[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Home Slices

If unhappiness gets too bad, we can always found an extra city on Dye or Silver.

We are definitely in our final turns.
Probably not worth it.

Sure thing.
We capture everything on T66, Cease Fire Korea, then give him [Gold City + Trap City NE + Trap City South + Silk City] to peacefully form a Colony.

On T67, once Korea forms a new colony, gift Korea 2 War success cities.
New York is a good one.
York is good too, but only if the Axe is on a Galley ready to recapture it instantly. (For Yemen's sake)
3rd choice is Hamburg and its recapture/pillage Chariot.

We need 26 more successful spy missions to reach 57 missions and 87 points (129k in Gold City +2k in other 2 cities) on Turn 73.

All the Spies currently in the capital will have -50% wait for T73.

All the Spies currently in Gold City will have -10% on T67, -30% on T69, and -50% on T71.

On paper I think we have enough Spies to use max wait bonus every time from now on? :hmm:

Once the spies are done, and Korea is double-checked to have 2 war success cities, DOW Korea and start taking back all 6 cities.

Also, if Spies are gonna end their turn 1 tile from Gold City, it is better to have them end their turn 2 tiles away.

That is because the Gold City gift gives border tiles around Gold City for 1 turn to an AI we have Closed Borders with.

Stopping 2 tiles away puts our Spies through 1 murder round of detection instead of 2, and still gets them into Gold City the following turn.

Last edited:
Fact?: England will remain in Caste as long as he doesn't settle a 3rd city. or Myth?
Are you expecting Mumbai to be easy because of caste? Does it get very, very hard if he has slavery?
I'm not comfortable.

, it is better to have them end their turn 2 tiles away.
excellent point. I probably would have missed that.

Fact?: England will remain in Caste as long as he doesn't settle a 3rd city. or Myth?
Are you expecting Mumbai to be easy because of caste? Does it get very, very hard if he has slavery?
I'm not comfortable.
Not sure if Caste is here to stay or not.
He recently changed religions.

Mmm, upgrade CRIII Sword to Mace in York?
I'm not sure if we have the cash for it.

Bomber

65 strike Orleans
66 bombard or strike? Paris
67 strike paris (capture this turn?...or do we need to wait for T68 capture? and if so how does the bomber plan change?)

68 gift Rome to someone to teleport bomber to Antium? Need to test if that is where it teleports.
Use bomber for Ottomans.

are you sure we need to own York every turn?
Seems like as long as it stays in revolt we're fine.

I've never managed to keep a city permanently in revolt by giving it away repeatedly.

It might work fine on T67, but what about T69 and T71?
I'd dedicate the Galley and Axe to the job just to be safe.
A mistake means 50% culture slider or somesuch to save The Great Library in Yemen.

In theory, we should have a fair bit more than 420 points on Turn 73. :hmm:

We could probably skip a wonder somewhere if something came up, but I am point greedy.

It is nice to have a point cushion if a surprise comes up.

Perhaps Shanghai could make The Great Library instead of Yemen?

That would free up Yemen to build more military for Mumbai.
It would also free up the Galley too since the Axe could just walk slow to recapture York the war success city.

Would need another fat Taoism city with no wonders for AP gifting then.
Perhaps Tao Missionary to Hong Kong?
It is only worth thinking about around T71 if the Conquest victory might not work.

Last edited:
The galley in Indonesia is for ?

any other major strategy reasons for stopping? I assume the T65 turnset end was just overdue, not a decision point, rt?
I should be able to play on slowly with some wonder planning. At least take Orleans today.

The galley in Indonesia is for ?

any other major strategy reasons for stopping? I assume the T65 turnset end was just overdue, not a decision point, rt?
I should be able to play on slowly with some wonder planning. At least take Orleans today.

Galley in Indonesia is dedicated to destroying Korea T73.

No major decision points that I can think of.

Maybe take a 2nd look at conquering Rome's final city T73
Send the archer down.
Make sure Julius is not improving iron

The thinking was Yemen will produce a Horse Archer on T69 and T72, so road towards Mumbai.
But Yemen is now doing GLib, so no military, right? We're going to 6->3 whip Glib? or whip 8->4 on T73?
Wonders need to be chopped/whipped complete on T73. Exist on 74 right? or is there a chance we can win T73?

RE : England
All we care about is that England's power stays low relative to ours. Either we have to lower it or better--prevent it from increasing.
Lowering their power also often lowers ours. See last Redcoat battle. We could be staring at 4 redcoats in Mumbai T73.

If we threaten Mumbai, it will just keep making Redcoats.
My plan is/was to take all its workers and have it waste time building more. Hence the horse pillage.

Q: what's in Mumbai? and what has it been building the past 10 turns?

Perhaps Shanghai could make The Great Library instead of Yemen?

That would free up Yemen to build more military for Mumbai.

We might have slightly more trouble gifting Shanghai (distance) to either AI.
England will always take back Mumbai (if we even manage to take it from them). Then Gua is less than 10 tiles from that.
America will always take NewYork and Nanjing is <10. So how about Nanjing is the other large-ish, no-wonder, Tao gift city?

Wonder plan is:

Yanan - Globe Theater after Spies and Missionary
Mongolia - Shwedagon Paya after Spies
Beijing - Chichen Itza after Spy whip
Xian - Colossus
?Yemen?Shang? - The Great Library
Manchou - Angkor Wat
Moscow - Whip Hagia Sophia complete T67

They should all get done or be whipped complete T73.

double checking: wonder count...

