[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Home Slices

So we could have stolen Astro from France. Interesting. Probably other interesting techs available...

Good job on pillage and capture gold!

I just hope France does not sail a Settler somewhere truly awful with that Galleon.
Will our bomber be able to see that area? Perhaps the bomber bombing the galleon might send it home, if necessary? This reminds me of SG10. The difference between containing AI offshore settling and not meant dozens of turns.

With the Bomber in French Orleans, it looks like Germany will fall on Turn 61.
Our Chariot can probably kill the wandering Axe, and our 2 Horse Archers are set up to pillage and hold Iron on T59.

Once we have Berlin T61, we can Close Borders with France and teleport Bomber.
I can't remember why I was thinking Bomber in Ottomans? :hmm:
France also only has Open Borders with us.
I think I was afraid Rome's borders was touching Orleans and allowing units to reach it, but currently that is not an issue.

Oh ya, Berlin was scheduled to be gifted away T62 to make a colony.
So the teleport wasn't too useful.
Hmm

Last edited:
Ok, time to debate where best to send the Japan units.
I still favor sailing west to hit southern Rome T69 ish.
Can put the Axe on the coast and put the Sword+Choko in the lead ship.
Rome's new Settler for city #4 is probably going south and east right?

Rome looks very weak without Iron!

Great General.
Any amazing ideas for it?
Buff up Horse Archers in St. Pete?
Make 2 City Raider 3 maces for somewhere?

France is good spot for Bomber right?

Should Chariot go for that German Axe, or let it wander into Berlin?

Which techs are ok to trade for gold?

Road 2S and 3S1W of Hamburg starting now?
With the extra Worker from Germany, the road 2S2W of St. Petersburg is done early, and those 2 roads would connect us to Rome's road network.
Then the 2 Workers could road towards Ottoman's #2 city.

I think that is everything. :hmm:

Last edited:
:goodjob: Kaitzilla!

I would be worried about barbs overrunning Kyoto, but I guess there are no barbs in this game. This has been bugging me - but there is an obvious answer:
Spawn: The spawning of new barbarian units will stop after the game has reached the Renaissance era (bNoBarbUnits = 1 in CIV4EraInfos.xml). The game's era is calculated by averaging the current eras of the individual players (including the usual rounding down to the lower integer -- if everybody has advanced to the Renaissance but only Toku is still power-teching through the Medieval era, the barbs will still spawn).

Last edited:
I would kill the axe. Maybe if we're lucky, Bismarck sends out an LB to kill the chariot.

Can we beg for some cash? I don't mind trading away some techs, like Aest.

Orleans is a great airport. It covers all of Rome. Remind me, are we going after Rome or France next? Maybe take Antium and Rome from Orleans, then teleport to Rome (right?).

Great General.
Any amazing ideas for it?
would fast galleys help?
or A healer for Mumbai area?

Shouldn't our Japan units help take care of Mumbai? and all the redcoats? or you're making stronger units (maces) for that?
Edit: no see below.

Last edited:
I would kill the axe. Maybe if we're lucky, Bismarck sends out an LB to kill the chariot.

Can we beg for some cash? I don't mind trading away some techs, like Aest.

Orleans is a great airport. It covers all of Rome. Remind me, are we going after Rome or France next? Maybe take Antium and Rome from Orleans, then teleport to Rome (right?).

Ya, on paper it looks like we can easily get Antium T63 and Rome T65.
Then close borders with France to teleport to Berin after the bombing run and right before Rome is taken.

Then Orleans Turn 66!
Paris soon after.

Ok, time to debate where best to send the Japan units.
I still favor sailing west to hit southern Rome T69 ish.

I'm scared for Kyoto. We need to leave a unit or two to protect Kyoto from barbs. Just because barbs are not spawning does not mean they're not roaming. Barb cities could build new units which will go out of the city looking for trouble.
Yep, I'm getting more scared as I type this and see Kyoto is the only city holding all of our infiltration EPs.
I vote at least two units recon the area but stay close to Kyoto.

