1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Home Slices

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Jan 13, 2018.

1. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

continuing again

2. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Paused and uploaded. Questions at the end of the report above.

3. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Wow, good work sending 4 units to take Mongolia!!!
    That was scary. :eek:

Toku has 2 Workers?
    Maybe we should give him freshly conquered Mongolia and try to lure those Workers out.
    Hmm, no guarantee it would work right away.

A shame the Bomber is so busy right now.
    Might have to leave Toku alone.
    Spoiler :

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  4. babybluepants

babybluepants Deity GOTM Staff

:goodjob: LC!

Mongolia capture! :eek: That makes me want chokos instead of swords even more than I did. Better odds on the first battle and much better odds against the archer.

I think we should at least road, while the worker is on the tile. And, it's 3t to road desert.

I'm against. We should stick with the plan. If we DoW both Churchill and Toku at the same time, Gua loses it's trade connection.

Speaking of the HK capture, and despite the scary results in Mongolia, I would still like to go with just choko+sword against 1 LB. Can we at least have those two on the galley first (move archer off right now), so it's an option?

Can we go pillage Stalin's cow pasture before CF? We could capture the next worker there potentially. When will his borders pop again?

It's nice that nobody has a "you declared war on our friend" yet. :D

5. babybluepants

6. babybluepants

7. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Yes, the plan is to swap the sword for the archer. Put the archer in there just in case. (Note to self: did leaving Gua create :mad:?)

Plan is to complete sword this turn, then 2whip choko for Shanghai with OF into chariot for Gua recapture.

Still working on Bomber Plan #2 for now:

8. babybluepants

You mean the sword that's already completed, right? So, we would have 1 choko + maybe 2 chariots + survivors from HK to attack Shaghai? If we capture HK on T25, we can also get to Shanghai 1t sooner - those units need 4t after HK capture to attack Shanghai from the tile 1S across river. It seems to me that the bomber is unoccupied for 1t either way, so it could just rebase to Beijing.

9. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

@Kait: Actually had one more chariot waiting in the wings, just in case. Chokos rock, swords crock. If I'd known the second worker was going to appear, I'd have re-routed a chariot and postponed Mongolia... I guess letting Toku build some swords isn't so bad. Just means we need more chokos. Bit of a waste of hammers though. Need to think this one through.

@bbp: Don't want to risk pillaging the cows because Moscow has at least 3 units now. Our archer is probably a sitting duck.

On the Moscow slave roading the gold tile. Hm...good idea. Thing is, I realized we have no worker for Mongolia in 3t with all the chopping in Beijing. Kind of a waste. Quandary.

10. babybluepants

Is there any risk once we are able to CF?

11. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

I'm not so excited about only one strike on HK. What are the odds against about 3.7 lbm again?

We'll see where HK's galley is when we bombard. I'm still hoping we can run for it with our galley. I'll have to look at the save to study your ideas more carefully.

Two more thoughts:
    1. Iirc, Tokyo has a worker, so we can think in terms of 3 workers when we attack Toku.
    2. Anyone know if our bomber will teleport from Gua offshore to HK or will it teleport to either Beijing or Yanan?

12. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

:wallbash: Ofc not. :goodjob:

Oh wait, yes, because it's an archer, not a chariot. Takes two turns to pillage.

13. babybluepants

Duh! Nvm :blush:
    But I had you going for a moment :D

14. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Never mind on bomber teleporting. It would teleprot to Yanan before Beijing anyway. I was hoping for Beijing.

15. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Btw, this power thing and Deity AIs CFing with our high power. If we're at war with someone else, does that lower our power rating?

16. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

Teleporting is a science, but it feels more like an art sometimes.
    Assuming air units teleport the same as ground here's how it should work.

1) never teleport off the land mass (to HK) unless there is no valid tile open on the land mass.

2) Although tiles are checked from bottom right like Pollina said, that's only to break ties. You still make the 'shortest' teleport

Unfortunately, it is a tie.
    I calculate that Yanan has a jump value of 24 (distance of 12 * 2)
    Beijing also 24

So, yea, Yanan.

17. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Since we're building the Kremlin straight through and Manchou is now a threat, I think we should 2whip a choko in Yanan asap. It can also run cover for a worker capture. Thoughts?

18. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

On only bomb-strike on HK, I'm getting strike-strike as better, assuming we only knock the LBM down to 3.7/6.0.

3.7 * 174% = 6.438
    3.0 * 190% = 5.7
    3.0 * 175% = 5.25 (bomb-strike-strike)

Seems like the additional 16% bonus is less significant than the +0.7 base strength. Am I missing something?

19. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

upload_2018-2-15_17-22-29.png

Attached Files:

20. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

I just did the above, but have no idea how. Anyone know? I thought I was pasting something else and that appeared...