shaka needs to burn >_>

maddogmark25

Chieftain
im playing as the greeks w/ Pericles, Shaka is my neighbor, same religion, have traded the whole game, friendly relationship, and what does he do? stacks 5 swordsmen and several war elephants and runs through sparta and knossos

anyone else have a burning hatred for this guy? he ranks right up there for me with hammurabi, Joao, and Fredrick, for some odd reason

It's simple: at all times expect treachery and invasion from him.

And when you have a civ that you're constantly expecting invasion from, sometimes it's easier to just invade them yourself preemptively.

But I do agree that it's kind of stupid how now the AI will declare war at you even if Friendly. I had Kublai Khan be Pleased/Friendly with me, declare war on me, get smacked around, make peace, and be Pleased with me as if the whole thing never happened...

Shaka WILL attack someone, no matter what or who. If you're his closest neighbor, that's you. If he has already attacked and defeated his closest neighbor, you're next.That's the way he goes.

In my experience, it doesn't matter if you're on the other side of the world, Shaka will still invade at some point. Not that I had much proof to base this claim on as Shaka seems to start next to me about 90% of the time. Other 10% it's Monty, who is pretty much Shaka Lite in the sense that he falls behind in tech much faster.

Now I got a horrible thought of starting next to Shaka AND Monty sometime.

I did in two recent games. Shaka vassalized Monty and another and came after me each time. And then he died.

As soon as I see their ugly faces I start to make axes, lot of axes. It's never a waste.

if it makes anyone feel any better i just absolutely destroyed him i about 10 turns in 1970 on epic...made him cry, give up a good city and capitulate.

i think shaka is fun to play against! He gives an real chalange is very powerful somethimes through the entire game.

Although Shaka is a horrible friend/enemy, as an ally he's excellent!!! He builds up those massive armies and sends them wherever you declare war. It's like having an army of orcs at your command that never get tired and seem to multiply faster than they die.

I try and use him as an ally/vassal as soon as I meet him. In cases where it's just not going to work out, I kill him off or severly nerf his civ so his 1-2 cities can't do much.

Yeah Shaka is an excellent ally, just declare war on someone else and pay Shaka some tech to join in. Soon you'll be great friends and you'll have the leading military ally for most of the game.

Although Shaka is a horrible friend/enemy, as an ally he's excellent!!! He builds up those massive armies and sends them wherever you declare war. It's like having an army of orcs at your command that never get tired and seem to multiply faster than they die.

I try and use him as an ally/vassal as soon as I meet him. In cases where it's just not going to work out, I kill him off or severly nerf his civ so his 1-2 cities can't do much.

Orcs!!! :lol: Zug-zug! Lok'tar!! If Shaka has Orcs, then Monty must be the Zerg.

Kill him ASAP. Nothing is more satisfying than taking out his original doomsday stack of 3 Impi, a few axes, and archers, and moving on to burn his cities.

In my experience, it doesn't matter if you're on the other side of the world, Shaka will still invade at some point. Not that I had much proof to base this claim on as Shaka seems to start next to me about 90% of the time. Other 10% it's Monty, who is pretty much Shaka Lite in the sense that he falls behind in tech much faster.

lol- i once got Ragnar, Shaka, Monty, Boudica, AND De Gaulle all in the same map-was extremely scary and i clicked a little button: exit to main menu.

True story :mad: :cry: :eek:

My last two games ended with Shaka invading me. I hate Shaka. Die Shaka, die.

If you guys just followed my advice you'd seriously not have to worry about Shaka invading you. Just be friends with him and go to war WITH him! It's the best way to treat a warmonger.

lol- i once got Ragnar, Shaka, Monty, Boudica, AND De Gaulle all in the same map-was extremely scary and i clicked a little button: exit to main menu.

I actually recently had Monty and De Gaulle on the same continent as me. After a period of short wars against both of them, Monty somehow managed to vassalize both De Gaulle and Mansa Musa, pretty much controlling over half of he continent that way, and attacked me without remorse. Let this be a lesson for everyone to not let that bastard live next to you. I might've done better had I had a better start location though.

Oh, and I've honestly never had any trouble with Ragnar. He always seems to become a friendly trade partner to me.

If you guys just followed my advice you'd seriously not have to worry about Shaka invading you. Just be friends with him and go to war WITH him! It's the best way to treat a warmonger.
Naaah... The best way to treat a warmonger is to outwarmonger him, burn his cities to the ground, and pee on the ashes. Especially Shaka, or Monty. That's the only way they learn.

Top Bottom