Shame of Britain's Muslim schools

But Hindu's do drink cow piss. I remember seeing a special about how they use cow urine as a remedy for illness.

This is a wonderful opportunity to ban Islam!

Also, Holy Pee! :eek:

Hindu's have a couple uses for cow urine to my knowledge.

When they buy a new house as part of the house warming ceremony a cow is brought into the house, and if it urinates while it's in the house it's considered good luck.

In addition to that when a newborn baby is born as part of the ceremony it is passed under the cow, and if the cow urinates on the baby it is also considered good luck.

And in religous ceremonies sometimes the holy water which is sprinkled on people and drunk in tiny quantities is sometimes mixed with cow urine.

Also they had a Prime Minister who drank his own urine, believing it would give him long life. He did live to be pretty old...so go figure.

And yes cow urine is supposedly used in homeopathic medicines.

Assumably this is one of the Saudi-funded schools that will get new opportunities to expand under the 'Free Schools' policy of the Tory government.

I don't see what this has to do with religion. Teachers hitting pupils is a common thing here. Nothing to do with religion, just with stupid people* .

* - includes communists in case you are wondering

Btw, the amount of outrage in the thread made me gain faith in humanity.

All muslim schools like this should be closed down in my opinion. This kind of thing does not belong in our country. Multiculturalism doesn't work, and so many people of this religion utterly refuse to integrate into our culture. I think allowing them to create schools to indoctrinate their children in their barbaric and uneuropean ways is simply further encouraging this seperation and hatred for western culture. They should go to public schools where they can mix with English children and assimilate with them.

The way I see it, if these people hate our culture and our ways so much then there are plenty of muslim countries where the people may be more acceptable to them. If they hate us so much, why are they here?

All [Jewish/Orthodox/Sikh/Protestant/Catholic] schools should be closed down in my opinion. This kind of thing does not belong in our country. Multiculturalism doesn't work, and so many people of this religion utterly refuse to integrate into our culture. I think allowing them to create schools to indoctrinate their children in their barbaric and uneuropean ways is simply further encouraging this seperation and hatred for western culture. They should go to public schools where they can mix with English children and assimilate with them.

The way I see it, if these people hate our culture and our ways so much then there are plenty of muslim countries where the people may be more acceptable to them. If they hate us so much, why are they here?

God it gets tedious having to remind people that it's downright bigoted to expand something some members of group X do into an attack on all members of group X.

It's odd how bigots don't want to amend their ways and integrate into their culture.

All religious schools should be closed down in my opinion. This kind of thing does not belong in our country.

In the school that was highlighted it sounds like violence is more extreme than what typically goes on in schools with corporal punishment. It's hard to tell because the article mentioned studying a few different schools and they weren't always so clear about which one they were talking about and for how long they were spying on them. If it was for a long period of time then I have a hard time believing the school didn't know what was going on.

I've seen videos with those kids rocking back and forth while reciting the Quran, I wonder why they do that. I think it might have something to do with the rhythm of the verses but it looks bizarre and I think a lot of them don't understand what they're reciting. When I've seen people read the Quran individually in mosques they never do that.

It is really annoying how some people want to enjoy the economic benefits of living in a Western country but they have no tolerance for that country's culture. The problem with religious schools is that often the people who send their children to those schools are more radical than the general population.

Yes, but being angry at religion is equally illogical, Captain.

Being angry at Irish boy rape, the crusades, undersexed Saudi boy-lovers flying planes into buildings, ignorance spewing Southern evangelicals, millennia-long defiance of rational thought and humanism, zionist settlers, along with the requisite levels of misogyny, mutilation, genocide, killing of infidels, burning of witches, indoctrination of children, breading of hatred, abortion doctor murder, the Inquisition, close-mindedness, lack of ability to form healthy adult sexual relationships, Jerry Falwell, is not illogical.

That's just some bleeding heart, all viewpoints are equal, my liberal arts diploma tells me to respect crap ideology, egalitarian apologist crap you are spewing right there.

No it isn't. Funnily enough, there's a gaping wide chasm of nuance between the positions of angry Christopher Hitchens fanboys with a chip on their shoulders and strawman cultural relativists eager to excuse everybody for everything.

Squint hard and you might be able to detect it.

Top Bottom