[BTS] SGOTM 27 interest.

Gumbolt

Phoenix Rising
It's been just over a year since the last SGOTM.

Trying to see what support a new game would have if we could inspire someone to run a new game. I for one would love the distraction of a new game.

Would love to try and get 3-4 teams if a Christmas miracle could happen. Maybe we might even find a game where a corp or two could find their place. If you would be interested in runing a team now is the time to shine.

I second this motion :agree:

The SG to end all SGs

Spoiler :
until the next one :D

We just play them to keep Mylene happy. Real therapy for her would be too expensive. :lol:

It's all about team games and taking part.

Oh look, we have a bear walking on thin air..
This bear can now relocate to other cities. 1 tile walks are so yesterday.

That's one fast bear :D

Count me in.
This is a unique opportunity to play the game. You'll enjoy a live discussion on what to do and will learn more than you would have ever expected.
Imho this can be your most rewarding experience of the game!
I'd like to thank the gotm staff for making this feature possible and really hope they will keep doing so.
Kind regards

I think @Noble Zarkon is very busy. He has barely logged on this week. There is clearly demand for a new game just need staff to run it. That side of things i don't know what is required. I suspect it needs @AlanH to sort database stuff. Plus a mod to run day to day game stuff. I think other mods in past have hosted games. Think waiting game for now. Fingers crossed it can happen. Not given up yet. I believe!!

SGOTM are fun, both for players and for the audience :goodjob:. I've read a few discussion in some old SGOTM threads and discovered many useful contents / opinions which cannot be found in other places.

If I understand correctly, in a succession game, one person plays some turns then gives the save to another person, then to next person, next, and next... ?

Usually people participate in team game so that they can contribute something to their team. I'm afraid that if I play a team game, my teammates will end up DoW on me after I lose the first worker on T35 to a barb warrior , or settle on Pig due to a missclick, or forget to adopt Slavery until T100, or ... (yes, it happened to me two weeks ago, I thought my fog-busting was perfect, then the next turn my worker was killed by a barb warrior) :hide:.

(yes, it happened to me two weeks ago, I thought my fog-busting was perfect, then the next turn my worker was killed by a barb warrior
In a very recent game, my neighbor Qin got the Great Wall and he built a city trapping a barb archer in a peninsula. After culture expansion the peninsula was fully covered by Qin and the barb archer was teleported to my border. The action sequence was me->Qin->barb, so I just watched the archer killing my workers and couldnt do anything. :cry:

I think @Noble Zarkon is very busy. He has barely logged on this week
Busy and having to watch amount of time I am on a keyboard due to RSI. Happy to run it will need to check if AlanH is still up for it.

Top Bottom