[BTS] SGOTM 24 Xteam

Here's the test game updated to T88 in case you guys want it.

It's definitely getting to be a pain to match it up with the real game. I ended up with a few differences:

1. Oak is 2:hammers: ahead on the DS
2. WPB is 5:hammers: ahead on the galley
3. Ombu is 1 turn behind in production (warrior should've finished last turn), however there's already 19:hammers: in a Library, so after T88 it will be very close to the real game.

I'll work out a plan for the next 10 or so turns by Sunday night, I think. I'll delay the Settler a little bit to avoid whipping the galley in WPB. I think I'll put off any religious conversion until at least one more city gets Confucianism. I'd prefer 3 cities.

Attachments

• TEST SG24 BC-0675 T88 Matching.CivBeyondSwordSave
    117.8 KB · Views: 31
Concur with delaying religious conversion. Don't see it bringing us any immediate advantage, and not likely to spread without OR for missionaries. Moreover, the Germans are Buddhists -- wouldn't they be less likely to trade tech with us?

Here's the test game updated to T88 in case you guys want it.

It's definitely getting to be a pain to match it up with the real game. I ended up with a few differences:

1. Oak is 2:hammers: ahead on the DS
2. WPB is 5:hammers: ahead on the galley
3. Ombu is 1 turn behind in production (warrior should've finished last turn), however there's already 19:hammers: in a Library, so after T88 it will be very close to the real game.

I'll work out a plan for the next 10 or so turns by Sunday night, I think. I'll delay the Settler a little bit to avoid whipping the galley in WPB. I think I'll put off any religious conversion until at least one more city gets Confucianism. I'd prefer 3 cities.

Agree, totally.

PPP

T88 to T98

Research
upload_2017-4-23_22-14-13.png

City Builds
upload_2017-4-23_22-14-58.png

Worker Actions
upload_2017-4-23_22-16-46.png

Unit Actions
North WB - Come back reveal East side of small island near Ombu
Exploring warrior - Work with scout to unfog remaining tiles
1st WB from WPB - Explore western island, continue west if possible
1st Settler - found 2 Fish + Elephant city
Scout - unfog remaining tiles
New Warriors/DSs - get garrison of 2 in Oak, 3 in Pine, 3 in Ombu, send 1 to island city

Diplomacy
Demands - yes for "stop trading with Stalin", stop and ask team otherwise
Focus EPs on Darius as best tech trader
Stop if Alpha becomes available and report to team on trading options (I really f'ing hope this is the case)

Questions:

Why no trade for horses and then production of a chariot?
Building a monastery, so are you planning to convert? If so, why?
Why build a Totem in Oak?
What's your rationale for building two cottages in Ombu, where you're planning to build a mine and then whip the lib in Ombu and run two scientists? No use for cottages for a while. Irrigating a grassland by the lake would seem more helpful. In general, wouldn't worker turns be better spent roading east (as noted) and roading forests in prep for eventual improvement?

Questions:

Why no trade for horses and then production of a chariot?
Building a monastery, so are you planning to convert? If so, why?
Why build a Totem in Oak?
What's your rationale for building two cottages in Ombu, where you're planning to build a mine and then whip the lib in Ombu and run two scientists? No use for cottages for a while. Irrigating a grassland by the lake would seem more helpful. In general, wouldn't worker turns be better spent roading east (as noted) and roading forests in prep for eventual improvement?

Sorry, trade for horses should be in there. If he won't do it for two health resources though, I don't think we can make the trade. If we have horses, we trade out DS builds for chariots.

The monastery is partly in case we need to spread religion ourselves (at some point in the future) after we convert. And partly for lack of anything better to build. Same for the Totem in Oak. Will make for excellent Archery units when we get them, but not much use right away.

I have to agree the cottages aren't going to get worked soon. Still, there's lots of time to put roads on forests. I could send another worker to help with roading east. A farm in Ombu doesn't seem worthwhile when the city is already at +10 food and we haven't even built a LH yet.

Sorry, trade for horses should be in there. If he won't do it for two health resources though, I don't think we can make the trade. If we have horses, we trade out DS builds for chariots.

The monastery is partly in case we need to spread religion ourselves (at some point in the future) after we convert. And partly for lack of anything better to build. Same for the Totem in Oak. Will make for excellent Archery units when we get them, but not much use right away.

I have to agree the cottages aren't going to get worked soon. Still, there's lots of time to put roads on forests. I could send another worker to help with roading east. A farm in Ombu doesn't seem worthwhile when the city is already at +10 food and we haven't even built a LH yet.

Ombu will have a couple of scientist?

If that's the case, then It won't be good for it to fall below size 5; (3 Fish + 2 scientists).

Then, yep, ombu has 8 coastal tiles, so being size 10 could be quite optimal. Also, a cottage or a farm would be the difference between using it completly or mostly for :commerce:.

We shall not lose of sight our objective of getting a conquering army by T 130 or so.

The monastery is partly in case we need to spread religion ourselves (at some point in the future) after we convert. But do we want to convert now? Will conversion affect trading techs with Germany? Concur that having a monastery could prove to be a good thing, but hammer-poor Pine, a GP city, seems a lousy place to plan to build missionaries. And partly for lack of anything better to build. Same for the Totem in Oak. Will make for excellent Archery units when we get them, but not much use right away.

There are a great many forests to build roads on, and we may need workers to improve new city sites soon, so could argue that now is a good time to get some of it done, but I'm okay with your revised plan.

I don't want to convert yet. The founder of a religion will often stop sending missionaries if you convert, but will keep sending them if you don't. If we get Confu in Oak and Ombu as well, then I might convert. It would be best if we can wait until a Golden Age.

I don't want to convert yet. The founder of a religion will often stop sending missionaries if you convert, but will keep sending them if you don't. If we get Confu in Oak and Ombu as well, then I might convert. It would be best if we can wait until a Golden Age.
Certainly fine with that approach. Thought you couldn't build a monastery unless you had religion in the city.

Are you planning to play soon?

Where is NZ?

Hey, I just opened up the game to see if I could get the horse trade.

Darius refused Fish + Corn and Deer + Corn. He already has Fur, and we can't trade away our one Gem. The only combination I can still try is Fish + Corn + Deer. What do you think?

PPP

T88 to T98

Research

City Builds
upload_2017-4-25_21-30-43.png

Worker Actions
upload_2017-4-25_21-31-49.png

Unit Actions
North WB - Come back to reveal East side of small island near Ombu
Exploring warrior - Work with scout to unfog remaining tiles
1st WB from WPB - Explore western island, continue west if possible
1st Settler - found 2 Fish + Elephant city
Scout - unfog remaining tiles
New Warriors/DSs/Chariots - get garrison of 2 in Oak, 3 in Pine, 3 in Ombu, send 1 to island city

Diplomacy
Horse trade - Give Fish+Corn+Deer for Horse? Please vote.
Demands - yes for "stop trading with Stalin", stop and ask team otherwise
Focus EPs on Darius as best tech trader
Stop if Alpha becomes available and report to team on trading options (I really f'ing hope this is the case)

Updated with one less cottage, and possible substitutions for chariots if get the horse trade. I can play tomorrow, so let me know if we're good to go.

NZ - you would potentially be up next. Are you going to be ready?

I'm for the trade. It may keep Germany from getting horses, and there are no other trades on the horizon. After ten turns, if good trades open up, we can cancel.

GREEN

Hey guys sorry I have been so quiet, combination of illness and work - away on holiday next week so likely have to skip. Will get front page updated, probably tomorrow night - can't access forum during the day at the moment!

Turnset Report T88-T98

Uploaded game save

The good news:
We have 3 chariots built

The not-so-good news:
Our exploration to the west hit a dead end
The western island is pretty crappy overall
We're a turn behind on founding the island city

The bad news:
Our unit costs are starting to really hurt our cash flow
Darius researched Monarchy after CoL. I was really expecting him to get Alpha.

