1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SGOTM2 Germany - Team Alamo

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession GOTM (SGOTM)' started by mad-bax, May 15, 2004.

1. alamo

alamo bang!

From what I can tell from the calculator page our Jason score is pretty flat at 5600. The diplo time benchmark is at 800AD.

The calculator was acting funny, though. It would not accept the input for turns before 1400AD.

Attached Files:

2. SesnOfWthr

SesnOfWthr True Believer

Just looked at the start for COTM2. Very interesting. Obviously the worker move is going to dictate the rest of the game. It seems likely that a palace move will be necessary ASAP. I find it hard to believe that Ainwood would stick us on a small island to start, when you wouldn't be able to expand until MM. But what do I know? Assuming that the color has not been altered, Dutch seem like the most probable civ.

3. bradleyfeanor

bradleyfeanor King

@Alamo: Well, I guess holding steady in score is better than going down. The wooden spoon is hovering dangerously close though...

@Sesn: I am hoping that it isn't the Dutch. It seems a terrible waste of their Agricultural trait. The English would be fun, as I haven't played with them in Conquests yet. The Man-o-War looks quite interesting. There are several options for the worker and the initial build sequence on this start, and I agree, they could lead to a great or a terrible game. The early palace jump is definitely going to be important, and I suspect such a big early strategic move will lead to a great disparity in the scores. Those who move the palace quick: high score, those who don't: low score.

4. SesnOfWthr

SesnOfWthr True Believer

The real question will be where the palace moves to, that will dictate how difficult it is to do. I would guess that the start is on a peninsula, making the jump "potentially" easier. In fact, an early war might be nice to secure land/pop an MGL for the jump, right down our alley, huh?

5. bradleyfeanor

bradleyfeanor King

Yes, :hammer: AI good, :love: AI bad. Down with diplomacy. Down with modern ages. An early palace jump into/next to an AIs territory would be sweet indeed! I am glad DaveMcW published that article on the finer details of the palace jump: I did not realize that number of nearby cities was a factor as well as population.

6. alamo

alamo bang!

I think we're over the limit for waiting. Anyone want to go?

I have guests today, so I can't go.

We are waiting for Tokugawa to build the UN. Be sure to watch border expansions - 23 tiles or less to domination. We need big metros with lots of happy faces for score.

7. bradleyfeanor

bradleyfeanor King

I can't play, because I will be at an outdoor jazz concert tonight. Plus, I just played...

8. SesnOfWthr

SesnOfWthr True Believer

Well, I'm up in two other SG's but if no one else has picked up the gauntlet by then, I'll grab it......

Who is supposed to be up?

9. alamo

alamo bang!

By the last full round of play, it would be Cuivienen.

alamo
    SensOfWthr
    bradleyfeanor
    Cuivienen
    Shoe35

There may be some confusion of original play order versus current play order. I assume that the last order was the best, but apparently that's not always true.

We can just wrap this turkey up, though. Hopefully UN victory is no more than 30 turns away.

10. mad-bax

mad-bax Deity GOTM Staff

bradley only posted yesterday. I know the game is approaching the end but it won't hurt to have a breather for a few more hours. :)

11. alamo

alamo bang!

Breathing is good...

It's a whole new month - is everyone playing CGOTM?

12. SesnOfWthr

SesnOfWthr True Believer

So what to do now? It has been well over 48 since BF posted his log, and no word from Shoe or CVN. Do you want to pick it up again Alamo?

Personally, I just want this thing to be done. We've been analyzing and strategizing for so long, I'm anxious to see our result, and where it stacks up to others.

13. SesnOfWthr

SesnOfWthr True Believer

Oh, and yes, I'm actually gonna play COTM this month, if it's a difficulty (monarch or emperor) that I can play leisurely. If it's DG or higher, I won't have the time to give it all the attention it deserves.

I'm currently in 8 SG's, but three of them (including this one) are very close to conclusion, so that puts me at my limit of about five. I can play more than that, but not if I want to keep my GF around. ;) :lol:

Edit - Dutch, Monarch, raging barbs. Looks like much blood will be spilt in the name of William!

14. bradleyfeanor

bradleyfeanor King

Hear Hear!!!

8, did you say 8 SGs??? If I did that I wouldn't have the time to sleep or eat!!!

I think this months COTM will in reality play more like emperor than monarch, because of the lay of the land in the screenshot. If you choose to play "predator" class, then it may well play like Demigod. Although, if what looks like a little island turns out to be a nice continent with cows and wheat aplenty, these level increases will not apply.

I am very, very fortunate in the GF department: she plays GOTM/COTM too! :queen:

15. alamo

alamo bang!

I may be able to grab it tonight, if nobody else does.

I may consider giving Fission to Joan if Kyoto is still 30+ turns away and Joan can get there sooner.

16. SesnOfWthr

SesnOfWthr True Believer

As I implied before, my vote goes to whatever gets us to a resolution the quickest. Actually, if we can get Joan to build it, I would think that Japan would be very likely to vote for us as we haven't been bad to them at all.

17. alamo

alamo bang!

Yeah Toku should be fine. Surviving the first vote will be the tricky part if Joan builds the UN, but I'm sure a few MPP's would make that doable.

Cuivienen, Shoe35, take a turn if you wish.

18. Shoe35

Shoe35 Chieftain

okay got it. sorry for being away. looking for a new job

19. alamo

alamo bang!

Job, schmob, where's your priorities man!

But seriously, I didn't know you were looking. I hear there's a big software company in your neck of the woods.

Good thing somebody got it - I got tied up installing a CD changer.

20. Shoe35

Shoe35 Chieftain

More than one actually, not sure which may be hiring