1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 24 Xteam

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Jan 28, 2017.

1. NobleZarkon

NobleZarkon Civ IV HoF Prince EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

OK very helpful, I should have time for a short session tonight then am basically free Friday through Monday so would hope to make serious progress.

I'll need someone to take over from Tuesday as going on a business trip then away for the weekend.

fractals likes this.
  2. zbgayumn

zbgayumn Chieftain

Ok, sounds good. I can most likely take over on Tuesday. From there it's 1 week to go, so I would propose that I notify Pete if I can't play on a particular day and hopefully he could take over that day.

fractals likes this.
  3. NobleZarkon

Spent about an hour on this tonight but only advanced 1 turn! Feel I have a much better grip on things now and ready to play a lot over the weekend. Only bit I'm really unsure about is our teching strategy. GS is ready to bulb 1,698 beakers into Chemistry, can someone detail precisely what our tech path is please. Sorry but I don't do a lot of bulbing in my games so I'm concerned I'll miss something if I try to work it out myself.

Darius wanted Gems as well as Corn, Deer & Dye for Horses, checked the happy cap situation and agreed to the trade. Our other dye will be online on a couple of turns.

Stalin asks us to join war against Bismarck (who just declared on him), decline in order to keep good relations with Darius.

Exploring has opened up a trade route to Toku, all he could trade us is 10g though!

I did make a mistake in moving the crossbow from Oak towards the Russian front when it is supposed to be heading West to fight Barbs :-( I think we'll have enough troops anyway but happy to wait an extra turn or two to attack Yayoi if people prefer.

Save uploaded here.

fractals likes this.
  4. NobleZarkon

OK had some more time tonight and I think I'm a bit clearer.

It's hard to put down an exact tech path isn't it because what becomes available in trades changes what Scientists can bulb. The undernoted is my understanding of the situation.

Mandatory Techs: CS, Paper, PP, Sci Meth, Biology, Medicine
    Optional: Education, Liberalism, Theology
    Military: Steel, Mil Sci (maybe Nationalism, Mil Trad, Rifling)

Possible bulbs: GS's for Chemistry, Education, PP, and Sci Meth, (we would have to get Physics to then bulb Biology and Medicine)

Do we use the current GS to part bulb Chemistry? I think that was CP's plan.

fractals likes this.
  5. zbgayumn

zbgayumn Chieftain

Yes, use one on Chemistry. After that we have two options for the final GS (probably final, I don't know if we'll be playing long enough to generate one w/o Caste). Put a bulb into Education after we get CS and Paper, or ignore Education (and Lib) and go from Paper straight to PP. Put the bulb into Sci Meth when you finish PP.

Using Lib to get Steel instead of teching it directly saves us 2200 :science:. So, it's better than another bulb. Plus, Liberalism itself is a good tech for trading away, whereas we can't afford to trade Steel. I still like this route.

I think Pete has argued that we could potentially Lib Biology or Medicine for even bigger benefit. However, with Darius and Bismarck being fairly advanced, I don't think we'll be able to put off Lib for that long.

Once we get to Sci Meth, it's pretty much a straight shot to Medicine.

fractals likes this.
  6. zbgayumn

zbgayumn Chieftain

Thought we could all use a reminder:

The rules
    • After you change to Enviromentalism you are not allowed to change back.
    • At your first turn of enviromentalism, you can reduce the number of turns required by 2 for each forest preserve you have on your starting land as defined by the start screenshot. I believe I just counted 50 forests in our area (-2 if we don't take Ergili from Darius), so we should be set.
    • At your first turn of enviromentalism, you can further reduce the number of turns required by 1 for every five forest preserves you have on other lands within your borders. As mentioned above, shouldn't be necessary to build forest preserves outside the starting area.
    • On the turn when you win the game you must still have at least the same number of forest preserves (not neceesary on the same locations) on both starting land and total. If you fail to achieve this your team will be graded behind teams who succeeded in keeping all their forests. If you expect to lose some preserves during this time you must state this in a pm to the mapmaker.
    • To claim the number of turns you need to force the world to run enviromentalist you must upload your save at the turn when you switch to Environmentalism, and post screenshots in your team thread of the preserves that will be counted.
    • If you are not using the UN to convince the AI to run enviromentalist we might ask you to post proof (screenshots, saves etc) that everyone is forced to do so for all turns and does not change back to another civic. Hopefully that's just a screenshot of one turn.
    FYI - At our current research rate, it could take 100 turns to finish Biology and Medicine. There could be a lot of turns to play in the next week and a half.

fractals likes this.
  7. Cactus Pete

Cactus Pete Chieftain GOTM Staff

Okay. There does become a trade-off between moving the game along rapidly and taking the time to explain your tactics. Please understand that I will be particularly concerned to comprehend your planning if I am taking over a Religious victory scenario, as I've never played such a game.

"Exploring has opened up a trade route to Toku, all he could trade us is 10g though! Does he no longer have 6gpt available?

I did make a mistake in moving the crossbow from Oak towards the Russian front when it is supposed to be heading West to fight Barbs :-( I think we'll have enough troops anyway but happy to wait an extra turn or two to attack Yayoi if people prefer." I mentioned that crossbow being transported to the island as an option in case a new barb unit was produced.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 12:34 AM
    fractals likes this.
  8. NobleZarkon

No.

Had time for a short session this afternoon and will play again tonight. We have Theology - Bismarck built the AP as expected and both Gandhi and Asoka would then trade it, Asoka wanted Guilds so I got it from Gandhi for Currency and Compass (we also got 50g).

Put the bulb into Chemistry, it's one turn away so need to decide what to tech next.

So a couple of decisions to be made if anyone happens by in the next 3 hours or so!

Do we wait for CS or revolt now to Slavery and Theology? We need 2 missionaries to make the best use of Theology but that requires Slavery anyway. I'm leaning towards revolt now (1 turn), we've hit the WFYABTA limit with Bismark.

