ShadowNES: The Age of Supremacy

Against my better judgment, I have sent orders rather early (not even receiving polite and, more importantly, very informative "You are ignored" messages from those I have contacted) because my schedule will prohibit me from making orders at a later.

Signed: King Wladimir V, King of Poland, Duke of so and so territories, Margrave of so and so place, lord and inheritor of so and so provinces (flyingchicken)

P.S. I am totally against calling states "nations" (even if a lot of the states are practically nation-states anyway). "Kingdoms" (if appropriate), "empires" (if appropriate), etc (if appropriate) or even just "states" but not "nations;" but then I'm guessing this is just a confined sentiment, i.e. confined to me and nobody important, SO CARRY ON

'Polity' is IMO the most accurate and concise generic term for what players control in most NESes, but on the other had sounds kinda off in most prose. Especially since at this stage most won't be unitary anythings, but rather slippery shifty systems of smaller units as evidenced by what you signed as ;).

forget you can see this

It is 48 Hours until the Deadline.

Get those orders in!

To:Riben

Although we do not recognise one another's right to establish ourselves in China, I request that we sign a temporary cease-fire. We both have our fair share of internal problems to deal with. No need to add external problems to the list.

Dunqulah
CAPITAL: Dunqulah
RULER: ? / NPC
GOVERNMENT: Absolute Monarchy (Clever)
CENTRALIZATION: Oligarchic
POPULATION: Small (2)
AREA: Medium (3)
CONFIDENCE: Growing
ECONOMY: Stable (5/7/2)
TECH. GRADE: Middle Middle Ages
ARMY FORCES: 10 Regiments (Seasoned)
ARMY BASIC: Seasoned
NAVY FORCES: None
NAVY BASIC: Green
MILITARY EDUCATION: Clever
EDUCATION: Literate
LIVING STANDARDS: Sparse
INFRASTRUCTURE: Passable
PROJECTS: <Variable>
BACKGROUND: The lands of the very upper Nile have been contested between Muslim Arabs and Christian Nubians since the Arab conquest of Egypt. Yet while the Nubians regarded it a battle for survival, the Arabs did not particularily care about Nubia, having other things to do. So did the Bulgars, albeit after the collapse of the first Bulgar Empire Merkurios III of Maqurrah briefly conquered, but didn't hold on to, Egypt. Yet after that, Maqurrah, which by then united Nubia, went into decline and was finished off by a coalition of non-Arabic Muslim desert peoples that eventually founded the Sultanate of Dunqulah and by now eradicated Christianity in their lands.

orders inc soon

where is the original time-line for this?

From The Sultanate of Dunqulah
To The Rumadid Bulgarian Caliphate

Greetings! We would like to open our borders once more and thoroughly increase trade between our two nations. Also sign a 10 year NAP.

ooc so let me get this straight Dunqulah is not a islamic nation? yet ummm... it is a Sultanate? Or is it just ethnically Arabic with tribal religions instead of Islam... cause that changes a lot.

EDIT- nvm i figured it out myself.

Orders sent! :king:

How long is each turn?

To Chola Kingdom
From Mandapala Empire

We would be much pleased to enjoy trade with your famed merchants. We understand that you have been experiencing difficulties in finding markets. We invite your merchants to our fine ports in Orissa, and Bengal from which to operate and may riches flow into both our coffers from this interaction.

On a more serious note, we would be interested in a strategic relationship with you for such cooperation together could take us far and satisfy both our desires.

Each turn is five years. There is no timeline for this setting, it was originally a guess-the-pod map made by Das, with national backgrounds.

Shadow, are my orders fine? I meant to ask at the end of the pm but got distracted.

To Chola Kingdom
From Mandapala Empire

We would be much pleased to enjoy trade with your famed merchants. We understand that you have been experiencing difficulties in finding markets. We invite your merchants to our fine ports in Orissa, and Bengal from which to operate and may riches flow into both our coffers from this interaction.

On a more serious note, we would be interested in a strategic relationship with you for such cooperation together could take us far and satisfy both our desires.

To: Mandapala Empire
We accept your trade proposals, shall our friendship bring richness to us.

Any minor ones? :mischief:

Coincidentally...

24 Hours until the Deadline

I'm shaking my head at the pitiful number of orders I've received, though I know some of you have been asking questions.

This is a largely-pointless 'orders sent' post, just like the others.

Then eat some stuff, and poop to make room for more to eat, and poop to make room for more to eat, and poop to make room for more to eat, and poop to make room for more to eat... Etc... In an endless cycle of eating and pooping. Just like in rl.

Top Bottom