1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Home Slices

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession GOTM' started by AlanH, Jan 13, 2018.

1. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

I have Mongolia building a warrior. Preferences? Pavilion? Speak now or forever hold your pith.

2. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Warrior sounds good.
    Whipping before the road completes will get us 2 of them to garrison cities and a tiny bit of gold later.

3. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

YES!

Maybe Churchill deleted it like his Hong Kong Archer.

Jackpot!!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. WastinTime

WastinTime Deity Supporter

Wow! Nice progress. Dramatic. I would not have guessed we'd have this many cities already. It's all about the bomber. Could you imagine if anyone was allowed to pick the immortal save that had no bomber? What a mistake that would have been.

5. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Turnset over. Turnset Report #4.

Details for next turnset:

1. Kremlin has two chops ready for next turn that require cultural expansion. Either we run the cultural slider at 50% (my plan) or those two workers idle for a turn.
    2. Not sure how to get the required chariots to Manchou fastest but if the galley is free to return to Gua, then it can be used to capture the Tokyo worker, if that worker isn't idling in Tokyo.
    3. Mongolian Gold mine: I figured the sheep worker could finish the pasture, road, then move to the gold tile to road 1t before border pops. The other worker can road to the gold hill, arrive and road 1t before border pops. Gold online 2t later.
    4. Whip pavilion with non-zero hammers asap? Or even with 0 hammers with Kremlin? Let's rock that city.
    5. We got a ton of negmods for gifting Gua to dG. Roosy's especially butthurt. Oh well. That might never go away.
    6. Whip wb in Gua, when needed?
    7. We could have used the cultural slider for happies. I've never done that before, but it's pretty cheap at this point in the game. We should consider doing that as much as needed to grow our cities.
    8. I chose to road from the plains hill nw to the gold mine because that could easily be a path from Beijing to the west for units.
    9. I'll try to update my summary post on page 1 asap.
    10. That was fun. I played a bit longer than maybe I should have but I decided to just enjoy it, which I did. I recommend the same for all of us. :)

6. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

Hehe, I too love the bomber.

Shanghai is nice and fat with Granary+Lighthouse.
    Even got the little Worker too.
    Spoiler :

Everything looks very, very good LowtherCastle. :D
    3 of the 4 heavenly cities are now under our control thanks to your war efforts, and we almost have Kremlin.
    Good thinking on the :culture: slider to pop border in Beijing and get more :hammers: for Kremlin.

I do question the pink spray paint though.
    HOW!?!
    Spoiler :

Thank goodness Manchou built a Settler.
    We can grab his island capital and Shanghai and not lose our chance for Civil Service.

7. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

How what? How did I make it pink? Just came that way. How to connect the gold that way? Border pop in 8t. ???

My idea is to use Mongolia as a warrior pump for a while. Is that the question?

8. Kaitzilla

Kaitzilla Lord Croissant

I'm somewhat aware of Alt+X to map out city spots, but the spray paint to highlight road possibilities is unknown to me.
    What hotkey is used to create it?

9. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Oh. That's when you zoom out and you can use that Show-Strategy-Layer icon on the lower right-hand side (on my interface) to

Delete All Lines
    Delete (one line or one sign)
    New Sign
    New Line​

so I click on new line and draw the line. Maybe there's a hot key to make the new line faster, I don't know.

10. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Tsingtao currently has 37h in some build which doesn't make any sense. That's too many for any normal building. It already has a granary and a barracks (fewer hammers anyway). Is it possible he's making yet another settler? Or building a wonder?!? Weird, but good for us if he doesn't build any archers. Glad we didn't DOW.

11. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Yes, we can have choko+4chariots+archer (if needed) for a T33 Manchou capture. The galley is free to go back to Tokyo, chariot boards from teh dyes on t31 and if no worker available, the chariot can land and pillage hte mine, re-board, for a worker capture. Need to monitor Tokyo for an archer build, though. Current build is 24h, which couldn't be a sword or less, so that's looking good.

Edit: Okay, it was 10h last turn, so if he didn't switch builds, that's probably a settler but could be a worker at 28h. He's running Bureau so, that's 9hpt for units, 11hpt for buildings (OR), wkr/settler 14 or 15fhpt.

12. babybluepants

babybluepants Deity GOTM Staff

It looks like Stalin has IW now, as well.

13. babybluepants

:goodjob: on this complicated turnset!

14. babybluepants

15. WastinTime

I'm surprised our Score didn't jump past Xteam on that latest capture. They must be hitting it hard too.

16. babybluepants

17. WastinTime

probably no Kremlin. Certainly no library. Do galleys have power? if not, then probably no galley for them either.

18. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

Galleys are worth 2K power, same as warrior. We don't really want a lot of units. Bare minimum for our needs. Never have to worry about barbs with GWall (if there are any :crazyeye:). XTeam probably teched HBR, is my guess, it's one of the standard early techs for winning SGs. :cool: Maybe settled a city or three also. Our score's roughly comparable without hitting the power so hard or teching at all.

19. babybluepants

:nope: I don't think so. Overkill with units? We've had some bad RNG luck and still haven't hit any real snags.
    They probably also teched something with a soldier rating by now, like HBR.

xpost with LC - yes, I agree with all that.

20. LowtherCastle

LowtherCastle Deity

dG will CF.