[BTS] SGOTM 26 - Phoenix Rising

Oki
Just that i never tested if AIs sometimes refuse giving all gold.

Not bad at all, we can use hammers at G later.
No surprise he has Glib.

I did read AP sowy Lymo just no idea what to say, so i forgot mentioning.

1 worst enemy trade finally faded with Biz.

Ship chain for mishes would require some more micro?
Also depends on what we prefer, 1 fast or backup in reasonable time too.

Last edited:
Oh..with the begging...yep, we should have been fine with 60g as we've known Lou for over 50 turns and never begged.
(I've actually begged up to 100g before with some leaders)

Are we on a new turn?

ha..I think something just flew by me

forest don't like me..

Guess my AP talk was irrelevant

we could try renog on furs, but we need to keep resources available for frenchie iron later

Well, the main point I'm trying to get across with all that is that the AP timer may not be what we think it is...that we may be able to get faster and almost indefinite DV resos

C'mon Lou, go Free Reli for us... Lou could easily be a Friend in near future and a voter of us

well, it's not the issue with fur itself which we have for Lou anyway, but all the other copies of stuff Lou does not have
point is not to trade that stuff to Pete for 1g

Last edited:
Beg successful (60) and moving on

IBT
A new forest at G :)
Biz has a GS

upload
only boat moves left

pete has 1 gpt available
Mutts have merged and I've pillaged the hamlet there

Lymo, your AP isn't lost on me here ;). I already am keeping taps on the AP timer. On turn 171 is the next residential vote.

we still have fur to sal to be cancelled if needed

maybe a chain isn't needed. Just let Boot sit for 1 turn and bring them both in 1 go.

On AP:
I know what the 1 turn means.
On t167 a possible vote, but none eligible due to the rules you've found.
Therefor on t168 another possible vote.
etc on t169 and t170.
turn 171 is a new residential vote
turn 181 is the next vote etc.
At the moment it's a cycle of 14 turns.

We're planning the 2 mishes for Biz - Cologne

:) on chain -> will implement this

The last cycle on DV is t209-213. If we can get our techs and builds done in that window we're golden. Preferably on t209 is the vote. Then we have a 10 turn window for spreading mishes safely without disrupting the timer.

Last edited:
Too slow here.

Forests don't grow on your turns! ;)

Biz still needs paper. So maybe settle or academy. Academy might work better.

With refrigeration that galleon will have 7mp. Moving our units away from his coast might convince him to build some land units?

What is the plan for these conf mish? Russia or Germany? Even if Russians switch we would likely still be friendly?

Issue with Germans is the holy city. So we would likely have to gift? He could send it to a smaller city.

Last edited:
I'm going to post this one point again here for emphasis as I'm not sure anyone is getting it:

If no previous proposal could happen because the prerequisites for none of them held, 1 turn.

We need to know exactly what that means

Oh sure, def needs to be tested. Just want to understand that yall understand that this might be in play here ;)

Not really sure gifting changes odds much at all and he might just send it to another city.

I like My's quasi-chain proposal

I think you are right, Ton. And that could be pretty huge for end-game timing if we have several consecutive DV votes coming in a row...gives us a nice window

Boycott the Bull!

No Bully..nooooooooo!

Switch him to Caste, Paci or both as well, and stall him from Merc...maybe he ignores it later
(seems you have have the same genius idea, but I think we can do it now...switch him to Caste now....with Banking...and Paci later)
1 turn is fine....we may be able to stall him till we give him Eco later and he may ignore changing to merc after having done anarchy so much anyway...i'm guessing

good AP stuff there, Ton :)

green on renog

Last edited:
Understood Lymo, i just cannot say much without testing (too tired now).
I know elections can get cancelled which would be good.

For chain i suggest Boot moves as far as possible, Arnie moves 5 tiles away from it (and gets it delivered next turn) so Boot can go ship hunting next (we shouldn't neglect this too much).
Rambo moves towards V for backup mish (no hurry if no fail), which then can be chained in a bit later.

Still not sure if we should do anything with Bully.
But i think not for now.
Well sigh he techs banking, so much for that.
No sell thou to delay Merc.

We should watch out when he finishes banking so we can switch him into something and gain 5 more turns.
230g away so should be at least another turn of research for him.
I suggest we check again next turn then decide on a civic switch yup.

I can see nothing else, last turn for me thou getting sleepy early today.
Let him keep that gold imo, not much point we still need the chance of what he techs next so we both can use gold.

Everything looks very nice.

Nitey :)
:lol: Lymo, i promise i will look more into AP tomorrow ;)

And well i think taking gold from Peter currently might be harming ourselves, we should be more than fine with SP and another GM.

Last edited:
Finishing turn here.
Chain is set
green on renegotiating fur with Pete?

uploaded for checks

:)
I'll leave the reneg for tomorrow and ending of the turn too. Keeping y'all in suspense ;) (or... maybe... just do it now... to have a fresh look tomorrow on a new turn)
I'll do that and will upload the start of the next turn :)

uploaded

Nighty Nites :)

Last edited:
sorry .movin' to different machine so I can munch....KERMIT

:rolleyes:

NIghty...with no emoti :lol:

Oh..suuuuuure you will ...another :rolleyes:....;) :lol:

Ok..Nighty now presented by the emoties :) and :D and :lol:
Ton completed the turn so next turn is uploaded

???..nothing....just being silly...not sure what you mean

Oh..sorry...that's a joke I make from Sesame Street when they say something is presented by the letters this and that. I've used that for years but realize it does not make sense without that context.

:lol: I think the heat is getting to me

My intent was joking with Ton about ending the turn as I was faking annoyance with the first Nighty
(I assumed Ton was joking about ending the turn anyway)

and Nighty ;)

Last edited:
Not sure what's going on now.
I mean with the stuff you write.
Okay well F und U didn't look funny at first glance, but i am tired so byes until tomorrow.

Oki :)

Last edited:
Oh..Chuck as a nice stack near Nurn...too bad we are not in the city. I think we are good to move back into Nurn as he has 1 cat and he will likely bombard 20% defense. I don't see Biz countering them with those 2 units.

SB asks 15g for Caste switch

Only I could create imaginary friction with "Sesame Street" :lol:

oh..ceasefire may not be bad idea unless our troops teleport back home...not sure on that...or would they stay on same landmass regardless and just teleport to Germany.

All should be easy wins and 6xp..yup

I don't exact rules on teleport but seems quite a distance for game to send them home.

Now just find the U :lol:

Saturday Night Live did a skit some years ago that was kind of a play on my joke

Sword may have some lower odds due to promos and LBs promos not good on flat really, but still should be quite high

I'm testing now...sleep well :)

:lol:...yuck..Nites!

We're fine on teleport. Units should end up in Nurn

Last edited:
I vanish to do some chores and the kids are fighting over sesame street. What is the world coming to. Bed for me.

Excited by chuckies stack.The best option might just be to attack it? See what tomorrow brings. We could attack and take ceasefire. He only knows 3 AI and they all hate him. We simply declare the next turn.

3 combat wins. With a chance to mop up the following turn. ;)

The letter F. Bed time video for you. Gotta love Cookie Monster.

Why would they go home? We have OB with Germans. We can test it. Would we really give up 3 90-95% combats with a chance of a lvl4 unit? German Knights could still be around. My guess is move 1 tile back across border.

They could teleport to nearest home city. Still need to test tomorrow. I won't have much time? Could you try something now?

I really need to get to bed.

Did a quick test and I think they would simply move into German borders. They moved 1 tile. Had 2 stacks.

Not sure if this counts.

Ackkkkkk.

Last edited:
Ack lol now i understand.

Ceasefire after 6xp sounds great.
In T i assume the plan was using 1 scientist now and 2 next turn.
We need 29 food so 11 + 9 + 9 ?

Oki, i was thinking a bit about KS and maybe we should run several scientists after temple was finished (keeping more coast hammers for now)?
Using the bin for a science boost with 75% from buildings and just stopping before we would shrink.

Last edited:
This SNL skit cracks me up:
Spoiler friggin funny :

Green on 6XP and CF

Need to decide if we promote 3rd musket or not. So not quite as simple.

Heading home. 20-30 mins.​

Hey guys...my capacitor just arrived so I'm eager to replace it. May take 30-40 minutes or so as I have to take apart the compressor to replace. So 3-ish for me or so...(I will be a sweaty mess)

hiya peeps :wavey:

a quick city planning:
Bib -> 2 scientists and building research
T -> now +11f, then 2t +9f. assigning scientists
other cities are ok imo

about promoting 3rd mutt. We can delay that decision after the first 2 attacks imo. Let's see those odds first

hiya gumbo :)

Biz is back on track with teching MT I see

hiya My :)

I agree with assigning 1 more scientist at KS now

I'm fairly confident that we'll reach refrigeration in 4 turns now :)

new page

Last edited:
Made it home. So ready when you all are.

Chuckie has a lot of triremes here. So getting 30xp from combat should not be hard here. Guessing his stack will sit outside city for 1-2 turns. So our units could heal for 1-2 turns before we attack again. Fingers cross they al survive first attack. Agree growing KS seems pointless. Extra scientists is good. Wait for temple seems fine.

Bibs should use more scientitsts too? Agree research and 2 scientists.
Yep think you have micro under control.

GS could be nice for settling. 40-50 turns for a settled GS? If were getting over 1200 beakers better than a Gart.

Still got at best 70 turns. Assumed 700 beakers a turn. Can get it to 57-60 if we average 900 or more.

At some point we need to max out science. When do we hit that button?

Last edited:
:wavey:
What are your thoughts on KS?
I would avoid the growth into -2 food there and use food for scientists instead, we could start with 1 more this turn.
Use more after temple for some turns for the science boost.
Growing would eat thru food faster.

Agree with Bibs and we already did on T too.
Should be a relatively easy 4t Refrig.

T Confu Temple?
Could use an Engi starting next turn for forge bonus.
I think we don't care if we get an Engi or GS here.

Oops Tonny did it again.
(new page)

Last edited:
Top Bottom