1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Home Slices

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Jan 13, 2018.

1. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

:confused: What's the problem?

2. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

No clue how I did that screengrab.

3. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Yes, already completed. We could have what you said plus 2 more chariots if we neglect Toku completely. I was planning a T29 capture of Shanghai, with the HK survivors attacking from sea if needed, but you're right, they could land on t28 at 1S.

CHurchill will talk after 2 or 4 turns, depending on our success, so I think we're probably don't have to worry about his galley.

dG has farmed his rice, so he's got us a worker too. Maybe he'll finish the cow pasture before we capture it.

4. babybluepants

babybluepants Deity GOTM Staff

That may be, but I would simulate in game with the choko and sword. The various bonuses can stack in funny ways.

5. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

I use alt+printscr all the time to put the screen on the clipboard. Then you can paste (ctrl+v) into an image editor. I use the old MSPaint.
    I think ctrl+printscr will capture just the window instead of the whole screen. Or maybe it's shift+alt+printscr.

6. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

I approve of whipping 1 additional Choko from our capital to help capture Toku's city.
    The losses in Mongolia were a bit higher than expected, and Toku's resistance will be higher if there is an extra Swordsman to take turns absorbing bomber strikes with the Longbow.
    The Settler and Library in capital can wait.

I don't think trying to grab another Worker from Stalin's capital is the best use of the Archer with Stalin hooking up Iron eventually, no decent border tiles to steal from, and barbs coming eventually.
    Garrisoning the capital frees up any stronger units built in capital to attack.
    With capital and religion, every capital is going to pop borders again around Turn 34 right?

Improving western gold is probably not the best use of our Russian Worker.
    Mongolia is going to pop borders in 12 turns thanks to our (now genius) choosing No Religion, and Mongolia with popped borders is what truly shines.
    3 roads through the north-eastern gold will connect Mongolia to through our empire from 1E of that Oasis I think.
    Roading and improving the western desert gold mine will take about the same time as improving the north-eastern gold mine I think.
    The northern road will connect Mongolia to our empire granting Ivory and trade routes and strategic resources, but will delay our road to the mostly empty west towards Russia's capital.

Workers:
    The current capital worker should improve Watermill and then head up to pasture Sheep by itself.
    The current gold worker should head up to forest 1W of Mongolia to chop forest into Granary.
    The Gold can be improved and Mongolia connected to our empire on T36 using 2 workers. :)

The Mongolia Archer and 2 northern Chariots are going to try to grab some Toku Workers on that floodplain on the southern border?
    Then race to abuse France with Manly Chariots once Bismarck and Toku Worker chances pass?

Bomber teleporting?
    I'm not too sure.
    Every teleport calculation I've made historically has been wrong. :o
    I guess we'll have to skip bombing Hong Kong's borders down from 20%.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  7. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Tested and interestingly, with strike-strike, the sword is fractionally better at just above 73%, Choko just below 73%. With bomb-strike, the sword drops to about 53% and the choko to about 65%. Strike-strike is definitely better. I guess in the case of HK, we go with the disposable sword since there are (knock on wood) no other defenders.

babybluepants likes this.
  8. babybluepants

I think we will need to road 4S of Mongolia, as well.
    Edit: tested and we do need the extra road.
    :thumbsup:

9. babybluepants

Nice work! That's really interesting.
    I wonder how this affects the second defender - archer. Probably also better with strike-strike.

10. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Teleporting bomber from Gua? Goes to Roosy's Chongqing? :D Tested. That reaches Shanghai but not Manchou, but if we go down on HK on t25 as per bbp, then we have a turn to teleport to Beijing for availability to pester Manchou. On the other hand, we could also recon Shanghai a turn before DoW to see how many chariots to send down there. It may have comped an archer, not sure.

11. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

What gave me the idea was Churchill's protective lb. With all that bonus, I thought, the extra 16% is a smaller part of the overall bonus.

12. babybluepants

Hmm... It sucks that we refused a demand from DG, because he might otherwise sign OB now. Also, Shanghai is just one tile away from the area that will be revealed when we bomb/strike HK.

13. babybluepants

14. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

@Kait: Mongolia kept its granary. ;)

I've decided to send that desert gold worker to road the hill east of Yanan. That gets the choko to Manchou in time (along with a road at Beijing-e) and we need it eventually for the marble. Then what? I was thinking he could watermill more around Yanan. One of the Beijing choppers ends up way north so he can help with Mongolia.

15. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Yes. Trades with Churchill. I could have even accepted that demand. After that happened, I noticed on the screen that dG was willing to Ob but ofc, no more. All in the same damn IT. :mad:
    Cool, good spot. That lowers the likelihood of an additional archer. Makes me happy.

16. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

@Kait: Okay, Moscow archer goes to Yanan.

17. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Doh!

Maybe instead of 2 desert roads, just make 3 roads from Cows to Beijing? :hmm:

DOH! >_<

Good luck LtC, bomb bomb bomb, bah bah bahbomb

18. babybluepants

Roading and mining the Mongolia gold seems more pressing to me than more watermills, especially if we are whipping more in Yan'an. Haven't really calculated it though...

It's too bad we can't gift and recapture the capital...

19. babybluepants

This was silly of us. :blush: I usually reject these without even thinking twice, but since we are DoWing everyone we could accept.

At least my rejected demand from Mehmed hasn't resulted in -1. Helps that we have such a high power rating and he is stuck in a desert. :lol:

20. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Turnset #4: T23 - T29 ; #3
    We decide no pillaging of Manchou iron yet. No DoW on TOku.

T23 1080BC - as planned

IT
    HK comps a wb...shouldn't have time to whip an archer
    Manchou 90h on a settler
    +1 Fair trade with Toku!?! Where did that come from. Resource trades so early adding up?
    Ha! dG will OB!?!

T24 10140BC
    I forgot to consider unhappiness in Beijing and it gets 1 unhappy. BUt...a chariot arrives from Mongolia just in the nick of time... :banana:
    Manchou is not camping the furs!?! Guess he is improving those fps first.
    DoW Church. Strike lb for 3.9/6. Toku's galley is east of east island. Tokyo only has lbm. Toku worker on the hill. Churchill's galley must be in the three fogged tiles to the far east.
    Dang it would be sweet to grab three Toku workers prontolike.
    dGs worker is pasturing the cows.

We OB dG. Hm...

IT
    Tsing builds another archer, no new worker, fool
    Toku galley vanishes into far east fog, but CHurch galley does not appear. Weird. Where is it?
    Toku worker appears to road the furs

T25 1000BC
    Strike to lbm 3.0/6
    73.23% sword...
    Spoiler :
    WINS at 1.9/6 with 3/2XP!! 48 British pounds into our coffers. No buildings,
    I forget to CF Stalin before DoWinng Church. (Were we able to?) Yikes. No probs. He still CFs! And we do.

We're down to 3gpt at 0% research slider. Coffers: 407g.

IT
    Churchill will sign peace treaty.

T26 975BC
    CF CHurchill.
    Shanghai has lbm + 2 archers, wkr at SH-sw.
    Gua unhappy 2nd turn in a row, costing us pop3 before gift.
    Beijing unhappy, costing us 10 final-h but we had 12h to spare, so we're okay.

IT
    Seems like AIs getting lots of power. Most may have IW by now.
    Shanghai up to pop8. Yikes. Either a bonanza or a disaster for us.

T27 950BC
    Here goes nuttin. Gift Guangzhou. (I thought it was Gua?!? Did I pick a wrong save somehow?) DoW dG. Re-capture Gua.

IT
    Tsingtao cranks out another archer. One is walking south of Roosy's Changqing, others garrisoned.
    Shanghai building whatever at 1hpt.

T28 925BC
    Strike to 3.7/6

IT
    Shanghai now has lb+3 archers. Hmph.

T29 900BC
    We have 5 attackers against dG's four defenders. 92.33% for one choko, 88.82% across river!?! Those first strikes rock.
    92.33% choko attacks and...
    Spoiler :
    WINS at 3.5/6!!!

92.80% choko...
    Spoiler :
    funking DIES!!! to 0.2/3 archer
    95.41% sword...
    Spoiler :
    WINS at 0.3/6!?!?!?!
    94.67% chariot...
    Spoiler :
    WINS at 3.3/4!!!