Shadow of the Fall: A Peshawar Lancers IOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its ok Sone, we understand, make sure your life is in order before worrying about this game <3

Seconded.

Resubbing to this thread.

Novo Dia

First 'Moving Picture' draws record crowds

Technology and the Sciences continue to advance in the country and the world benefitting a few people but a recent development has drawn crowds across the country. Ben-Hur, the first moving picture filmed and produced in Brasil has seen record ticket sales in cinema halls, many of them improvised theatres from the smallest villages to the largest cities. The Church, who has protested some theatre productions in the past for 'immorality' has been encouraging parishioners to attend and even bought tickets for groups. "We have never seen such sales, even the best theatre production could not compete with this!", said Dado Fonseca, a theatre owner. The picture is based on the book: Ben-Hur: Um Conto de Cristo (Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ) written by Isa Assunção Horn in 1975.

Ben-Hur is a wealthy Jew and boyhood friend of the powerful Roman Tribune,Messala. When an accident leads to Ben-Hur's arrest, Messala, who has become corrupt and arrogant, makes sure Ben-Hur and his family are jailed and separated.

Ben-Hur is sentenced to slave labor in a Roman war galley. Along the way, he unknowingly encounters Jesus, the carpenter's son who offers him water. Once aboard ship, his attitude of defiance and strength impresses a Roman admiral, Quintus Arrius, who allows him to remain unchained. This actually works in the Admiral's favor because when his ship is attacked and sunk by pirates, Ben-Hur saves him from drowning.

Arrius then treats Ben-Hur as a son, and over the years the young man grows strong and becomes a victorious chariot racer. This eventually leads to a climactic showdown with Messala in a chariot race, in which Ben-Hur is the victor.

Ben-Hur is eventually reunited with his mother and sister, who are suffering from leprosy but are miraculously cured by Jesus.[4]

Director: Jaime Weber
Ben-Hur: Leo Guido Kahler
Massala: Luitger Giovanni Crespo
Mary: Carola Hiltrude Nazario
Esther: Alícia Kriemhild Oursler

OOC: Names have been changed

Unfortunately, I do not have enough time for this IOT. It is an awesome game and I wish I had more time, but I do it a disservice by missing turns and then rejoining for 1 turn only. So please NPC China.

Patch Notes

1. Trade is being reworked. Haha just kidding it is being ax'd because it wasn't really doing much other than massively unbalancing the game in favor of Mass IP empires. Commerce now improves the economic bonus from stockpiled IP. Speaking of which-

2. Factories now divided between Civilian and Military. Civilian factories produce IP, most of which is consumed, and the rest is stockpiled. This civilian stockpile is what improves your economic bonus, but you can't draw on tt. Strategic bombing, economic disaster, etc., reduces this stockpile. It also doesn't stockpile as quickly because most civilian production is consumed.

Military factories produce MP, or Military Production. MP is used to build and maintain units.

The % of factories that are military factories depends on your economic mobilization level, which has five levels.

Civilian Economy: 5% of Factories are Military. +30% bonus from civilian stockpile.
Light Mobilization: 20% of Factories are Military. +10%
Partial Mobilization: 35% of Factories are Military. -10%
War Economy: 50% of Factories are Military. -20%
Total Mobilization: 65% of Factories are Military. -30%

3. Governments no longer stockpile IP themselves. Portions of existing IP stockpiles have been converted to the civilian stockpile, and other part converted to MP.

4. Military costs have been rebalanced. Most units now only cost 1 MP. This has no real effect on existing orders because the reduction it costs included a reduction in military power of each unit. If you bought 1 Infantry this turn, for example, you bought 5 instead. Planes and ships have largely the same costs as before. All units now have an MP upkeep cost.

5. Removed power rankings and influence from said power rankings. Influence being reworked.

6. Players can now create Military Districts. Units of a military district will do nothing but defend the province, and command of a military district can be given to a general or admiral that is already commanding a force. A single general or admiral can command as military districts as desired, but at the cost of efficiency.