We have 10 counting the new shrine.
No, national wonders are not listed on the Wonder screen, so I missed NE and HE.
We'd be at 12.

This list puts us at 19.
MoM and Sistine are still available for 21. No value to having 21, right? so just MoM.

Hagia plan:
I'm confused. One of the forests won't chop until T67, so you can't whip until 68.
Oops, there are 2 workers there. I thought I checked for that.

Are all 4 forests going to Hagia? or is one of them for Colossus?

Hagia plan:
I'm confused. One of the forests won't chop until T67, so you can't whip until 68.
Oops, there are 2 workers there. I thought I checked for that.

Are all 4 forests going to Hagia? or is one of them for Colossus?

I had 7 workers involved in Moscow actually.
2 for iron mine.
2 for southern forest.
1 for eatern forests.
2 from the eatern road for silk forest and southeast forest.

I wanted Hagia whipped on T67 to get fail gold on T69.

Roads are still 2 turns, but forest chops and desert roads become 2 turns instead of 3.

No forests were allocated for Colossus in Xian.
Mainly 2 pop whipping units and putting max overflow getting it done.
Maces due to Forge?

Non Forge cities can put 2 hammers into Horse Archer to get max overflow 2 pop whips.

But Yemen is now doing GLib, so no military, right? We're going to 6->3 whip Glib? or whip 8->4 on T73?
Wonders need to be chopped/whipped complete on T73. Exist on 74 right? or is there a chance we can win T73?

All we care about is that England's power stays low relative to ours. Either we have to lower it or better--prevent it from increasing.
Lowering their power also often lowers ours. See last Redcoat battle. We could be staring at 4 redcoats in Mumbai T73.

My plan is/was to take all its workers and have it waste time building more. Hence the horse pillage.

Win even earlier than T74?
Without that round of spy missions T73, we lose 25k culture, or 17 points.

We would have to finish all the wonders super early!

I think we should play it safe and focus on war T72, mass capitulations T73, and victory T74.

If we fail, I hope whichever vassals we get will sign open borders so we can spread Tao to them.
Or they were left 1 Tao city with a few votes.
Then we can try AP win voteT75.

As for extra fail gold, I think Beijing 2 pop whipping something (library? Mace?) would not slow down completion.
2 cities could put 100:gold: during the 2 turns Beijing was not building its wonder.

Ya, we can chop and whip wonders complete T73, but we can't touch the game once the victory screen comes up.
Even the culture slider has to be set T73 if we want extra happiness.

I see the Hagia plan now, thx. Might tweak it based on Colossus...

Colossus

I thought it would be good ASAP for what it provides (20-30gpt). All 4 forests go to Hagia, that's fine.

If we delayed Hagia 1t, we could get more failgold and better worker micro (maybe)
2 do the iron, those same 2 finish the silk forest 67
2 do the southern and SE forest.
1 for eastern forest
2 are freed up.

I'm planning Colossus same turn as Hagia (68) (if Tao spreads 67):
spread Tao 67, whip forge.
grow T65, then work enough artists to get borders T68 in Xian and chop those 2 southern Xian forests. (not settle new cityspot1 yet)

I'm not sure a mace started T69 and whipped T70 would see much action. I could prep the mace now, but I don't want to come up short on Colossus.

Or...

Seems like if we're gonna whip Xian, whip a HA instead of mace, and whip it earlier so we can benefit from it against Ottomans.
T65 HA (2 hammers)
66 whip HA
67 whip forge
68 colossus

I hate doing double overflow on forge, but oh well.

I suppose we can skip Mumbai if it is too well defended.
Send 1 Mace to look?

Tokyo has that nice Factory for whipping Maces to kill Korea with. Mmm
Not sure if it is worth roading the island from Tokyo to Korea.

==========================

Just need to check math for Wonder builds, plan how to wipe out Rome+France+Ottomans, get enough gold to tech Feudalism + Compass, set up to capitulate USA+England, and finally keep the Korean colonies coming every 2 turns.

Then wipe out Colony+Korea in a single turn.

That last part might require horse units for colony cities and a few galleys with troops attacking off the boats to get it done in 1 turn.
Most borders get pushed back, but Trap City NE has a bad habit teleporting 1 move units 2 tiles away. :mad:

The other option is to use Korea's :espionage: T73 so we can invade his island T72.
However, Korea will adopt Taoism so we we will lose about 6 points due to completing 1 less mission due to reduced espionage bonuses. :cry:

Last edited:
more studying. conquer by T72 :crazyeye: That's quite a task. 7 turns :eek:
Maybe I should leave Colossus being built with whip OF late. Focus chops on cityspot1 so we can get HAs to the Ottomans.
I don't think we have power issues here. Just movement issues...especially if more cities get settled.

Last edited:
fortunately, we can move NW to the horse tile first, then DoW. No teleport and still reach the target.

Omg, it's a French scout!

Once is an oddity.
Twice is my awesome luck, getting such good and sneaky AI.

The only reason I catch it is because I am used to my stack of doom teleporting onto some roadless tile.

Ya, thankfully we can move NW, and last time you figured out we could teleport due east. :goodjob:

Top Bottom