I quite like CP's idea of going for Drama now which could be a nice trade bait. Alternatively we go CS -> Paper -> Education (with part bulb).

Spoiler Buffy Log :

Logging by BUFFY 3.19.003 (BtS 3.19)
    ------------------------------------------------
    Turn 145/500 (700 AD) [19-May-2017 15:57:21]
    80% Research: 192 per turn
    20% Espionage: 33 per turn
    0% Gold: -104 per turn, 166 in the bank

After End Turn:
    West Palm Beech finishes: Catapult
    Elm grows to size 10

Turn 146/500 (720 AD) [19-May-2017 15:57:24]
    Cahokia founded
    Mangrove begins: Granary (60 turns)
    Tech traded to Darius I (Persia): Optics
    100% Research: 238 per turn
    0% Espionage: 4 per turn
    0% Gold: -114 per turn, 152 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Plato (Great Scientist) born in Ombú
    West Palm Beech finishes: Crossbowman
    Aspen grows to size 12
    Ironwood grows to size 5
    Bloodwood grows to size 5

Other Player Actions:
    Attitude Change: Darius I (Persia) towards Stalin (Russia), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 147/500 (740 AD) [19-May-2017 16:11:54]
    A Plantation was built near Bloodwood
    Tech traded to Darius I (Persia): Horseback Riding
    80% Research: 194 per turn
    20% Gold: -86 per turn, 138 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Bismarck (Germany), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Darius I (Persia), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'

Spoiler SGOTM Log :

Turn 145, 700 AD: Sitting Bull's Caravel 1 (West Palm Beech) (3.30) vs Barbarian's Galley (2.20)
    Turn 145, 700 AD: Combat Odds: 90.1%
    Turn 145, 700 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
    Turn 145, 700 AD: (Plot Defense: +10%)
    Turn 145, 700 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 24 (76/100HP)
    Turn 145, 700 AD: Sitting Bull's Caravel 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 16 (84/100HP)
    Turn 145, 700 AD: Sitting Bull's Caravel 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 16 (68/100HP)
    Turn 145, 700 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 24 (52/100HP)
    Turn 145, 700 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 24 (28/100HP)
    Turn 145, 700 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 24 (4/100HP)
    Turn 145, 700 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 24 (0/100HP)
    Turn 145, 700 AD: Sitting Bull's Caravel 1 (West Palm Beech) has defeated Barbarian's Galley!
    Turn 145, 700 AD: You have trained a Catapult in West Palm Beech. Work has now begun on a Crossbowman.
    Turn 145, 700 AD: Hamilcar Barca (Great General) has been born in Persepolis (Darius I)!

Turn 146, 720 AD: Elm has grown to size 10.
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Bismarck is the worst enemy of Stalin.
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Stalin is the worst enemy of Bismarck.
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Gandhi is the worst enemy of Tokugawa.
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Bismarck will trade Copper
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Stalin will trade Copper
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Will Trade Map: Bismarck
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Mangrove has been founded.
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Aspen will grow to size 12 on the next turn.
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Ironwood will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Bloodwood will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Plato (Great Scientist) has been born in Ombú (Sitting Bull)!
    Turn 146, 720 AD: You have trained a Crossbowman in West Palm Beech. Work has now begun on a Trebuchet.
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Leaders of Buddhism have a vision of uniting all Buddhist faithful under the The Apostolic Palace.
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Bismarck has completed The Apostolic Palace!
    Turn 146, 720 AD: Nicolaus Copernicus (Great Scientist) has been born in a far away land!

Turn 147, 740 AD: Aspen has grown to size 12.
    Turn 147, 740 AD: Ironwood has grown to size 5.
    Turn 147, 740 AD: Bloodwood has grown to size 5.
    Turn 147, 740 AD: Stalin is the worst enemy of Darius I.
    Turn 147, 740 AD: Pine will shrink to size 8 on the next turn.

Turn 148, 760 AD: Pine has shrunk to size 8.
    Turn 148, 760 AD: Darius I is the worst enemy of Stalin.
    Turn 148, 760 AD: The borders of Mangrove are about to expand.
    Turn 148, 760 AD: Gandhi will trade Theology
    Turn 148, 760 AD: Asoka will trade Theology
    Turn 148, 760 AD: You have discovered Theology!
    Turn 148, 760 AD: Oak will grow to size 10 on the next turn.
    Turn 148, 760 AD: Elm will grow to size 11 on the next turn.

Save can be found here.

fractals likes this.
  9. Cactus Pete

Hope you got big bucks for HBR.
    What has scout learned about the deployment of units by the warring factions?
    Concur with ZB that finding out what Asoka and/or Gandhi is researching may be good value, so please consider that.
    I'm still for Drama next and waiting as long as we can for CS trade, which is probably at least until we are approaching holding (or the reasonable prospect of holding) enough gold to research it and perhaps Paper as well.
    Using last GS for Education would seem optimal as long as there is a high likelihood that we will be able to get to Liberalism first. If not, then perhaps for PP (and we tech Steel the hard way).
    If we're going to war, we need to switch civics soon. I don't see a problem with next turn.

Good luck with Yayoi.

Appreciate the opportunity to provide input and will try to check the thread regularly and continue to do so when able, but you're green from me to play whenever you can, unless a momentous decision looms.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 12:37 PM
    fractals likes this.
  10. NobleZarkon

Playing again ....

EDIT:

Yayoi razed as planned, there's another archer to the West but our crossbowman sees him off. Our Chariot has a promotion available, I'm thinking we could make him into a Medic.

Darius asks us to cancel deals with Stalin, agree. He's going to be our passage to an AP victory. Our scout gets kicked out of Russia but but not before seeing Moscow has 2 Archers and an Axe defending it and it has the Statue of Zeus (100% WW for opponents) so thinking it might be the first city to target. Buddhism is present in Novgorod so we'll target that as well.

Toku asks us to cancel deals with Gandhi, refuse. He's going to die anyway :)

Put ESPs on Asoka and Gandhi, Asoka has 1 turn left on currency so I sell it to him for 60g. Gandhi is 2 turns away from Music.

Our workers don't have much to do right now - do we want to build some cottages on the islands or do we leave jungle / forest just in case??

Gandhi now has Music and will trade it for Engineering and 100g, don't see any point right now.

Darius asks us to join war against Stalin, agree as we discussed. Looking to get a couple of Knights over soon to cause havoc! Our Scout is killed by a Russian HA.

Bismarck has kindly built the Hagia Sophia for us in Berlin alongside the Apostolic Palace which definitely points me towards an AP win.

Darius has Banking and will trade it with Civil Service and 30g for Astronomy, I don't see any reason to say no but am pausing because we need to decide what civics we want to run. I'm assuming we want to stick with Vassalage for the 13 free units as much as the 2xp. Mercantilism will allow us to run a free scientist everywhere we have a library but we lose foreign trade routes. We have 4 off shore cities and could build another so I think we would be ok but any advice / opinions appreciated.

I'm planning to play again about 0900 UK time tomorrow morning then another session in the evening.

Spoiler SGOTM Log :

Turn 148, 760 AD: You have discovered Theology!
    Turn 148, 760 AD: You have discovered Chemistry!
    Turn 148, 760 AD: The borders of Mangrove have expanded!
    Turn 148, 760 AD: Auitzotl (Great General) has been born in St. Petersburg (Stalin)!

Turn 149, 780 AD: The revolution has begun!!!
    Turn 149, 780 AD: Sitting Bull adopts Slavery!
    Turn 149, 780 AD: Sitting Bull adopts Theocracy!
    Turn 149, 780 AD: The anarchy is over! Your government is re-established.
    Turn 149, 780 AD: Mani (Great Prophet) has been born in Persepolis (Darius I)!
    Turn 149, 780 AD: Al-Khwarizmi (Great Scientist) has been born in Delhi (Gandhi)!

Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) (5.00) vs Barbarian's Archer (3.90)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Combat Odds: 81.3%
    Turn 150, 800 AD: (Fortify: +25%)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: (City Defense: +50%)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: (City Attack: -45%)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 22 (78/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 17 (66/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 22 (56/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 17 (49/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 17 (32/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 22 (34/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 17 (15/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 17 (0/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer has defeated Sitting Bull's Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech)!
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 1 (Oak) (6.00) vs Barbarian's Archer (3.16)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Combat Odds: 96.8%
    Turn 150, 800 AD: (City Attack: -55%)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 26 (62/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 26 (36/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 1 (Oak) is hit for 15 (85/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 1 (Oak) is hit for 15 (70/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 1 (Oak) is hit for 15 (55/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 26 (10/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 1 (Oak) is hit for 15 (40/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 26 (0/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 1 (Oak) has defeated Barbarian's Archer!
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 2 (West Palm Beech) (6.00) vs Barbarian's Archer (3.16)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Combat Odds: 96.8%
    Turn 150, 800 AD: (City Attack: -55%)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 26 (62/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 26 (36/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 2 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 15 (85/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 2 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 15 (70/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 26 (10/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 2 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 15 (55/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 2 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 15 (40/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 26 (0/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Swordsman 2 (West Palm Beech) has defeated Barbarian's Archer!
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Chariot 2 (Pine) (4.40) vs Barbarian's Archer (1.78)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Combat Odds: 99.5%
    Turn 150, 800 AD: (Extra Combat: -10%)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 22 (12/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Chariot 2 (Pine) is hit for 17 (83/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 22 (0/100HP)
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Sitting Bull's Chariot 2 (Pine) has defeated Barbarian's Archer!
    Turn 150, 800 AD: You have captured Yayoi!!!
    Turn 150, 800 AD: You have destroyed the city of Yayoi!!!
    Turn 150, 800 AD: Gandhi adopts Vassalage!

Turn 151, 820 AD: You have trained Confucian Missionary in Pine. Work has now begun on Confucian Missionary.
    Turn 151, 820 AD: Bismarck has completed The Hagia Sophia!
    Turn 151, 820 AD: Darius I has completed Mausoleum of Maussollos!
    Turn 151, 820 AD: Stalin adopts Theocracy!
    Turn 151, 820 AD: Giovanni de Medici (Great Merchant) has been born in Madras (Asoka)!

Turn 152, 840 AD: Sitting Bull's Crossbowman 1 (Oak) (6.00) vs Barbarian's Archer (3.75)
    Turn 152, 840 AD: Combat Odds: 97.6%
    Turn 152, 840 AD: (Plot Defense: +50%)
    Turn 152, 840 AD: (Combat: -25%)
    Turn 152, 840 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 25 (75/100HP)
    Turn 152, 840 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 25 (50/100HP)
    Turn 152, 840 AD: Sitting Bull's Crossbowman 1 (Oak) is hit for 15 (85/100HP)
    Turn 152, 840 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 25 (25/100HP)
    Turn 152, 840 AD: Barbarian's Archer is hit for 25 (0/100HP)
    Turn 152, 840 AD: Sitting Bull's Crossbowman 1 (Oak) has defeated Barbarian's Archer!
    Turn 152, 840 AD: Darius I adopts Mercantilism!
    Turn 152, 840 AD: Confucianism has spread in Dariush Kabir.

Turn 153, 860 AD: You have declared war on Stalin!
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Confucianism has spread in West Palm Beech.
    Turn 153, 860 AD: You have trained a Work Boat in West Palm Beech. Work has now begun on a Knight.
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Allan Pinkerton (Great Spy) has been born in Berlin (Bismarck)!
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Stalin's Horse Archer (7.20) vs Sitting Bull's Scout 2 (Oak) (1.00)
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Combat Odds: 100.0%
    Turn 153, 860 AD: (Extra Combat: -20%)
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Sitting Bull's Scout 2 (Oak) is hit for 44 (56/100HP)
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Sitting Bull's Scout 2 (Oak) is hit for 44 (12/100HP)
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Stalin's Horse Archer is hit for 9 (91/100HP)
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Stalin's Horse Archer is hit for 9 (82/100HP)
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Stalin's Horse Archer is hit for 9 (73/100HP)
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Sitting Bull's Scout 2 (Oak) is hit for 44 (0/100HP)
    Turn 153, 860 AD: Stalin's Horse Archer has defeated Sitting Bull's Scout 2 (Oak)!

Turn 154, 880 AD: You have trained Confucian Missionary in Pine. Work has now begun on a Trebuchet.
    Turn 154, 880 AD: You have trained a Knight in West Palm Beech. Work has now begun on a Trebuchet.

Turn 155, 900 AD: Elm has grown to size 13.
    Turn 155, 900 AD: Bloodwood can hurry Galleon for 3⇴ with 19ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
    Turn 155, 900 AD: Mangrove has grown to size 2.
    Turn 155, 900 AD: Gandhi is the worst enemy of Tokugawa.
    Turn 155, 900 AD: Confucianism has spread in Elm.
    Turn 155, 900 AD: Pine will grow to size 8 on the next turn.
    Turn 155, 900 AD: Aspen will grow to size 13 on the next turn.
    Turn 155, 900 AD: You have constructed a Barracks in Elm. Work has now begun on a Galleon.

Turn 156, 920 AD: Pine has grown to size 8.
    Turn 156, 920 AD: Pine can hurry Trebuchet for 3⇴ with 28ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 15 turns.
    Turn 156, 920 AD: Aspen has grown to size 13.
    Turn 156, 920 AD: Ironwood can hurry Musketman for 3⇴ with 27ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
    Turn 156, 920 AD: Oak will grow to size 12 on the next turn.
    Turn 156, 920 AD: You have trained a Galleon in Elm. Work has now begun on a Musketman.
    Turn 156, 920 AD: Galileo Galilei (Great Scientist) has been born in a far away land!

Turn 157, 940 AD: Oak has grown to size 12.
    Turn 157, 940 AD: West Palm Beech can hurry Catapult for 1⇴ with 40ℤ overflow, 9ℴ added to the treasury, and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
    Turn 157, 940 AD: Darius I will trade Civil Service
    Turn 157, 940 AD: Pine will grow to size 9 on the next turn.
    Turn 157, 940 AD: Ombú will grow to size 13 on the next turn.
    Turn 157, 940 AD: Elm will grow to size 14 on the next turn.
    Turn 157, 940 AD: Mangrove will grow to size 3 on the next turn.

Spoiler Buffy Log :

Turn 148/500 (760 AD) [19-May-2017 19:24:56]
    0% Research: 37 per turn
    100% Gold: 50 per turn, 102 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Tech research finished: Chemistry
    Oak grows to size 10
    Elm grows to size 11
    Mangrove's borders expand

Other Player Actions:
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Bismarck (Germany), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Darius I (Persia), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 149/500 (780 AD) [19-May-2017 19:25:00]
    Research begun: Drama (10 Turns)
    Research begun: Civil Service (4 Turns)

West Palm Beech begins: Knight (4 turns)
    A Fishing Boats was built near Mangrove
    A Fishing Boats was built near Mangrove

0% Research: 0 per turn
    0% Espionage: 0 per turn
    100% Gold: 11 per turn, 152 in the bank

After End Turn:

Other Player Actions:
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Darius I (Persia), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
    Attitude Change: Tokugawa (Japan) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Civics Change: Sitting Bull(Native America) from 'Caste System' to 'Slavery'
    Civics Change: Sitting Bull(Native America) from 'Pacifism' to 'Theocracy'

Turn 150/500 (800 AD) [19-May-2017 19:33:44]
    Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) promoted: City Raider I
    Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) promoted: City Raider II

While attacking, Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) escapes from Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 81.3%)
    While attacking in Barbarian territory at Yayoi, Catapult 1 (West Palm Beech) loses to Barbarian Archer (1.02/3) (Prob Victory: 81.3%)

While attacking, Swordsman 1 (Oak) decimates Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 96.8%)
    While attacking in Barbarian territory at Yayoi, Swordsman 1 (Oak) (2.40/6) defeats Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 96.8%)
    While attacking, Swordsman 2 (West Palm Beech) decimates Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 96.8%)
    While attacking in Barbarian territory at Yayoi, Swordsman 2 (West Palm Beech) (2.40/6) defeats Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 96.8%)
    While attacking, Chariot 2 (Pine) decimates Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 99.5%)
    While attacking in Barbarian territory at Yayoi, Chariot 2 (Pine) (3.32/4) defeats Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 99.5%)

Captured Yayoi (Barbarian)
    Razed Yayoi
    Yayoi lost

Elm begins: Galleon (1 turns)
    Elm begins: Musketman (10 turns)
    Pine begins: Confucian Missionary (10 turns)
    Pine begins: Confucian Missionary (10 turns)

0% Research: 15 per turn
    100% Espionage: 175 per turn
    0% Gold: -121 per turn, 226 in the bank

After End Turn:
    A Hamlet was built near Ombú

Other Player Actions:
    Civics Change: Gandhi(India) from 'Barbarism' to 'Vassalage'

Turn 151/500 (820 AD) [19-May-2017 19:41:38]
    Diplomacy: Bismarck (Germany) offers to trade World Map to Sitting Bull (Native America) for World Map
    Diplomacy: Sitting Bull (Native America) rejects trade of World Map to Bismarck (Germany) for World Map
    Diplomacy (Embargo Request): Darius I (Persia) asks Sitting Bull (Native America) to stop trading with Stalin (Russia); Sitting Bull AGREES.
    Diplomacy (Embargo Request): Tokugawa (Japan) asks Sitting Bull (Native America) to stop trading with Gandhi (India); Sitting Bull REFUSES.
    Tech traded to Asoka (India): Currency
    Research begun: Paper (4 Turns)

