Share Intrigue

Marvin86

Chieftain
Hey guys, sorry if this has been posted before.

When the AI "shares intrigue" with you, sometimes it's " x is plotting against you" which is mostly meaningless because it seems like the AI is always plotting against you and usually will not do anything about it, in the near future anyways. But recently I've had a few times when I've been told that " x launched a sneak attack on your city" but the attack never came. I was wondering if this is because the attack was called off for whatever reason (like a DOW from another civ), or is it because the intrigue that the AI "shares" with you is not always true?

When the other AIs "warn you", they don't seem to care about how friendly you are with the person they warn you about, so the warning is fairly useless.

They'll often tell you that an AI you have declaration of friendship with is plotting against you, which is just not true.

I'd say about 75 percent of the time you can ignore the plotting against you.

About 60 percent of the time you can ignore the "x launched an attack on your city."

But when I'm told that "x is sending an army towards a certain city," I definitely take notice. That one is usually pretty accurate.

That happened in a game last night where Bismark foolishly backstabbed me and sent his army. I was playing as China (and only had one huge city--my capital). I totally destroyed him with my chukonus. And then proceeded to take two of his cities. He ended up giving me four more in a peace deal, which I had to sell because of money issues.

So he has one crap city left and he and I are surrounded by Brazil (who I have a DOF with). Just discovered aluminum and have a ton of it.

So going autocracy to double the quantities (which will give me 48 aluminum and 30 oil) and get ready to go after Brazil when the DOF is up.

I did have to settle one city to get some of that aluminum and oil, which I really didn't want to do. But it accounts for 18 aluminum and 12 oil).

Top Bottom