tell, ah-tw and tw-ah are the same beaker-wise. There might be a way to squeeze out an extra beaker but I'm not sure it's worth it. Mitchum's thought on teching TW second to get a bonus for meeting AIs might be th clinching factor. I have to go... :)
To be clear, I'm referring to simply teching ah then tw. No fancy shenanigans.

Got busy at work and was not able to play. I'll try to advance the game tonight after the kids are in bed.

No fancy stuff. AH -> TW with the slider at 100% science.

Turnset Report: T6 to T18

T10: One wolf shows up north and another to the east. I track their progress with signs throughout the turnset.

T14: Buddhism was FIADL

T15: Hinduism was FIADL

T17: We meet Darius and he's blocking all land access out of our area. He brags about his archers.

T18: AH learned; no horses to be seen. I wonder if this puts us behind teams that research Pottery instead....

Here is your Session Turn Log from 3760 BC to 3280 BC:
Spoiler :
Turn 13, 3480 BC: Buddhism has been founded in a distant land!

Turn 14, 3440 BC: Hinduism has been founded in a distant land!

Turn 16, 3360 BC: You have trained a Warrior in TA Town. Work has now begun on a Worker.

Turn 17, 3320 BC: TA Town will grow to size 2 on the next turn.
Turn 17, 3320 BC: You have discovered Animal Husbandry!

Turn 18, 3280 BC: TA Town has grown to size 2.

EDIT: I have saves if anyone wants to do some demo diving.

Our area:

Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0083.JPG

I think we need to reconsider the Alphabet beeline. We'll most likely only know one AI at the time we learn Writing. It's possible that this map is like a maze where we have to go through the AI one by one (if going by land) in order to get to the next one. In addition, a large portion of the map lies to our west and we can't explore that direction without either Sailing or a culture bridge. Knowing just one and up to three AI, all of whom only know one to three AI, decreases the value of Alphabet.

It also looks like we have to REX our starting area ASAP because that is likely the best use of our early turns/resources. Trying to take on Darius and the maintenance of owning his cities could be tough to manage early on.

hmm. Meeting Darius is better that I was expecting. Not sure about alpha; When would CowsCity be able to get an exploring workboat out?

Note: there is a fish 2s of Stone that isn't obvious in the screenshot. Settling on stone is a good way to get quick stone some day. Not a bad city with the Oasis.

I'm still thinking we should focus on getting out of this area. We need to attack West or North cus going to Darius without horses :vomit:

Analysis

1. Darius' espy is 0/4. That means he knows at least one other AI, right? Can we somehow figure out, now or soon, if he knows more from that?
2. BarbCIty is pop2.
3. AIs each have 1 city, pops 3,3,2,1,1,1, for what it's worth.

Pollina, does Dog Soldier count against us, in addition to axeman, when determining if Darius will trade BW? It seems so from Tachy's spreadsheet.

I'm still thinking we should focus on getting out of this area. We need to attack West or North cus going to Darius without horses :vomit:
I guess we have no choice but to send out a wb. Both islands might be decoys and our only pre-Astro path is east. What do we minimally settle if we can move west?

If we had hit the east coast, it would be an easy choice to skip writing/OB and alpha and just go for pottery and BW.

Since we have AH, the only value that has is the cow site, and it leads to writing. So, if we want to take advantage of the fact that we got AH so early (no horse rush), then we settle cows and get Writing.

Settling cows also takes advantage of our knowledge of Fishing. Writing makes sense for running scientists. Our only new sources of beakers are coastal tiles, scientists, libraries, and trade routes, right? The question to me is, what's the fastest way to libraries?

Spread-out settling also kind of forces us to prioritize the GLH, doesn't it?

Top Bottom