Crossbowman 1 (Oak) promoted: Cover
    Crossbowman 1 (Oak) promoted: Drill II

0% Research: 7 per turn
    100% Gold: 58 per turn, 165 in the bank

After End Turn:
    The whip was applied in Pine
    Pine finishes: Confucian Missionary
    Elm grows to size 12

Other Player Actions:
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
    Attitude Change: Asoka (India) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'

Civics Change: Stalin(Russia) from 'Organized Religion' to 'Theocracy'

Turn 152/500 (840 AD) [19-May-2017 20:00:35]
    A Mine was built near Mangrove
    While attacking, Crossbowman 1 (Oak) decimates Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 97.6%)
    While attacking in the wild, Crossbowman 1 (Oak) (5.10/6) defeats Barbarian Archer (Prob Victory: 97.6%)

West Palm Beech begins: Work Boat (2 turns)
    100% Gold: 59 per turn, 223 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Oak grows to size 11
    Oak finishes: Trebuchet
    A Hamlet was built near Ombú
    Ironwood grows to size 6

Other Player Actions:
    Civics Change: Darius I(Persia) from 'Decentralization' to 'Mercantilism'

Turn 153/500 (860 AD) [19-May-2017 20:13:29]
    Diplomacy (War Request): Darius I (Persia) asks Sitting Bull (Native America) to declare war on Stalin (Russia); Sitting Bull AGREES.
    Sitting Bull (Native America) declares war on Stalin (Russia)
    Oak begins: Stable (5 turns)
    Confucianism has spread: West Palm Beech
    100% Gold: 56 per turn, 282 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Pine grows to size 7
    Ombú grows to size 12

West Palm Beech finishes: Work Boat
    Bloodwood grows to size 6
    Bloodwood finishes: Granary

Other Player Actions:
    While defending in Russian territory at Rostov, Scout 2 (Oak) loses to Russian Horse Archer (4.38/6) (Prob Victory: 0.0%)
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Cautious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 154/500 (880 AD) [19-May-2017 20:26:45]
    Bloodwood begins: Galleon (20 turns)
    100% Gold: 57 per turn, 338 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Pine finishes: Confucian Missionary
    A Town was built near Pine
    West Palm Beech finishes: Knight
    Elm grows to size 13
    Ironwood finishes: War Elephant
    Mangrove grows to size 2

Turn 155/500 (900 AD) [19-May-2017 20:29:04]
    Diplomacy: Gandhi (India) offers to trade Music to Sitting Bull (Native America) for Engineering
    Diplomacy: Sitting Bull (Native America) rejects trade of Engineering to Gandhi (India) for Music
    Ironwood begins: Musketman (12 turns)
    Confucianism has spread: Elm
    Pine begins: Trebuchet (16 turns)
    100% Gold: 58 per turn, 395 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Pine grows to size 8
    West Palm Beech finishes: Trebuchet
    Aspen grows to size 13
    Elm finishes: Barracks

Turn 156/500 (920 AD) [19-May-2017 20:32:17]
    West Palm Beech begins: Catapult (2 turns)
    A Cottage was built near Mangrove
    A Whaling Boats was built near Mangrove

100% Gold: 57 per turn, 453 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Oak grows to size 12
    Oak finishes: Stable
    Ombú finishes: War Elephant
    Elm finishes: Galleon

Turn 157/500 (940 AD) [19-May-2017 20:33:05]
    Oak begins: Knight (6 turns)
    Ombú begins: Catapult (8 turns)

Save here.

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 3:50 PM
    fractals likes this.
  11. zbgayumn

zbgayumn Chieftain

So, it looks like it's time to whip fairly aggressively to get an army over to Stalin. Nice progress in a single day!

I guess we don't technically need CS, but I think we take the trade with Darius anyway. It will make Paper cheaper and give us Maces to build. Probably not a lot of Maces, but CR2 Maces are generally better for city attack than Muskets. I'd also take Drama + 40 gold for Optics to Asoka.

We won't be able to use GS on PP, and I still think Education -> Lib is the way to go.

I'm not sure about Mercantilism... I think the specialist would offset any loss in trade routes, but cities without a Library would only be able to run a 1 hammer Citizen. That's 5 of our 9 cities, so maybe pass on Merc.

Workers: Put a couple workshops next to Elm. I'd also recommend putting them on the islands for Aspen, Ironwood, and Bloodwood.

Religious Victory:

I'll sketch out the steps as I know them, but feel free to correct me NZ

1. Take AP from Bismarck. Take the rest of Bismarck's cities.
    2. Switch to Org Rel to produce missionaries.
    3. Send 1 mish plus 1 backup to each civ to spread Buddhism
    4. Get elected Resident using our majority from German cities
    5. Once Buddhism reaches all surviving civs, propose Victory vote
    6. Shoot for ~65% of the vote in our own cities and 10-15% for Darius to put us over the top

Things to watch out for:
    Darius might drop Confu for Free Religion. We must keep him friendly.
    We don't want anyone adopting Buddhism as their state religion. I doubt this will be a problem though.
    Other civs running Theocracy. If we can't spread, gift them the missionary and hope they do it.
    Toku probably won't give us open borders, so killing him is still on the agenda.

Hagia Sophia! :drool: :assimilate: Thank you, Bismarck!

Last edited: May 19, 2017 at 10:11 PM
    fractals likes this.
  12. Cactus Pete

Plan would presumably be to trade for CS, research Paper, bulb/research Ed, and then research Liberalism for Steel.

fractals likes this.
  13. zbgayumn

zbgayumn Chieftain

Sounds good to me.

Re: conquering
    First Stalin, then Bismarck. Then we'll probably have some time where we're trying to get Medicine and build Preserves. We'll still have an army, so we can send them after Toku. We should be able to leave the two Indians alone. Leaving Darius alone means only 48 forests, but that's still OK since we can bribe people into Enviro and they can't change for 5 turns.

fractals likes this.
  14. Cactus Pete

Follow that.

Does Stalin (and Bismarck) need to be completely eliminated, and can we gift Russian cities that are a drain on our treasury to Darius (after we've whipped them for units)?

Note that the acquisition of Stalin's city with horses before Darius gets there would allow us to get resources back from Darius and still produce knights..

fractals likes this.
  15. NobleZarkon

Yes.

OK

Agreed.

fractals likes this.
  16. NobleZarkon

That's about it however I think rather than giving them missionaries we might be able to build cities near them and gift / liberate them with Buddhism in them. The advantage of that is we are then in total control of when we want the vote to happen. I'll scout out some possible city locations in my next set. I think even with the loss of shared religion we should be OK with Darius, he's our BFF :)

fractals likes this.
  17. NobleZarkon

Yes we'll keep Moscow, Novgorod (Buddhism) and Rostov (Horses) the rest we'll whip till they bleed then gift to Darius :mischief:

fractals likes this.
  18. NobleZarkon

OK fairly quiet session, troop buildup for Stalin nearly complete. Lost a Knight to an Elephant, Ivory now pillaged and I'm positioning Knights to pillage his copper once our troops are ready to strike.

I've created a Gift City for India but that was maybe a mistake given the drain it is on our resources. Once it finishes it's garrison I'll probably just build wealth there.

Stalin and Bismarck have ended their war. I've got a Taoist Missionary scouting German lands.

Part bulbed Education as discussed and it's now become available from Darius who wants Gunpowder for it. My plan is to do that trade and then run 0% research until we have enough to tech liberalism, I'm concerned that Darius might go for it but with Gunpowder he will hopefully pursue military techs instead. I'm a bit concerned at our tech rate and once our troops leave our borders that will fall again. I wonder whether building wealth once our initial troop buildup is complete enabling us to get to Liberalism first might be the answer.

Spoiler Buffy Log :

Turn 157/500 (940 AD) [20-May-2017 07:47:38]
    Tech traded to Darius I (Persia): Astronomy
    Tech acquired (trade, lightbulb, hut, espionage): Civil Service
    Tech acquired (trade, lightbulb, hut, espionage): Banking

Bloodwood begins: Settler (13 turns)
    West Palm Beech begins: Trebuchet (4 turns)

Tech traded to Asoka (India): Optics
    Tech acquired (trade, lightbulb, hut, espionage): Drama

100% Research: 218 per turn
    0% Culture: 31 per turn
    0% Gold: -132 per turn, 470 in the bank

After End Turn:
    The whip was applied in Aspen
    Pine grows to size 9
    Ombú grows to size 13

West Palm Beech finishes: Catapult
    Aspen finishes: Galleon

Elm grows to size 14
    Mangrove grows to size 3

Other Player Actions:
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Annoyed' to 'Furious'
    Attitude Change: Gandhi (India) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Pleased' to 'Cautious'
    Attitude Change: Asoka (India) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'

Turn 158/500 (960 AD) [20-May-2017 07:52:41]
    Aspen begins: Trebuchet (27 turns)
    Aspen begins: Trebuchet (27 turns)

100% Research: 222 per turn
    0% Gold: -137 per turn, 338 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Ironwood grows to size 7

Other Player Actions:
    While defending just off shore, Caravel 1 (West Palm Beech) (2.55/3) defeats Barbarian Galley (Prob Victory: 97.0%)
    Civics Change: Bismarck(Germany) from 'Organized Religion' to 'Theocracy'

Turn 159/500 (980 AD) [20-May-2017 07:55:53]
    Caravel 1 (West Palm Beech) promoted: Combat II
    Tech traded to Bismarck (Germany): Optics
    Tech traded to Tokugawa (Japan): Optics
    Tech traded to Gandhi (India): Optics

Pine begins: Trebuchet (10 turns)
    Ombú begins: Trebuchet (12 turns)
    West Palm Beech begins: Maceman (3 turns)

40% Research: 89 per turn
    60% Gold: -21 per turn, 91 in the bank

After End Turn:
    The whip was applied in Oak
    The whip was applied in Bloodwood

Oak grows to size 11
    Oak finishes: Knight
    Pine grows to size 8
    Pine finishes: Trebuchet
    Aspen grows to size 12
    Elm grows to size 15

Bloodwood finishes: Settler

Other Player Actions:
    Attitude Change: Gandhi (India) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Cautious' to 'Pleased'
    Attitude Change: Tokugawa (Japan) towards Sitting Bull (Native America), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'

Turn 160/500 (1000 AD) [20-May-2017 08:05:27]
    Tech traded to Darius I (Persia): Drama
    Tech acquired (trade, lightbulb, hut, espionage): Paper
    Research begun: Education (313 Turns)

Ironwood begins: Maceman (70 turns)
    A Cottage was built near Mangrove
    A Cottage was built near Bloodwood

0% Research: 18 per turn
    100% Gold: 44 per turn, 130 in the bank

After End Turn:
    The whip was applied in Ironwood
    Pine grows to size 9
    Ombú grows to size 14

Ironwood finishes: Musketman

Turn 161/500 (1010 AD) [20-May-2017 08:10:02]
    100% Gold: 50 per turn, 174 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Whip anger has decreased in Pine
    Ironwood grows to size 6
    Bloodwood grows to size 4

Other Player Actions:
    Civics Change: Gandhi(India) from 'Vassalage' to 'Bureaucracy'
    Civics Change: Asoka(India) from 'Decentralization' to 'Mercantilism'

