SGOTM2 Germany - Team scout

Tallanas said:
What I don't understand is this - India's MPPs with us and Russia are off the table. Why? I didn't even get asked to declare war...
Who do we currently have MPPs with? If we have a MPP with India, we will be at war with Japan the moment the Japanese attack anything in India's borders...

The current Diplomatic situation...

This is gonna get "interesting"... :lol:

With India sandwiched between China and Japan, I seriously don't want to sign anything with anyone on the other side of the pond. I only hope Japan doesn't send any troops against France before the UN vote.

We should be able to get France, China, and India.... unless France is the #2 candidate...

China, India, and us, versus France... Japan will either vote for us or abstain.

I think we can pull this off.

This is how it was the turn before... :hmm:

My guess is that the MPP between Russia and India ran out at a very good time for us. I would seriously hate to be in a war with India... but I would not sign a MPP with a nation already at war. Trading one vote for another would be like a snake eating its tail.

This is gonna be one of the more interesting turnsets I've ever played... maybe even more challenging than my last round in Bugs1...

But how did our MPP with India come to nothing? Is there a get-out clause? Could India somehow be responsible for the war?

Uploading the save file to the server now :)

Tallanas said:
Could India somehow be responsible for the war?
Possibly, but in order for France to declare on Japan, the Japanese had to attack something of India's within Indian borders.

scoutsout said:
Possibly, but in order for France to declare on Japan, the Japanese had to attack something of India's within Indian borders.

Which should have triggered our MPP...

Curiouser and curiouser...

Tallanas said:
Which should have triggered our MPP...
I think I have figured out what may have happened. Remember in my last turnset when I noted that India had no harbors? It appears that our MPP with India was bundled with a Dyes for Rubber/Spices trade.

Apparently the trade route was broken before the MPP could be triggered. India must have been using Japan's harbors. Not that it matters, but I bet India takes a hit for breaking a deal.

I bet if you trade maps around and do a map check, there is no overland link between China and India... (remember that long war India fought with China?) I bet India can't trade through China's harbors...

This is most interesting...

Round-up

Task Force Riga is on the way - it consists of one Destroyer and two transports with 3 MA, 3 Cav, 1 knight and one infantry. Target is Riga, a size 3 city.

Task Force Odessa is somewhat stronger. 2 Destroyers, 2 transports with 8 MA, 2 Infantry, 6 Artillery. Their targets are Odessa and Yakutsk.

In total, we have 78 Infantry, 79 Artillery, 96 Modern Armour and 6 Panzers.

The War Chest stands at 4606g, +413gpt, science at 40%, computers in 4.

Like I say, the Russians and the French are both up Amphibious Warfare and Space Flight. Watch out for those Tac Nukes!!

Edit - I'm rather pleased with the state of play here, apart from Tokugawa's ritual seppuku ploy. My one regret is that I haven't got a SoD to hand you, Scout... :( Kind of breaks with tradition!

scoutsout said:
I think I have figured out what may have happened. Remember in my last turnset when I noted that India had no harbors? It appears that our MPP with India was bundled with a Dyes for Rubber/Spices trade.

Apparently the trade route was broken before the MPP could be triggered. India must have been using Japan's harbors. Not that it matters, but I bet India takes a hit for breaking a deal.

I bet if you trade maps around and do a map check, there is no overland link between China and India... (remember that long war India fought with China?) I bet India can't trade through China's harbors...

I am a Dunce. Capital D.

I actually checked to see why we lost our dyes - there is no land route from Chittagong/Shantung, the dye region, that stays within Indian territory, and neither city has a harbour.

So, Japan declares war and the dyes are cut - India thus breaks the dyes/rubber/MPP deal, and we don't have to declare war. India's rep takes a hit, but they are still polite. In fact, everyone is still smiling at us.

My mind is put to rest somewhat.

Tallanas said:
In fact, everyone is still smiling at us.
In "due time" this too shall change. :devil2:

78 Infantry, 79 Artillery, 96 Modern Armour and 6 Panzers 3 Destroyers and 4 transports. If that doesn't count as a SoD I dont know what does. If any one fires a nuke it will trash his rep with everyone, ally or not.

Mistfit said:
If that doesn't count as a SoD I dont know what does.
Tal was referring to an "enemy" stack of doom. ;)

Yes... In fact, the first instance of this was in this very game... Let me go back and check what page. Basically, when we entered the Middle Ages, there were one or two rather enormous stacks of barbarian horsemen, since barbs were set to "raging" - my turns ended when one of these stacks hoved into view. Scout's first turn consisted of about 20 messages saying how much cash had just been robbed and "We must build our military"

:mischief:

Edit - check out posts 212 and 224, pages 11 and 12 :)

scoutsout said:

If this is the case how did France get drawn in? does she have a route we dont?

Mistfit said:
If this is the case how did France get drawn in? does she have a route we dont?
Probably because she signed a straight-up MPP. If we had done that, we'd be at war now. Since our MPP came bundled with trades for resources, the MPP was "broken" when the trade route (for the resources) was broken.

It will be interesting to see if this is a rep hit on us, or India. It will be crystal clear in pre-flight... when I go to negotiate a MPP with France...

"Somebody" broke the deal. I hope Ghandi gets "credit" for that...

We still have a MPP with France :)

Top Bottom