The western island
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0350.JPG

New Darius city
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0351.JPG

Something Interesting
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0349.JPG

Is it just me, or is that the UN? The UN doesn't show up on the Wonders screen, but I'm not sure how that would work.

Buffy Log
Spoiler :
Logging by BUFFY 3.19.003 (BtS 3.19) ------------------------------------------------
Turn 88/500 (675 BC) [25-Apr-2017 20:59:51]
0% Research: 18 per turn
0% Espionage: 4 per turn
100% Gold: 16 per turn, 37 in the bank

Turn 89/500 (650 BC) [25-Apr-2017 20:59:53]
A Fishing Boats was built near Ombú
Oak begins: Chariot (4 turns)
100% Gold: 17 per turn, 53 in the bank
After End Turn: Whip anger has decreased in West Palm Beech Oak grows to size 8
Ombú grows to size 4

Turn 90/500 (625 BC) [26-Apr-2017 20:06:39]
A Mine was built near Ombú
100% Gold: 19 per turn, 70 in the bank
After End Turn: Oak finishes: Dog Soldier
Other Player Actions: Civics Change: Darius I(Persia) from 'Despotism' to 'Hereditary Rule'

Turn 91/500 (600 BC) [26-Apr-2017 20:10:34]
100% Research: 74 per turn
0% Gold: -23 per turn, 89 in the bank
After End Turn: Al-Kindi (Great Scientist) born in Oak
West Palm Beech grows to size 4

Turn 92/500 (575 BC) [26-Apr-2017 20:13:45]
100% Research: 74 per turn
0% Gold: -25 per turn, 66 in the bank
After End Turn: Pine grows to size 7
Ombú grows to size 5
West Palm Beech finishes: Galley

Turn 93/500 (550 BC) [26-Apr-2017 20:17:28]
West Palm Beech begins: Lighthouse (6 turns)
100% Research: 77 per turn
0% Gold: -26 per turn, 41 in the bank
After End Turn: The whip was applied in Ombú
Tech research finished: Mathematics
Pine finishes: Barracks
A Hamlet was built near Pine
Ombú finishes: Library

Turn 94/500 (525 BC) [26-Apr-2017 20:20:02]
Research begun: Currency (7 Turns)
Pine begins: Settler (4 turns)
Ombú begins: Granary (41 turns)
Pine begins: Chariot (6 turns)
A Cottage was built near Ombú
100% Gold: 19 per turn, 15 in the bank
After End Turn: The whip was applied in Pine
Oak finishes: Chariot
Pine finishes: Settler
Ombú grows to size 4

Turn 95/500 (500 BC) [26-Apr-2017 20:25:33]
Oak begins: Chariot (4 turns)
A Mine was built near West Palm Beech
100% Gold: 17 per turn, 34 in the bank
After End Turn: Pine grows to size 6
Pine finishes: Chariot

Turn 96/500 (475 BC) [26-Apr-2017 20:28:24]
Pine begins: Confucian Monastery (30 turns)
0% Research: 21 per turn
100% Gold: 14 per turn, 51 in the bank
After End Turn: West Palm Beech grows to size 5

Turn 97/500 (450 BC) [26-Apr-2017 20:33:42]
0% Research: 21 per turn
100% Gold: 13 per turn, 65 in the bank
After End Turn: Oak finishes: Chariot
Ombú grows to size 5
West Palm Beech finishes: Lighthouse

Turn 98/500 (425 BC) [26-Apr-2017 20:37:38]
Oak begins: Totem Pole (4 turns)
West Palm Beech begins: Galley (5 turns)

Oak begins: Settler (10 turns)

So, is that skyscraper in Persepolis the UN?

Glad you got us rolling again, ZB. Do you want to continue through Currency, when there will be decision needed on the next tech?

Is Fractals ready to play?

Top Bottom