Turn 162/500 (1020 AD) [20-May-2017 08:14:21]
    Diplomacy: Darius I (Persia) offers to trade World Map to Sitting Bull (Native America) for World Map
    Diplomacy: Sitting Bull (Native America) accepts trade of World Map to Darius I (Persia) for World Map
    A Workshop was built near Ergili
    100% Gold: 55 per turn, 224 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Aspen finishes: Trebuchet
    Mangrove grows to size 4

Turn 163/500 (1030 AD) [20-May-2017 08:16:54]
    A Workshop was built near Elm
    A Workshop was built near Elm
    Cahokia founded

Gift City India begins: Longbowman (25 turns)
    100% Gold: 49 per turn, 279 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Pine grows to size 10
    Ombú grows to size 15

West Palm Beech finishes: Maceman
    Aspen grows to size 11

Other Player Actions:
    While defending in Russian territory near Sardis, Knight 1 (West Palm Beech) loses to Russian War Elephant (2.24/8) (Prob Victory: 27.0%)

Turn 164/500 (1040 AD) [20-May-2017 08:19:44]
    Diplomacy: Asoka (India) offers to trade Music to Sitting Bull (Native America) for Paper
    Diplomacy: Sitting Bull (Native America) rejects trade of Paper to Asoka (India) for Music
    West Palm Beech begins: Trebuchet (4 turns)
    0% Research: 3 per turn
    100% Gold: 45 per turn, 328 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Oak grows to size 12
    Oak finishes: Knight
    Pine's borders expand
    Ombú finishes: Catapult
    Elm finishes: Musketman

Bloodwood grows to size 5

Other Player Actions:
    Stalin (Russia) and Bismarck (Germany) have signed a peace treaty
    Attitude Change: Bismarck (Germany) towards Stalin (Russia), from 'Annoyed' to 'Cautious'
    Attitude Change: Stalin (Russia) towards Bismarck (Germany), from 'Furious' to 'Annoyed'

Turn 165/500 (1050 AD) [20-May-2017 08:21:45]
    Oak begins: Catapult (4 turns)
    Elm begins: Catapult (5 turns)
    Pine begins: Catapult (5 turns)

100% Gold: 46 per turn, 373 in the bank

After End Turn:

Pine grows to size 10
    Pine finishes: Trebuchet
    Aspen finishes: Trebuchet

Elm's borders expand
    Ironwood grows to size 7

Turn 166/500 (1060 AD) [20-May-2017 08:23:36]
    Aspen begins: Catapult (17 turns)
    A Workshop was built near Ergili
    West Palm Beech begins: Galleon (4 turns)
    100% Gold: 38 per turn, 419 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Aspen grows to size 10
    Mangrove grows to size 5

Turn 167/500 (1070 AD) [20-May-2017 08:28:39]
    A Workshop was built near Mangrove
    Pine begins: Maceman (7 turns)

100% Gold: 38 per turn, 457 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Whip anger has decreased in Aspen
    Ombú grows to size 16
    Bloodwood grows to size 6

Turn 168/500 (1080 AD) [20-May-2017 08:45:42]
    A Camp near Moscow was destroyed by Native American Knight 2 (Oak) (3 gold)
    A Road near Moscow was destroyed by Native American Knight 2 (Oak)

Mangrove begins: Longbowman (6 turns)
    100% Gold: 36 per turn, 498 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Oak grows to size 13
    Oak finishes: Catapult
    Pine grows to size 11
    Elm finishes: Catapult
    Mangrove finishes: Granary

Turn 169/500 (1090 AD) [20-May-2017 08:47:02]
    Elm begins: Knight (8 turns)
    Elm begins: Galleon (7 turns)
    Ombú begins: Galleon (12 turns)

100% Research: 258 per turn
    0% Gold: -174 per turn, 534 in the bank

After End Turn:
    Whip anger has decreased in Oak
    The whip was applied in Ombú
    Whip anger has decreased in Bloodwood
    Pine finishes: Catapult
    Ombú finishes: Trebuchet
    West Palm Beech finishes: Galleon

Aspen grows to size 11

Spoiler SGOTM Log :

Turn 157, 940 AD: You have discovered Civil Service!
    Turn 157, 940 AD: You have discovered Banking!
    Turn 157, 940 AD: You have discovered Drama!
    Turn 157, 940 AD: You have trained a Catapult in West Palm Beech. Work has now begun on a Trebuchet.

Turn 158, 960 AD: Bismarck adopts Theocracy!
    Turn 158, 960 AD: Barbarian's Galley (2.00) vs Sitting Bull's Caravel 1 (West Palm Beech) (3.60)
    Turn 158, 960 AD: Combat Odds: 3.0%
    Turn 158, 960 AD: (Extra Combat: +10%)
    Turn 158, 960 AD: (Plot Defense: +10%)
    Turn 158, 960 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 26 (74/100HP)
    Turn 158, 960 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 26 (48/100HP)
    Turn 158, 960 AD: Sitting Bull's Caravel 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 15 (85/100HP)
    Turn 158, 960 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 26 (22/100HP)
    Turn 158, 960 AD: Barbarian's Galley is hit for 26 (0/100HP)
    Turn 158, 960 AD: Sitting Bull's Caravel 1 (West Palm Beech) has defeated Barbarian's Galley!

Turn 159, 980 AD: You have trained a Knight in Oak. Work has now begun on a Knight.
    Turn 159, 980 AD: You have trained a Trebuchet in Pine. Work has now begun on a Trebuchet.
    Turn 159, 980 AD: You have trained a Settler in Bloodwood. Work has now begun on a Galleon.
    Turn 159, 980 AD: Bismarck has completed The Spiral Minaret!

Turn 160, 1000 AD: You have discovered Paper!
    Turn 160, 1000 AD: You have trained a Trebuchet in West Palm Beech. Work has now begun on a Maceman.
    Turn 160, 1000 AD: You have trained a Musketman in Ironwood. Work has now begun on a Maceman.
    Turn 160, 1000 AD: Confucianism has spread in Ghulaman.
    Turn 160, 1000 AD: Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (Great Artist) has been born in Vijayanagara (Asoka)!

Turn 161, 1010 AD: Gandhi adopts Bureaucracy!
    Turn 161, 1010 AD: Asoka adopts Mercantilism!

Turn 162, 1020 AD: You have trained a Trebuchet in Aspen. Work has now begun on a Trebuchet.
    Turn 162, 1020 AD: Confucianism has spread in Tarsus.
    Turn 162, 1020 AD: John Dalton (Great Scientist) has been born in Delhi (Gandhi)!

Turn 163, 1030 AD: Gift City India has been founded.
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Georgy Zhukov (Great General) has been born in Susa (Darius I)!
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Stalin's War Elephant (8.00) vs Sitting Bull's Knight 1 (West Palm Beech) (6.66)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Combat Odds: 73.0%
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: (Combat: -50%)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Stalin's War Elephant is hit for 18 (82/100HP)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Sitting Bull's Knight 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 21 (79/100HP)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Stalin's War Elephant is hit for 18 (64/100HP)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Stalin's War Elephant is hit for 18 (46/100HP)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Sitting Bull's Knight 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 21 (58/100HP)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Stalin's War Elephant is hit for 18 (28/100HP)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Sitting Bull's Knight 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 21 (37/100HP)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Sitting Bull's Knight 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 21 (16/100HP)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Sitting Bull's Knight 1 (West Palm Beech) is hit for 21 (0/100HP)
    Turn 163, 1030 AD: Stalin's War Elephant has defeated Sitting Bull's Knight 1 (West Palm Beech)!

Turn 164, 1040 AD: The borders of Pine have expanded!
    Turn 164, 1040 AD: You have trained a Catapult in Ombú. Work has now begun on a Trebuchet.
    Turn 164, 1040 AD: Joseph Conrad (Great Artist) has been born in Persepolis (Darius I)!
    Turn 164, 1040 AD: Stalin has made peace with Bismarck!

Turn 165, 1050 AD: You have trained a Trebuchet in Pine. Work has now begun on a Catapult.
    Turn 165, 1050 AD: The borders of Elm have expanded!
    Turn 165, 1050 AD: Enrico Fermi (Great Scientist) has been born in Agra (Asoka)!
    Turn 165, 1050 AD: Louis Pasteur (Great Scientist) has been born in a far away land!

Turn 166, 1060 AD: You have trained a Trebuchet in West Palm Beech. Work has now begun on a Galleon.
    Turn 166, 1060 AD: Ivan the Terrible (Great General) has been born in St. Petersburg (Stalin)!
    Turn 166, 1060 AD: Narayana Guru (Great Prophet) has been born in Moscow (Stalin)!

Turn 167, 1070 AD: Bismarck has completed University of Sankore!
    Turn 167, 1070 AD: Asoka has completed Notre Dame!

Turn 168, 1080 AD: Oak can hurry Catapult for 1⇴ with 45ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 11 turns.
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: Pine can hurry Catapult for 1⇴ with 27ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 23 turns.
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: Ombú has grown to size 16.
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: Ombú has become unhappy.
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: West Palm Beech can hurry Galleon for 2⇴ with 48ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: Bloodwood has grown to size 6.
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: Asoka won't trade Music
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: You have plundered 3ℴ from the Camp!
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: Oak will grow to size 13 on the next turn.
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: Pine will grow to size 11 on the next turn.
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: You have trained a Catapult in Oak. Work has now begun on a Knight.
    Turn 168, 1080 AD: You have constructed a Granary in Mangrove. Work has now begun on a Longbowman.

Turn 169, 1090 AD: Oak has grown to size 13.
    Turn 169, 1090 AD: Pine has grown to size 11.
    Turn 169, 1090 AD: Aspen will become unhappy on the next turn.
    Turn 169, 1090 AD: Darius I has 340 gold available for trade.
    Turn 169, 1090 AD: Aspen will grow to size 11 on the next turn.
    Turn 169, 1090 AD: You have trained a Catapult in Pine. Work has now begun on a Maceman.
    Turn 169, 1090 AD: You have trained a Trebuchet in Ombú. Work has now begun on a Galleon.
    Turn 169, 1090 AD: You have trained a Galleon in West Palm Beech. Work has now begun on a Maceman.

Turn 170, 1100 AD: Ombú has become happy.
    Turn 170, 1100 AD: Ombú can hurry Galleon for 4⇴ with 7ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 19 turns.
    Turn 170, 1100 AD: Aspen has grown to size 11.
    Turn 170, 1100 AD: Aspen has become unhappy.
    Turn 170, 1100 AD: Elm can hurry Galleon for 3⇴ with 35ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
    Turn 170, 1100 AD: Mangrove can hurry Longbowman for 2⇴ with 27ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
    Turn 170, 1100 AD: Darius I will trade Education
    Turn 170, 1100 AD: Elm will grow to size 16 on the next turn.
    Turn 170, 1100 AD: Ironwood will grow to size 8 on the next turn.
    Turn 170, 1100 AD: Bloodwood will grow to size 7 on the next turn.

Save can be found here.

fractals likes this.
  19. Cactus Pete

Not sure I'm able to see your most recent save, but the save at Central shows a pig-for-sugar trade with G and a Drama-for-90-gold trade with B that should at least be considered.

Also, note no spy points assigned. Why not put them all on India to keep up with the research there (only 4 points short of that)?

Save can be found here. No, it can't.

fractals likes this.
  20. NobleZarkon

I basically want to put everything into the Liberalism race, once we (hopefully) win that then we can do some espionage again e.g. by running 100% for one turn.

lol - I was worried I was overdoing it!!

Noted re the trades, thanks.

Re scouting I haven't seen any big stacks from anybody yet.

The Knight in Oak is one of the two heading for the Southern copper on turn 1 of the assault.

Uploaded file with game paused.

fractals likes this.