[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Home Slices

Would be tragic if he Settled 1 more city, got a freak New York culture flip,
want me to burn NY to the ground?
I can't imagine he goes from 1 city to 4 cities in the next 3 turns.

I think I'll end early today and upload. Anyone see a reason not to DoW England this turn?
btw, Roosy would not talk on T69, so good thing we didn't DoW 72. He wouldn't talk on 73.

Seriously tho, nice research. Thx

Wait, fatal error.

If the 8000:culture: city is on an island landmass, how do we activate spread culture missions?
Remember, we can't have a city on the same landmass as the colony cities if we want one to form during war.

Have our culture reach across the sea? Maybe if everything was coastal since culture only spreads to ocean 1 deep. hmm

Need to check your idea about if capturing cities and popping culture instantly activates the Spread :culture: mission

want me to burn NY to the ground?
I can't imagine he goes from 1 city to 4 cities in the next 3 turns.

I think I'll end early today and upload. Anyone see a reason not to DoW England this turn?
btw, Roosy would not talk on T69, so good thing we didn't DoW 72. He wouldn't talk on 73.

Holy crap, 4 captured cities did not get peace talks 1 turn later?
We really dodged a bullet!

We might want to burn New York down if possible ya.

If we got 4 cities we can give to England and immediately take back to prevent a colony forming, start the war as soon as possible. :king:
Be careful if you use York, it will instantly get its border pop back.

Last edited:
paused, uploaded.
btw, I'm going to chop Sistine :D unless someone stops me.

Need to check your idea about if capturing cities and popping culture instantly activates the Spread :culture: mission
Oh man, I thought you had confirmed that :blush:. I'm building the Palace just in case, but I would stop if my trick doesn't even work.

AWWWW, testing indicates that capturing a city and getting its borders back does NOT activate the spread culture mission. :cry:
Maybe there is another variation to try.

Spoiler :

bummer. should I just move all the spies to GoldCity?

Tried it again with 100% culture slider, but no change.
Maybe it works if the 8000:culture: city is in revolt when it is gifted?
There's like an impervious 10 tile square of culture once a city is gifted normally.

Sigh, ya move the spies back to Gold City.
If we can't pump the capital's culture until T74, building a new Palace does us no good.

I'm thinking we don't cap Roosy until 73.
One reason would be to keep the option of capping England on T71 or T72 if say a redcoat is about to cause us pain.

Great progress, WT :goodjob:

Ok, so what is out current projection for the victory turn? T74?

I don't fully understand how wonder whips work. What turn are we completing the 20 wonders?

Unless I'm mistaken, we can't get better than #3 in Exports/Imports, because we would need Astro for Roosevelt and Churchill is running Mercantilism. Correct? That sucks because with 97 points civil and only 50 points diplo, it seems to me that we come up only 3pts short after the T71 round of culture spread.

I think too many wonders rely on T74 win vs. T72 or 73.
For example, MoM and now Sistine probably can't be sooner than 74 (that's 21 wonders).
We'd also have a little less land and pop on T72. I have some border pops set for 74 and more cities come out of revolt.

We probably had a good shot at T72 win, but I was told winning before 74 was not worth any effort cus we needed the T73 culture, so everything now is timed for 74. This is probably the price we pay for rushing the final 9 turns.

Last edited:
Globe, Paya, AWat, and Chichen can all be done T72 (but several extra whipped population)
GLib 73
MoM, Sistine 74

(again many border pops and growth is lost for T72 win)

I think too many wonders rely on T74 win vs. T72 or 73.
For example, MoM and now Sistine probably can't be sooner than 74 (that's 21 wonders).
We'd also have a little less land and pop on T72. I have some border pops set for 74 and more cities come out of revolt.

We probably had a good shot at T72 win, but I was told winning before 74 was not worth any effort cus we needed the T73 culture, so everything now is timed for 74. This is probably the price we pay for rushing the final 9 turns.

Heh, definitely my fault.
If I was told T72 victory screen was possible back on T62 when Rome founded its 4th city on a hill, I would have not believed it!

With all the Deity AI with Iron, we faced not a single Spearman the entire game.
A gift from heaven for our horse archer army.

England was pushing to form a colony, the York Longbow could have upgraded to Redcoat at any time, Ottomans could have expanded into the remote south jungle instead of near st. Pete, any AI could have militarily captured a remote barb city since they could have had archers not longbows, France could have settled anywhere on the map due to galleon increasing the Soldiers we needed by 100,000, the colony spy effort was still very experimental (and our strategy linchpin) causing me to build extra spies in 3 core cities etc. etc.

Shoot, T63 Pacal colony would have wrecked our frontline army with 6 Spears that had to be killed by Horse Archers and Chariots.

In short, in my anxiety I started no Wonders until T65, dooming the T72 victory screen.
Sorry!

Later, I said T73 spy points were vital because this competition's point scoring system has already changed rules once, I did not know our dead colonies were really capped at 40 points, we still would not have known we are under 100 military points if Bbp had not said something, and I still don't know if Palace counts as 4 points.

I fear the things we might have missed.
Or we are counting points the judges won't count.

In short, I want to win by a fair amount more than 420 points!

Trying to have won T72 with 421 points is like picking up pennies on the train tracks in my opinion.

Last edited:
In short, in my anxiety I started no Wonders until T65, dooming the T72 victory screen.
Don't blame yourself.
1) It was a team plan
2) It's not true, at T65 it wasn't too late. I could have gotten us all the wonders by 72, but with extra risks/sacrifices.
3) It's hindsight. Cus to chop MoM and Sistine that early, we would have had to give up a lot of horse units for those potential problems (like Ottomans settling SE) (France settling even farther north than Lyons or and island, etc.)

We just didn't have time for a T65 PPP, since I normally can only manage 1-2 turns per day (if I play most of the day)
I also have to agree that if you told me on T65 that I had to kill everyone by T71...6 turns! I'd say: You cray-cray.

T74 win was the logical target with less than a week to play 9 turns.

Yes, no reason to fret over this. I was just asking based on the current save. I wasn't sure how the conquest would happen either.

Now that you mention it, are those 8 extra AP points in play if we cease fire with USA and we capitulate USA and England T71 leaving them with 1 Tao city each?
Or do they have to have >25% AP vote?
Might be able to flip USA or England into Taoism using Gold City and Spies and our :espionage: slider.
A shame we can't do anything on victory screen, like revolting out of Taoism.

2 turns faster does make my greed flare up a bit.

Let me look at the save.
Even 1 turn faster, a T73 win would be worth getting if we just had to reach out and grab it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom