Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Jan 13, 2018.
I have Mongolia building a warrior. Preferences? Pavilion? Speak now or forever hold your pith.
Warrior sounds good.
Whipping before the road completes will get us 2 of them to garrison cities and a tiny bit of gold later.
Maybe Churchill deleted it like his Hong Kong Archer.
Wow! Nice progress. Dramatic. I would not have guessed we'd have this many cities already. It's all about the bomber. Could you imagine if anyone was allowed to pick the immortal save that had no bomber? What a mistake that would have been.
Turnset over. Turnset Report #4.
Details for next turnset:
1. Kremlin has two chops ready for next turn that require cultural expansion. Either we run the cultural slider at 50% (my plan) or those two workers idle for a turn.
2. Not sure how to get the required chariots to Manchou fastest but if the galley is free to return to Gua, then it can be used to capture the Tokyo worker, if that worker isn't idling in Tokyo.
3. Mongolian Gold mine: I figured the sheep worker could finish the pasture, road, then move to the gold tile to road 1t before border pops. The other worker can road to the gold hill, arrive and road 1t before border pops. Gold online 2t later.
4. Whip pavilion with non-zero hammers asap? Or even with 0 hammers with Kremlin? Let's rock that city.
5. We got a ton of negmods for gifting Gua to dG. Roosy's especially butthurt. Oh well. That might never go away.
6. Whip wb in Gua, when needed?
7. We could have used the cultural slider for happies. I've never done that before, but it's pretty cheap at this point in the game. We should consider doing that as much as needed to grow our cities.
8. I chose to road from the plains hill nw to the gold mine because that could easily be a path from Beijing to the west for units.
9. I'll try to update my summary post on page 1 asap.
10. That was fun. I played a bit longer than maybe I should have but I decided to just enjoy it, which I did. I recommend the same for all of us.
Hehe, I too love the bomber.
Shanghai is nice and fat with Granary+Lighthouse.
Even got the little Worker too.
Everything looks very, very good LowtherCastle.
3 of the 4 heavenly cities are now under our control thanks to your war efforts, and we almost have Kremlin.
Good thinking on the slider to pop border in Beijing and get more for Kremlin.
I do question the pink spray paint though.
Thank goodness Manchou built a Settler.
We can grab his island capital and Shanghai and not lose our chance for Civil Service.
How what? How did I make it pink? Just came that way. How to connect the gold that way? Border pop in 8t. ???
My idea is to use Mongolia as a warrior pump for a while. Is that the question?
I'm somewhat aware of Alt+X to map out city spots, but the spray paint to highlight road possibilities is unknown to me.
What hotkey is used to create it?
Oh. That's when you zoom out and you can use that Show-Strategy-Layer icon on the lower right-hand side (on my interface) to
Delete All Lines
Delete (one line or one sign)
so I click on new line and draw the line. Maybe there's a hot key to make the new line faster, I don't know.
Tsingtao currently has 37h in some build which doesn't make any sense. That's too many for any normal building. It already has a granary and a barracks (fewer hammers anyway). Is it possible he's making yet another settler? Or building a wonder?!? Weird, but good for us if he doesn't build any archers. Glad we didn't DOW.
Yes, we can have choko+4chariots+archer (if needed) for a T33 Manchou capture. The galley is free to go back to Tokyo, chariot boards from teh dyes on t31 and if no worker available, the chariot can land and pillage hte mine, re-board, for a worker capture. Need to monitor Tokyo for an archer build, though. Current build is 24h, which couldn't be a sword or less, so that's looking good.
Edit: Okay, it was 10h last turn, so if he didn't switch builds, that's probably a settler but could be a worker at 28h. He's running Bureau so, that's 9hpt for units, 11hpt for buildings (OR), wkr/settler 14 or 15fhpt.
It looks like Stalin has IW now, as well.
on this complicated turnset!
Note that we should monitor Manchou for a walls build at this point.
I'm surprised our Score didn't jump past Xteam on that latest capture. They must be hitting it hard too.
Their power graph is something else. It looks like they've just been whipping units from the start.
probably no Kremlin. Certainly no library. Do galleys have power? if not, then probably no galley for them either.
Galleys are worth 2K power, same as warrior. We don't really want a lot of units. Bare minimum for our needs. Never have to worry about barbs with GWall (if there are any ). XTeam probably teched HBR, is my guess, it's one of the standard early techs for winning SGs. Maybe settled a city or three also. Our score's roughly comparable without hitting the power so hard or teching at all.
I don't think so. Overkill with units? We've had some bad RNG luck and still haven't hit any real snags.
They probably also teched something with a soldier rating by now, like HBR.
xpost with LC - yes, I agree with all that.
dG will CF.
Separate names with a comma.