[BTS] SGOTM 24 Xteam

I wouldn't have done anything differently. It seems like really bad luck to run into a Warrior that early. In the test, I never saw anything but animals in that timeframe.
This is how we (I) play the game and lose a Scout, meanwhile TA are code surfing, counting the number of cities and calculating when Barb units will appear ......

This is how we (I) play the game and lose a Scout, meanwhile TA are code surfing, counting the number of cities and calculating when Barb units will appear ......
That's Impressive, but knowing when would seem far less useful than knowing where. Were they breaking the code on that as well?

Don't think that loosing the scout was at all critical. My loosing the eastern exploring workboat to a barb galley just off the German coast was, because it cost us any chance of finding the coastal route to the India's and early tech trading well before Optics. Loss of wkbt was pretty much unavoidable, just unlucky. Real mistake was not getting it out before encounters with barb galleys were likely. (Replaying the game now, getting the wkbt out much earlier to see how much difference that would have made.)

Last edited:
I am thinking of signing up, not sure of how busy or available I will be.... would you guys have me?

Top Bottom