7. Air Technology rolled into Army Technology.

8. Adding Culture Tech. Culture Tech improves the effects of your Education Policy and the strength of your Agents.

9. Replacing Tech Priorities with Tech Schools because the ugly block of numbers is a pain on my eyes in the workbook.

Traditional Academia: No bonuses or penalty.
Military-Industrial Complex: Bonus to Army and Industry, penalty to Navy and Culture.
Sea Power and the Merchant Marine: Bonus to Navy and Commerce, penalty to Army and Culture.
Business Schools and Tycoon Capitalism: Bonus to Commerce, Culture, and Industry. Penalty to Army and Navy.
Avantgarde Intelligentsia: Bonus to Culture, penalty to Army, Navy, and Industry
Corporative Industrialism: Bonus to Commerce and Industry, penalty to Army and Navy

10. Streamlining policies down to a handful of major ones that most policies already boil down to.

-Education Policy: (None, Minimum, Moderate, Heavy)
-Social Welfare Policy: (None, Minimum, Moderate, Heavy)
-Army Research and Development
-Naval Research and Development
-Industrial Research and Development
-Commercial Research and Development
-Arts Funding
-Aforementioned Economic Mobilization Level
-Trade Policy*
-Monetary Policy**
-Probably a few more

*Free Trade, Export-Focus, Limited-Export, Autarky. The freer the trade, the greater the bonus from global upswings. The stricter the trade, the greater the shielding from global downswings.

**Status Quo, Expansionary, Deflationary. Status Quo means you're doing nothing. Expansionary means causing the economy to grow faster at the cost of instability. Deflationary means causing a small recession in order to reduce instability. Yes, this is greatly simplified, so don't nag me in the chat.

11. Added Economic Instability, which runs 0-10 like in Rebuild of Revolution. The greater the Instability, the greater the chances of a large boom to your economy. Or depression.

12. Adding a few new "transport" units. The land transport units increase the speed of your slower units where and when it makes sense, while naval transport units are now required to transport armies. Every army has a "weight". The heavier the army, the more transports you need.

Faster forces enjoy a bonus in pre-battle calculations.

13. Other under-the-hood changes.

This has been a ridiculously long update cycle, but expect something before next Sunday.

Last edited:
Business and Tycoons is better than Corporative

Really like the changes, looking forward to seeing how it all works.

14. Forgot to mention I added a "Logistics" system. A Logistic Force is built with MPs like other units and is attached to an Army, Fleet, or Military District like a unit. However, instead of fighting, it gets the MP a force needs to it. If a force lacks the needed amount of LFs, the force will begin to suffer attrition. It it has more than it needs, it will heal during combat (by tapping into your MP stockpile). LFs cost IP and gold to build, but only gold to maintain.

The amount of supplies/MP a force needs for upkeep varies based on two factors: Location and Readiness. I rather slit my wrists than try drawing supply lines or anything like that, so it works along Paradox/Civilization rules. If the force is in a core territory, it costs base upkeep. Not in a core? It costs more. Not in a core and also overseas? Even more. Occupied/hostile province? You bet you'll be paying more.

A force that is overseas in occupied/hostile territory will cost 3x as much to keep up. Get your basing rights now, folks.

You can also reduce the readiness of your forces to reduce both gold and MP upkeep. A zero readiness army in a core province costs nothing to maintain, but I'd be careful throwing it into combat.

FAQ

Q. Sonereal, all these changes to military production restrictions mean that nobody can build a battleship a turn.
A. Not really a question, but it has come up enough in PMs and in chat that it bears mentioning. A single capital ship (battleships or cruisers) are expensive enough that unless you dedicate the entirety of your annual military production plus some banked MP, you won't be able to build one every year. This is a post-Fall world, battleships are expensive and powerful, and in the real world it takes years to build capital ships such as aircraft carriers.

Building a capital ship should take time. Since I don't do something like "you've built 37/250 MP of the battleship", I just make it so you can just save up MP.

You can tell a lot about the priorities of a country by how many battleships and cruisers they decide they need.

Do we already get the necessary amount of LFs with the change?

Due to the stupid number of rule changes, and a map change, and the wastelands retracting, I went ahead and threw up a new thread.

First update of the next part of the game will be up after i get home from work.

*squeeeeeeeeeee*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom