[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Phoenix Rising

I'm lazy with the mouse. Therefor alt tab ;).
Using this on my work a lot too. It's a habit I guess.

Have a good nights rest gumbo :)

:mischief:, oops I did it again

I have a full version downloaded on my laptop (no steam), opening different saves is a buffy problem i guess. never happened to me on .004b and .003. only on .005.
Though no biggie imo

condo=condominium (did I spell it right?)

well, good luck surviving the heat lymo ;)

nighty my :)

i'm off too. Nites :)

Last edited:
Something positive, Bibs routes are up to 3c all from Bully..size 15 i think.
Yep i do, never without my taskbar :lol:

Condo=?
I know AC (air condi) ;)

Oh okay, hope you can fix it soon.

:sleep: Nitey

Last edited:
Tonny..stop that :lol:

Not sure how that works in Fullscreen mode, but window mode is not bad. You just have to get used to click on the mini-map to move things but I'm so used to it now.

Just remember to max window once BTS loads which fits the screen to the task bar. Use mini-map to move screen when in game.

It's literally 90 degrees in my condo...AC been out several days while I wait for a new capacitor to put in the compressor
(that's 32.22 C in euro speak)

Condominium ...term for an apartment like residence that one owns...and/or the complex of units

Yep..should arrive on Thursday and then I pull out the power tools..ha. At least the humidity has not kicked in here yet...ugh

Nitey ;)

yall sleep well ....and coolly

could be a bug in BUFFY ..not sure....My and Gumbo never seem to have mentioned that issue..and well...I know My has flipped between saves since she was doing all that testing

nites..thanks...nothing wrong with a good sweat ..ha

Last edited:
Thanks NZ.

I might pass on the baton while I test windows mode a bit. Otherwise I will be getting home and diving straight back in.

Should we upgrade a caravel to a frigate. Odds of caravels are not great against C2 triremes. Albeit 70% odds are okay. Rather be getting 95%+ odds.

I would upgrade Boot instead, Galleons are more useful and can get 2xp from fights.
Also can be used for confused transport.

Hmm are there any advantages in delaying T growth currently by not using all 2c coasts?

Hiya

Bibs will be health even at size 17 (+3 supermarket, -1 Lab) and i guess it's when we can stop growing.
Or 18 for a slow shrink while still getting something from the granary bin.
Last turn of shrinking can always be a nice boost for cities with all scientists, or at least dropping all tiles that are not as good for science.

Last edited:
Chuckie left those triremes as a trap. We are gradually reaching our GG. Maybe focus land units on pillage.

reporting for duty :salute:

looked at T regarding using all 2c coasts
using them all results in a 2 turn earlier growth to size 13
so we can assign the maximum of scientists 2 turns earlier
I see only advantages here.
better food in the end, more commerce.

So I vote for assigning all 2c coasts and maybe even also the 1c coast.

I can step up if you like me to :)

Last edited:
I'm ready for action

...and howdy-do! :)

Ton could pick up a few turns if Gumbo is still having technical difficulties.

Up to you Gumbo. My is here. Ton could pick up some today and then you pick up when you got things running again.

Agree with what ya sayin', My

That's what I was thinking myself, Gumbo. Ton you ready for some duty? Ready to take one for the team? :D

Last edited:
Still at parents. Will be an hour till I am back. I would play on if Mylene about. I want to test set up before I play. Plus get used to windows mode. I can't get home and do this asap.

Would we attack at 70%? My logic is if we are willing to lose a ship at 75% it would be better to upgrade. Albeit I can see galleons would be a good attacker.

Risking low odds makes not much sense currently, we are doing well on GG points and Caras can be kept as possible Frigate upgrades later.

I would also like Arnie safe until we transported mishes, he can help delivering them faster and maybe we should even use Sly too. Then upgraded Boot can help with killing ships sooner.

Not sure on the 1c coast.
Forge gives 3 happy, i hope we are fine there without such an early warrior.

Looks like just 2 more coast would give growth in 2t each, that looks good enuf.

I think we can go with 2 mishes from Bibs, Cologne should be good enuf and 1 backup.
Arnie and Sly ideally take those over from Boot which then goes ship hunting, so Sly should move towards home.

Okay, all sea :)

I still wonder about the best build order for Bibs, if we want 2 warriors and 2 mishes.
Good overflow before research until Supermarket would be optimal.

I dun understand 2w if we pick them from Bibs, but okay.
MMM has a promo (Navigation) and can heal that way, not sure if i would move back home there.

T will have +3 happy from forge in time, unless we get an unlucky gold cancel from Sally we should be fine.

We have to config Bibs before moving on thou.
Warriors get slightly too many hammers, turns into gold.
Mish into warrior would not work at all.

Hmm why do that with wine now thou if we lose 1 food and gain no commerce.

Bibs needs 51 food for 2 pop, at 10 + 10 + 10 + 3x7 (scientist and unhealthy) that works perfectly..so i think we shouldn't change tiles.

Those warriors are a pain, mish into mish would be good overflow and then science until supermarket would be nice.
I don't really want to interrupt Uni in V either.

If we target size 14 at T we are at 19 vs. 18 happy, Confu Temple would give us a 2 happy safety net against gold cancel so that should be good without mp.

True trips has no forge and can take a gold loss, i think we actually need no new unit then if we can get it into Bibs in time (and warrior in between cities for V).
Fine with me (without road) :)
Chariot overflow okay, but i think losing a research turn would be questionable for some more OF.

So Arnie moves out of Chucky borders and MMM takes navigation?
Okay Kermit

Last edited:
I don't like attacking with low odds either. Still enough time to reach the GG goal.

taking over here from gumbo

T suggestion:
lose all scientists and work seatiles -> even earlier growth and more commerce in the end.
we do need a mp there by turn 164 (no need, forge settles it)

I've calculated T up to t167.
Only gains with assigning all coasts from here on
+6 gp points and +6 food and +8 base commerce

Bibs to build 2 mishes -> ok
Sly to return home -> ok
Arnie to return home also -> ok
both Sly and Arnie for mish transport
Boot to be upgraded -> now? -> now ok after moving 2W can be done now, then move towards V crabs to pick up mish

MMM can promote still, insta health at 2.3/4 -> keeping it at chucky's bermuda triangle

doing the obvious moves and adjustments now and will upload for Bib config

uploaded

i agree -> no tile adjustments
mish, mish, chariot gives more overflow for supermarket

agree with not touching V

very well...
moving Trips warrior back to Bib
no chariot in favor of research :)
yep arnie moves out of borders there

green?

to do for next turn
MMM - navi
Arnie + Sly moving back
Bello and Wulfie prebuilding WMs Bib
Donkey and Fred building WMs T
Ed finishes WM V in a few turns

Last edited:
Yep Ton can play a bit. Yep we have no need to make peace here. We would only get demands from the ai.

Green on upgrading Boot.

or all sea:scan:

scratch that..just heal

Oh..Boot is picking up Mishes..right..sorry...2N would be better (really does not matter since Boot isn't going anywhere until mishes)

true...keep forgetting about the forge happy..T is fine for a while so we can hold warriors for right before supermarket

I think Ton had the plan on Bibs mills. We could complete Wine mill now..only loss of 1F short term (Ed could do that while other guys fix Bibs)
We can trade for wine from Sal or Biz

If we are worried about too many hammers from Warriors then build them in V

for the hammer, but not a big deal..just a thought since the commerce is even now.

mish into mish is fine though

yeah..I don't think we need to interrupt Uni in V...just do warriors later there...I think we can do without for that time

...and does trips even need its warrior if we are not going to grow it?
start trips warrior walkin' now....

exactly
Trips guy can be in bibs in 6 turns....

cool..then Warrior follows road to PH 4N of T and then walks into bibs...or walk straight to rice..no matter

Navigation good for faster ship..yep...I think Ton was just giving us a scenic view of Prague there

Green....guess we could build some X mishes too, no? or not ready for that yet?

Sounds good to me...I leave the WMs to you as I'm clueless on best path. Just make sure we don't finish yet

I'm totally cool with building research in Bibs..would prefer it

Ideally, yes, but I don't expect much spreading here..they haven't been spreading their own stuff all that well. My one though is getting any resolutions out of the way so diplo vote comes faster. Like open borders, but not sure if that even applies if already OB...but pretty sure it applies to voting and full members....I'm going to check on this now

And anyway..we can adjust things later to fix votes.. We just don't want anyone adopting it, but Sal never would and I think most others are very unlikely as well. Pete and SB with a good bit of X is good....and Biz

Last edited:
I would like us getting more research over X mishes for now, until we have the important techs.
General question, X spreads are done late so we avoid them spreading it around?

Yup should be fine with those 3 liking us.

Hamlet 1s of Nurn is tempting, are we looking for plunder or units more?
Okay, do we think just 1 Muskie alone (with medic) is dangerous and look to unite them again?
Not that great plunder around for those 2.
NW imo, better options on Biz roads next turn.

I have no idea on Bib workers tbh.
Other than 1w of sheep also can get 1 worker into range of forest north for chop into the last 2 builds we really need.
8 and 10t are correcto.

Forest also to be chopped 3sw of Bibs.
Bello could reach this now (store in research build).
Eventually those hammers outgain perfectly fast WMs, as the 2 buildings are really good and farms not terrible.

Hmm i think a new WM (no previous improvement) finished will always be good.
But high level maths are beyond me on this currently.

Food can always be turned into at least partly scientist later, and we still need RP for full WM gain so i think we are not that pressured on converting all possible farms.

KS can do 4t X temple imo, those hammers will turn into a net gain later.

They are stagnating on MT research right now -.-

Cathedral is terrible imo and should be whipped before we finish the game.
We can test how many hammers in KS we need at that point.

Rambo i would move past Aachen and Mainz, Caras are tuff to kill and doubt he would even attack if something comes from north.
Boot and Arnie can form some kind of chain.

No more feedback on cities here.
Yep possible trades all look well not optimal.

Fine with begging, i think he's no danger anymore.
Kermit and quick afk.
Back, not sure if taking all or leaving 10g matters..maybe somebody has more experience.

And i stole a new page ;)

Last edited:
nothing ibt

general answer... imo we can wait with x mishes.

athos and porthos 1W onto wine?
aramis and dogT 1S?

I like the hamlet for Ath and Por, they can go SW onto hill after that.
I think we should plunder our way deep into Chuck territory, maybe we'll find some units on the way. but aiming for them seems useless now, because we don't know where they are.
I'm okay with uniting them. then Ara and dogT should go SW or NW now (SW for a view, but NW safer)

I'm still contemplating what to do with our Bib workers. We haven't calculated the worker micro yet.
And I'm not sure which tile to WM in the future (either 1NW of Bib or the one W of Sheep)
Pro on NW is faster, pro on W of Sheep is more hammers during golden age later.

Ara and dogT NW it is

help me out then a little bit:
how many turns to finish a WM?
8 turns on plains?
10 turns on tundra?
with those numbers known I can do the math :) thanks

anyhow, green on Mutts moves?

Currently I'm at all WM's finished on t178 without chopping any forests.

KS on X temple check

Bello to go 3SW and chop
wulfie to go 1NE and 1t WM, then 1NW and 1t WM, then onto forest north to chop
Do you want Mr Ed to finish his WM first?

upload
mr ed move left and arnie + sly moves left for lookies
boot to go to crabs

WMs will finish just on or after RP is teched and I'm keeping all farms as long as possible.

moved Arnie and Sly east to homeland.
Boot and Sly are good for a chain yup
MMM is healing
no more moves left, any adjustments on cities wanted?
imo not any trade worthwhile

yup gumbo, there are 3 boats over there at aachen what we have seen now

Lou beg is available here
this will be my first beg ever in this game.
how many are you suggesting? 60 fine?

Last edited:
AP
Spoiler AP stuff :
The OB proposal is for full members so should never apply. The other proposals deal with war, assign city, force peace on or embargo and again require full members. (full member being in X to be clear) The one proposal that concerns me is the "Defensive Pact" proposal. From the language in the wiki I assume this proposal is for all "members" - voting and full. However, it does require that all "members" have eligibility to form defensive pacts. We know Biz and Pete will soon. Lou and Sal I'm unsure but they could get MT at some point.

by the way this is the language that I referring too:

A new proposal or resident election will happen after the previous one, on the following schedule:

• If the previous proposal was a resident election or any voted-on proposal, after 10 turns (14 on Epic).
  • If no previous proposal could happen because the prerequisites for none of them held, 1 turn.
There are 4 proposals between each Resident Election. Thus, if there is always something to vote on, a new election is held every 50 turns. If there is nothing to vote on, the new election will be held after 15 turns.

Thus, being able to create a condition where DV resolution comes up frequently. We can probably test this. If all living members have ability to sign DPs with each other, than we can simply just get that out of the way by passing it. However, that will not necessarily prevent wars. Conversely, members at war should nullify the DP resolution option.

or stay in permanent war with HRE

Anyway, my verdict is there is not reason not to spread X sooner than later

I leave Bibs workers to Ton's discretion

Green on that

yep..bello can move right to it

Wulf can pre-mill 1NE(1t) then pre-mill 1NW (1t) and then hop onto forest up N
(yup..turn in wine mill works just as well)

Not sure it matters other than having Ed focus more on Bibs mills for now. V mill is not pressing as it is not very good tile right now (though would add commerce)

(ugh..I had my directions totally reversed on Wulf but you are on the case)

If we are going to do that Conf Academy might as well start it now..with an engi...it does add beakers
xtemple fine first...keep thinking it is already built

yup..no reason not to beg from Lou now

Last edited:
Only just got in and I am shattered.

That looks to be a different trireme in Aachen. While he is whipping ships our land units will have little luck!

Beg away. 60 at this stage should be okay? Quite late in game?

Make a marker for the beg,

He could bulb edu. Hmmm

Yay at 0.1% forest.

New page!! Thief awaits us!

Last edited:
Top Bottom