I'm scared for Kyoto. We need to leave a unit or two to protect Kyoto from barbs. Just because barbs are not spawning does not mean they're not roaming. Barb cities could build new units which will go out of the city looking for trouble.
Yep, I'm getting more scared as I type this and see Kyoto is the only city holding all of our infiltration EPs.
I vote at least two units recon the area but stay close to Kyoto.

In theory, we could use our vast espionage to check Kyoto every turn to see if barbs are approaching.

Then give Korea Fish City.

That would free up our military for Mumbai or that Roman Hill city.

Maybe we should attack MumbaI with the Mace, sword, axe, and Choko.
It is a nice starter set if Yemen and Gua can add to it.
Any survivors could then finish off Korea T75!

That would allow our main empire to focus on Horse Archers to kill Ottomans.

And allow St. Pete to focus on crushing Rome and France.

I'm still not sure about the great general.
3 March Horse archers?

I could attach to a Galley right now for a 5:move: Galley and race it from Gua to London?
Let me count tiles.
We no longer need 2 Galleys near Hong Kong if the western fleet handles Mumbai + Korea.

In theory, we could use our vast espionage to check Kyoto every turn to see if barbs are approaching.

Then give Korea Fish City.
Just so we don't get caught in a "refuses to talk" war situation--then we can't gift a city.
But I suppose you're right. I did panic a bit. Just be careful and have a bulletproof plan for barbs showing up every turn.

Maybe we should attack MumbaI with the Mace, sword, axe, and Choko.
It is a nice starter set if Yemen and Gua can add to it.
I've been thinking about this area too. Are we tracking what Mumbai is building?
What I don't like is that his new city probably makes him want to build more Redcoats in Mumbai. Or, if he has another settler, he'll build 2 more redcoats for that. It'd be nice to slow him down and/or distract him from doing those mega-units.
Options:
- Take the new city so he'll want to make another settler if he doesn't have one.
- Capture or kill the workers so he will spend all his time building workers. But how to get the workers and not get creamed? :think:
Looks like there's a nice horse tile that will be very difficult for Churchill to reach.
What do you think? start with the worker(s) there?

Wow, the Super 5:move: Galley has legs!

It can reach that hilltop Roman City T66, blow past Rome T67, blow past Paris T68, and race past London T70. :eek:

Last edited:
Just so we don't get caught in a "refuses to talk" war situation--then we can't gift a city.
But I suppose you're right. I did panic a bit. Just be careful and have a bulletproof plan for barbs showing up every turn.

Right, careful monitoring every single turn. :scan:
In big letters on the bottom of the PPP.
Refuses to talk would be bad, but with 2 gift cities every cycle, there should never be a turn when we can't gift Korea another island city.

I've been thinking about this area too. Are we tracking what Mumbai is building?
What I don't like is that his new city probably makes him want to build more Redcoats in Mumbai. Or, if he has another settler, he'll build 2 more redcoats for that. It'd be nice to slow him down and/or distract him from doing those mega-units.
Options:
- Take the new city so he'll want to make another settler if he doesn't have one.
- Capture or kill the workers so he will spend all his time building workers. But how to get the workers and not get creamed? :think:
Looks like there's a nice horse tile that will be very difficult for Churchill to reach.
What do you think? start with the worker(s) there?

I'm liking this idea more and more.
Who knows how many Redcoats and Settlers Mumbai can spam if we leave it for T70+
If we grab that new city and any coastal Workers, there is a decent chance it could draw out Mumbai defenders.
Lord knows that Redcoat drops from 20:strength:+ down to merely 14:strength: outside the city.
A pair of 8:strength: units could then take a shot at it.

How about a 4:move: Galley and a City Raider III Maceman?
Let me see how long it would take to get to London after dropping off the city murder near Churchill's horse city.

**Edit**
Looks like London T72 for the 4:move: boat.
I forgot I moved the Great General up to Chongqing last turn.

If we really, really want London, it might be best to take advantage of Engineering, whip out a Settler from Moscow T64, and march it to the forest coastline south of London T70.
Chop out some Galleys.
Ugh, it just doesn't feel like there is enough time to go after London.

**Edit 2**
Maybe have the Great General make 2 City Raider III Maces for Mumbai?
Could sail it over there nice and slow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom