[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Home Slices

Weird. Hong Kong had 1h into its build on t4 but on t8 it has 9h. As if it's building a worker at 2fhpt, which is the most fh it can produce. But how did it get just 1fh on t4? That worker will be done on t29 or a turn or two earlier if it gets our clam tile for some turns when we gift it away. Too late for our archer rush?

Mongolia gets us a gold tile without settling another city.

That is tragic.
Hong Kong would take until turn 44ish before Size 2.

I'm thinking that I should play this out to about T17 - 1320 BC before handing off. I don't think we would DoW anyone before then, and it is fairly straightforward. This is where we would get to:
Spoiler :

Beijing: 2nd worker and granary complete, 14h into chariot

Yan'an: 2nd worker complete, 1t from completing granary with worker whip OF

Guangzhou: wb complete, 16h into galley, 14h OF (chariot or LH)

Bomber: T9: recon SSW of Istanbul / T10: rebase to London / T11: recon SE of London / T12: rebase to Washington / T13: recon W for circumnav / play it by ear based on what has been revealed

Archer Mongolia: ready to capture worker at silk 2S3E of Moscow (in testing the Moscow worker is there)

Other archers: have to think about it

Spy: explore a bit NW of Moscow, come back to see the worker before archer arrives.

In my test file the nearby AI cities are only just building workers at this point.

We save ca. 240g by this point, and could start 100% research on something.

I can put together a more detailed plan tomorrow, if you guys want to see it. Or we could play shorter sets (3-4t per day) - we are discovering the map quickly, so there is always more to debate.

Attaching a test save. This is more to get a feel for the cities. I wasn't very diligent with unit movements and stuff.

Attachments

• home slice test BC-1320 yanan worker whip.CivBeyondSwordSave
    94.6 KB · Views: 92
That is tragic.
Hong Kong would take until turn 44ish before Size 2.
sheesh, had even forgotten that aspect already. Can we gift HK a lighthouse?

@bbp, pls keep a clear record (somewhere) of which cities go to pop2. We don't want to accidentally raze a city.

Ha! Again I'm the village idiot! Hong Kong is teching 2hpt because of Mercantilism!!! A worker would be 3fhpt. So either he switched to a worker 3t ago or he's building a granary or wb or something. Still hard to fathom the 1hpt on t4.

EDIT: Solved. The AIs are village idiots. They revolted t1/2/3, not t0. Hong Kong put 1h into some non-worker on t0->t1. That whatever now has 9h in it. And HK should have 5f in his food bin. Pop2 ~t22. Sooner if we could manage to grant him the clams tile.

Last edited:
Why bother with the roads so early. Aren't trade routes all connected?
:eek: Good catch. It looks like this happens when we reveal the SE corner. DG's borders don't seem to matter.
If this is the case, the worker can just improve the rice.

Ha! Again I'm the village idiot! Hong Kong is teching 2hpt because of Mercantilism!!! A worker would be 3fhpt. So either he switched to a worker 3t ago or he's building a granary or wb or something. Still hard to fathom the 1hpt on t4.

EDIT: Solved. The AIs are village idiots. They revolted t1/2/3, not t0. Hong Kong put 1h into some non-worker on t0->t1. That whatever now has 9h in it. And HK should have 5f in his food bin. Pop2 ~t22. Sooner if we could manage to grant him the clams tile.
In testing, he builds galley-wb. An early galley could be awkward for us.
@bbp, pls keep a clear record (somewhere) of which cities go to pop2. We don't want to accidentally raze a city.
So far, I believe it's only Mongolia and Istanbul.
Edit: nvm, it's also Shanghai, Manchou, Mumbai and Berlin. Shanghai whipped a wb. Berlin has been pop 2 for a few turns, the other two just this turn.
Edit: current world population is the same as T0. We lost 3pop, Berlin/Mumbai/Manchou have 1 extra each.
Spoiler :

London
Mumbai

Hong Kong
Berlin
Tsingtao

Moscow
Mongolia
Washington
Chongqing
Paris
Shanghai
Tokyo
Manchou
Rome
Istanbul

Last edited:
:eek: Good catch. It looks like this happens when we reveal the SE corner. DG's borders don't seem to matter.
If this is the case, the worker can just improve the rice.
I noticed that there was that fogged coastal tile SE of Shanghai, but also a fogged tile north of the mountain north of Gua. I think both got defogged the same turn. I don't see how the TR could possibly go through dG. Maybe around those two mountains there's some artifact of worldbuildering that connects the TR.

In any case, by my calcs, if our worker farm corn then chops a forest, Shanghai's and Manchou's borders will have popped and we'll see if we lose the TR. Definitely need to keep a turn-by-turn eye on Gua's TR.

sossos doesn't know how to build rivers... :rolleyes:
I tried to replicate the rivers exactly in the test save, when I was testing Kaitzilla's suggested 2-road connection. We have TR with Chongqing there, rather than Tsingtao.
Edit: nvm, in the test save, it definitely seems to be a coastal route. The only way I get rid of it is by world-buildering land across to Hong Kong. I'll just have to keep an eye on the Shanghai border pop, as you suggest.

Last edited:
@LC - how can you tell how many hammers an AI city has invested?

@LC - how can you tell how many hammers an AI city has invested?
Using the formula Kait posted, you go into the espoinage screen, click on the AI and city you're investigating and plug the numbers into your calculator. Be careful, because the city revolt cost number changes from city to city and from turn to turn even with the same city.

Incidentally, the reason I discovered Mongolia had a granary was I was checking the espy screen for production and noticed a Sabotage Building number. :D

sossos doesn't know how to build rivers... :rolleyes:
I tried to replicate the rivers exactly in the test save, when I was testing Kaitzilla's suggested 2-road connection. We have TR with Chongqing there, rather than Tsingtao.
Edit: nvm, in the test save, it definitely seems to be a coastal route. The only way I get rid of it is by world-buildering land across to Hong Kong. I'll just have to keep an eye on the Shanghai border pop, as you suggest.
That's still utterly baffling. How can there be a coastal route?!? Somewhere there's a glitch in the matrix and until we know where it is, we won't know what might cut the connection.

Top Bottom