1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

shaka needs to burn >_>

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by maddogmark25, Nov 6, 2007.

1. TriviAl

TriviAl Prince

Getting mutual war diplo bonuses with Shaka rocks - just as long as you can keep him busy for the rest of the game. Soon as he's not fighting he starts to look for tempting targets? :o

Did recently try all the nasty leaders with aggressive AI and raging barbs - that makes for a fun game.

2. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

If you think that Shaka is bad, try Shaka with Mids.... Can you say Police state ;) ?

Of course that I finished him in a glourious campaign that put my budget @ 10% with deficit, courtesy of the massive WW of grinding his massive stacks....

3. LemonJello

LemonJello Warlord

Shaka and Monty top the list of "Met him, now I have to eradicate him" AIs. Soon as the diplo-speak is done, I start cranking out the war machine to eliminate them before either one is knocking at my borders.

I may have to try and use Shaka as an attack dog against the other AIs sometime.

4. LovesCiv

LovesCiv Chieftain

Shaka ACK! Khan just as bad IMHO. Both of them cause me to reload, quit, or restart more then I will admit to on the message boards... I would never do any of those things.

:king: I am Civ king who can't play on harder than noble and that's near impossible for me to win. :king:

5. Glored

Glored Chieftain

The thing is, they never learn :p

6. apoccow

apoccow Chieftain

I've hated him since Civ I. Was kind of happy to see him back in though, as he is my oldest hated civ :)

7. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Nice nice - good point Glored :D

And I agree with Apoccow (and welcome to the forums, btw!) - he is one of the AIs that play to win, and I like.

8. Bhruic

Bhruic Emperor

I posted this in the Aggressive AI thread, but it works equally well here:

This is on Prince, which normally is a cakewalk for me. Shaka is just cleaning up, and sadly he's on the other side of the world (Pangaea), so I can't get to him to attack.

Bh

9. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

No, that's really not the best way to handle warmongers. Shaka won't declare war on you if you're friends with him and if you're a warmonger yourself, it'll make war quite a bit easier if you have a powerful ally with you at all times.

10. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

Youve never gotten on his bad side.

Clicked discuss sumthing else, and i misclicked.... god he sent 214021421948291 beserkers after me. I was on the sea, covered with rivers.

11. Lucky The Fox

Lucky The Fox Prince

True, but in the case of Monty and Shaka, it doesn't matter if I'm on their good side or not.

12. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Honestly, I don't think Shaka backstabs people. There definitely are leaders in the game who are prone to do it, but I really do not think Shaka is one. He's never backstabbed me, unlike Ragner and Montezuma. Shaka seems rather loyal if you're good to him. Of course, if you don't give into his demands and don't build many military units, he'll destroy you, but that's expected...

13. RockTheCazbah87

RockTheCazbah87 Pacal's pal

Same opinion. Shaka, when you're nice to him, isn't actually that bad. He can be a loyal friend when he wants to be.

IMO, one of the most dangerous characters in the Civ lineup (other than Monty and Toku) is Cathy. She's arrogant, but she techs like Mansa. And she's just not very nice! Etc. :mischief:

14. Dagta

Dagta Chieftain

Bhruic,
    how did you get the "of country" into the scoreboard names? That would be VERY helpful to me. I accidentally declared war on the wrong country a few days ago. :lol:

15. Bhruic

Bhruic Emperor

Line 2791 of CvMainInterface.py:
    Code:
    szTempBuffer = u"%d: <color=%d,%d,%d,%d>%s</color> of <color=%d,%d,%d,%d>%s</color>" %(gc.getGame().getPlayerScore(ePlayer), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getPlayerTextColorR(), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getPlayerTextColorG(), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getPlayerTextColorB(), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getPlayerTextColorA(), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getName(), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getPlayerTextColorR(), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getPlayerTextColorG(), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getPlayerTextColorB(), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getPlayerTextColorA(), gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getCivilizationShortDescription(0))
    Bh

16. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Yeah Cathy is definitely a backstabber. I never get along with her.

17. Dagta

Dagta Chieftain

Thank you!

18. Silver Marmot

Silver Marmot Warlord

In my last game I made the mistake of assuming that being friendly with Shaka and sharing the same religion would prevent a war with him. It didn't. Fortunately, while I neglected my own defenses, I had enough privateers to sink his approaching navy before it could land.

I think the best solution might be to declare war on one of his neighbors, then bribe him into war to keep him occupied, and keep doing that for the duration of the game. Or I could just take him out myself if it's convenient.

19. gunter

gunter King

Never trust anyone,trust me.

20. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

Yep, theyr deadly. Seems they like other evil AIs, De Gaulle always seems to LOVE Shaka and Monty. Its downright scary.