[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Home Slices

What turn were you planning to DoW now?
Looking at the save more carefully, it will be a T21 DoW, T22 strike (note that the sword has to move in from the grass tile between the two golds). By T21, Stalin's worker will be 2 tiles closer to our homeland, and the GSpy will catch up with it (it gets to the cow T21 and should be able to move 4 on T21, as the worker will complete another two roads by then). I think we should DoW and capture then.

None. Have we seen any animals? Hm...is America connected to our landmass? Still, only a few lbms with all those unowned tiles, should be more barbs. Weird.
No, but do animals spawn on Classical? Edit: they do - I did some WB testing early on.
In the test game, I definitely see barb archers by this point, especially out by Moscow. It's curious. Maybe we'll see one next turn, but if it's much longer, something may be up.

No, but do animals spawn on Classical? Edit: they do - I did some WB testing early on.
In the test game, I definitely see barb archers by this point, especially out by Moscow. It's curious. Maybe we'll see one next turn, but if it's much longer, something may be up.
He could have created a barb city on our landmass with a stack of barb units that can't move, for example. On Deity we should have seen tons of animals. Has to be something up.

Deity AIs

SG25 AI Hammer Costs By Era.jpg

We don't recommend children use these numbers at home. We cannot guarantee the safety of their use.

Okay, I'm chickening out on Mongolia and building a second chariot in Beijing. Don't want to risk failing to capture with that sword instead of choko. That will delay the Kremlin to T32. So be it.

Turnset Report #3 17 - T22 ; #1; #2

T17 1320BC
Decided to not DoW Stalin till t20. His worker will build 2 1/3 more roads for us. Decided to delay Kremlin till T32 so Mongolia gets another chariot.

IT
No IW
Tsing builds a granary
Moscow worker roads desert instead of grass. :crazyeye:
Bis will CF

T18 1280BC
Gift Toku fish. Forgot to do it earlier.
America has a couple islands to the northeast, otherwise ocean toward England. Hard to decipher what's going on there. Plus barb Boston.

IT
No IW
Moscow +1 archer

T19 1240BC
I forgot to CF Bis. Now? Bis CFed out of sheer mercy for his lost soul.
Rebase to Beijing. All going per plan.

Time for lunch. UPLOADED for the peanut gallery. (Cheaper than a round of peanuts.)

IT
All players get T0 land points. TOku got about 9-10 points too many (+33, 17 tiles on T0 and +1pop). Is that IW? We'll see soon if Toku puts a worker on his iron tile. Have to disabuse him of that notion. Total AI power jumped by 24 points!

T20 1200BC
No one Pleased with Stalin. DoW. Capture worker, move units, bombard. No barbs anywhere to the north. Nada.

IT
Manchou has roaded the grass iron tile.
No new IW completion.
Tsing +1 archer

T21 1160BC
Strike lb 39% to 3.7. So far, so good.

IT
Jesalot. Toku cranks out a second worker and has iron. Now.
Mehmed techs IW.

T22 1120BC
84% Sword dies ignobly, lb at 1.9/6
44% chariot dies ignobly, archer at 0.8/3
93% chariot wins without a scratch, of course
98% archer wins, plunder 42 Mongolian bucks, granary intact.

OurWarSuccess: 18, Stalin's: 6, Stalin will talk 5t after DoW.

PAUSED UPLOADED

Manchou is building a settler 75h/92. Do we delay HK bombard/capture 1t to bombard the iron? We do not have a worker capture available yet, so Toku wouldn't talk for 18t!?! Unless we managed to capture something.

Or do we just let him settle and then go down on him?

Our Moscow slave is now on the desert gold tile, 6t to mine, 4t to road. Worth it or move to Yanan and help watermill fps? Or something else.

I can play a few more turns tomorrow and then relinquish the fun to Kaitzilla.

Last edited:
Not sure we're going to know about Astro any time soon. Bomber's gonna be...bombing for a while. Do we need to choose a tech soon? Anything attractive about America? I doubt we want to use galleys to get there even if it's doable. Galleys take forever. Also, do we need/want circumnavigation? That seems to require Optics. Think about it. Ask a friend. Aks Cho Momma.

Top Bottom